And now for something completely different ......... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: And now for something completely different .........

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    I'm watching the EICMA show in Italy this week to see if Yamaha is going to launch their 700cc Dual Sport. It could be an excellent bike with the FZ7 engine in it.
    Funny you say that. I had just been reading this thread. https://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/s...-Concept-Bike*

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    I'm watching the EICMA show in Italy this week to see if Yamaha is going to launch their 700cc Dual Sport. It could be an excellent bike with the FZ7 engine in it.
    production version looks pretty good. not as exciting as the concept bike (but they never are), too bad it's not coming until model year 2021.
    Last edited by the bartender; 11-05-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Bike
    CB 500X
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    production version looks pretty good. not as exciting as the concept bike (but they never are), too bad it's not coming until model year 2021.
    2021 ????

Name:  why.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  23.5 KB
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I haven't been able to shake off thinking about dirt riding again. Seems like I will probably talk myself into a DS by spring. So I can blow off some steam on the forest roads, hills, and mountains where there are no tickets to be had. I road full off-road dirtbikes for many years but now I'm thinking of a full dirt machine with a street kit on it and insurable. Round out the stable a bit.*
    Couldn't shake the itch. I picked up a wr400f today. Not to plate for the road. Just to putt(he he he, not likely) around the woods some. Real mint machine. Just couldn't bring myself to DS. I'll ride my streetbike on the road and dirtbike on the dirt. I've got to much killer access right from my home or short jaunts with the pickup.*

Bike
    Honda
    LOL ...... Really honey, just gonna putt putt around. On a 400 .....

Lucky bugger!
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Thanks. Honestly I've been itching so badly to ride I was going a bit out of my mind. Atleast a dirtbike I can still play with until full on winter and really early in the spring. Not in the mountains obviously but down low. *Yah my wife is impressed. So impressed she wants her own! *Lol. I married a good one that's for sure.*

And the big side benefit is being able to blow off some steam without breaking any laws. *That'll help keep me from any uncomfortable road side meetings with the likes of yourself.*

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    And the big side benefit is being able to blow off some steam without breaking any laws. *That'll help keep me from any uncomfortable road side meetings with the likes of yourself.*
    Hey! I always try to make it as pleasant as possible! And being a hooligan offroad, that's what I'm aiming at doing.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Maybe not the right spot for it. Makes me wonder why I ever didn't own a dirtbike? *

Older and cheap and not beat which are my prerequisites for most things I acquire. **

Name:  IMG_1971.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  149.1 KB

Bike
    Honda
    I almost bought a plated WR40OF last year that came with off road and super Moto tires/rims. Then realized it was a recipe for a serious of career limiting moves. Passed on it ......

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    From what I've read a bike like that would only be on the road still from slipping through the cracks and no guarantee that a new owner would even get plates when they register and even if they did it would be all over with the first roadblock or pullover. I strongly considered some dual sport bikes but in the end I decided to stay cheap. All the ones that I saw that I'd like to ride In the dirt were pretty pricey. I'll pay about $60-70 a year in liability insurance and stay off the public roads with it. If icbc was cool and more lenient sure I'd plate it probably with a Baka kit or whatever. I also read a bit about guys having these off-road bikes plated 'legally' and running into insurance hassle if they're ever involved in an accident.*

Bike
    Honda
    I ran a plated XR650R for several years before selling it. I picked up another about 2 yrs ago before selling it this spring. It was still plated and the owner and I did not exchange money until I had it re-insured in my name with a fresh plate on it. I see several types of enduros still around each summer. It seems as long as the riders stay under the radar they do not get inspection orders. But it is a roll of the dice. If it ever has to go back in for an inspection, things could get dicey.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Yah it seemed like a lot of grey area. I was gonna pull the pin on a Honda 450x that was plated but in the end I don't really even want to pay for another two street insurances(wife and I) to ride dirtbikes on the street. We have to much riding at our doorstep and will just enjoy the streetbikes on the street. I can always transport my bikes to other riding areas if I want. *I will buy liability insurance to legally run on forest service roads though.*

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    The wife has asked me to not buy anymore motorcycles this year. Sure I mean it's nearly December right?

This one was is for her though. Minty fresh ttr125. Original tires. LE version which is taller tires, adjustable suspension, front disk, and electric as well as kick start.

Let the dirt flinging commence!

Name:  56452888368__BC585C00-CF93-4A8D-ACF1-E0D3F7EE16BB.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  149.7 KB*