And now for something completely different ......... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: And now for something completely different .........

It's beautiful country and a pretty time of year to see it, and a popular Dual sport trip. Big bike friendly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Cool trip and report. Thank goodness for logging otherwise we'd really be suckholing for access to the woods. I highlead cable logged for about 12 years when I was younger.

Bike
    1190 ktm gsx-r 1k
    Good read and good trip ! I lived in Brookmere for a summer in 86 to burry a power cable up to the top of Thyne Mtn from the new highway #5 . Great country roads and great riding even today ! Thanks for that SIK
    I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Very interesting. A proper DS is on my list for BC exploring, it would be great to find some others who may be interested in exploring our FSR and backroads network; no shortage here!

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    Just spend a week on "active" logging roads looking for Bambi ... they are doable without a radio but its pretty unnerving when you hear that thing coming LOL
    If your on a bike try and stop someone with a radio and just get them to broadcast your intended route with number of bikes without radio at the end. Most loggers are ok with it.....
    That was a great loop. BC is almost too large to ride in one lifetime LOL
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Atleast on a bike unless you're going ludicrous speeds you have a pretty good chance of avoiding logging traffic. Most truck drivers will announce a radioless vehicle if spotted. Happens(ed) all the time. Even if you have a radio you always have to watch for someone without on public forestry roads so always best to use some prudence.*

I swore off dirt riding years ago but I'll admit I've been feeling the itch to explore a bit. Even just for fishing access and stuff would be alright. Just don't know if I have the proper self control yet. I can still taste the dirt years later. Lol. *

Bike
    RC
    Out here in Bugtussle we've got lots of working forest but it seems those guys always take weekends off. That might work.

Also they usually publish info on harvesting on local networks so checking in with the locals can pay off.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    ZX14
    So much unexplored areas so close to home (relatively speaking), thanks for sharing, cool mini adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    A nice scouting trip. I'm sure some dirty riders will appreciate it
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    ummm
    A usable DS bike is an essential part of a well rounded bike inventory. I've got 3 within that demographic. travelled Baja. Travelled to Laguna Seca offroad. It's good. Very good.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I haven't been able to shake off thinking about dirt riding again. Seems like I will probably talk myself into a DS by spring. So I can blow off some steam on the forest roads, hills, and mountains where there are no tickets to be had. I road full off-road dirtbikes for many years but now I'm thinking of a full dirt machine with a street kit on it and insurable. Round out the stable a bit.*

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    thanks for posting - cool country! I quite like the road from Princeton to Otter Lake, and while the pavements ends there and most people would choose to ride out and back, it's excellent hard-packed gravel to continue north to where the road rejoins Hwy 5, easily rideable on any street bike.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Princ...871755!1m0!3e0

actually, Princeton is the centre for a bunch of entertaining little out-and-backs, or alternatives to main routes:

Bankier Road
    https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Princ...d49.716773!3e0

that continues thru to Summerland, but I've only ever done that in a vehicle, many years ago, and I recall it as stoney and dusty.

the Old Hedley Road is a great way to avoid 30kms of highway travel:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Princ...5e4012!1m0!3e0

Copper Mountain Rd runs south from town to the mine, and is also a worthwhile diversion:

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Princ...2d49.33712!3e0

there are some photos here: https://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/s...ight=princeton

obviously, I need to take the Brookmere road some time too!
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    CB 500X
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I haven't been able to shake off thinking about dirt riding again. Seems like I will probably talk myself into a DS by spring. So I can blow off some steam on the forest roads, hills, and mountains where there are no tickets to be had. I road full off-road dirtbikes for many years but now I'm thinking of a full dirt machine with a street kit on it and insurable. Round out the stable a bit.*
    I'm watching the EICMA show in Italy this week to see if Yamaha is going to launch their 700cc Dual Sport. It could be an excellent bike with the FZ7 engine in it.
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    *** yup. ... and here's a 'first ride' report on the BMW F850GS, which Revzilla makes sounds really good, if rather pricey.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...%7C%20Combined

you Interior guys are certainly spoiled for choice, when it comes to roads to ride, and types of roads to choose.
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Yah I can take a right out of my driveway and hwy6 is a km or so away. Or I can take a left and bluenose fsr is about the same which leads to the Aberdeen plateau which is a huge area. Or just across Hwy6 is the Becker/bardolf fsr another huge area. Many dirtbikes, quads, sidexsides tear around my hood. *No one seems to mind or make issue of it. My home is 250m setback from the road(no handshoveling my driveway lol) so it doesn't bother me at all. I could go with a strictly off road bike and have plenty of area to explore right from home. *Like I said earlier I am apprehensive a little to get back into/on something that can jump. Crashing seems to go hand in hand with jumping for me. Hard to resist when you're on a machine built for it and you come across......well....a jump. *Definetly got to think this one through.*