Speed limits down by 10 km/hr - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed limits down by 10 km/hr

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I would be curious to know too what the 1% entails? *I have three catch phrases that are the only thing I ever say to an officer. Yes sir, no sir, sorry sir. Substitute sir for 'mam if it's a female officer. Seems to serve me well.*

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I would be curious to know too what the 1% entails? *I have three catch phrases that are the only thing I ever say to an officer. Yes sir, no sir, sorry sir. Substitute sir for 'mam if it's a female officer. Seems to serve me well.*
    No one likes a brown noser. *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Officers do. Honestly I address most people with monikers of respect. Even younger guys I call sir, sort of like a heads up on decorum. Call me buddy or bud and you'll see my ears start to turn red.*

as a youth I was manhandled by the police for being a mouthpiece. It left a lasting impression.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post

People like to think we are a bunch of pre-programmed automatons that have no ability to think.
    uhmm... whats your point?

honestly, i very, very, very rarely ever encounter an 'original' thought process from roadside tax collectors..

to be clear. the EXACT same can be said for those on the job, in regards to their view of the general population.
    ie: those going somewhere by use of roadways.

maybe its a personal trait or ability to read past the bullshit, but most every single
    time i'm sitting there and I can SEE they dont even believe the bullshit they're shoveling.

we've been given ever damn sermon under the sun when its 100% obvious no laws were being broken,
    and no kittens were sacrificed but that chip on their shoulders, right next to their badge rarely leaves the room.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 11-08-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    RC
    I heard if you can pull a clean horn mono they're not allowed to stop you. Just don't have any fur on the bike; that's a dealbreaker.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I would be curious to know too what the 1% entails?
    The ones that stick out for me are as follows:
    - stopped for tint. Elderly husband and wife, wife was obviously going through advanced chemo. Husband said the tint was because his wife couldn't adequately control her body temperature due to the chemo. We then spent another 30 minutes talking about their 45 yrs of marriage.
    - stopped for going through a stop sign at 60 km/hr. Just came from hospital where father was in hospice care. Then spent 15 minutes talking about her dad, her work and how much she was worried about him.
    - stopped for speed. They were transporting their 23 yr old son's ashes home. He died of cancer. Mom was carrying them in her lap.

Usually, about 1/3 of people admit they screwed up roadside. It doesn't give them a skate on things, but I always tell them it's nice to see people taking ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I heard if you can pull a clean horn mono they're not allowed to stop you. Just don't have any fur on the bike; that's a dealbreaker.
    What the heck? Am I just too tired to understand this?
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    uhmm... whats your point?

honestly, i very, very, very rarely ever encounter an 'original' thought process from roadside tax collectors..

to be clear. the EXACT same can be said for those on the job, in regards to their view of the general population.
    ie: those going somewhere by use of roadways.

maybe its a personal trait or ability to read past the bullshit, but most every single
    time i'm sitting there and I can SEE they dont even believe the bullshit they're shoveling.

we've been given ever damn sermon under the sun when its 100% obvious no laws were being broken,
    and no kittens were sacrificed but that chip on their shoulders, right next to their badge rarely leaves the room.
    Well .......
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    So some solid tragedy can get you into the 1%er club with you? *Well hopefully if you ever pull me over I'm just getting a ticket I suppose.*

Bike
    RC
    What the heck? Am I just too tired to understand this?
    Name:  267881_2015011300320150113006.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  60.4 KB
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    People like to think we are a bunch of pre-programmed automatons that have no ability to think.
    Name:  cdc5931bda50f18991859d2773c3bc11.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  101.2 KB
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

Bike
    ZX-10R
    Digby's going for the how to win friends and influence people thing again!

Classic Dale Carnegie right there.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 41OVER! View Post
    Classic Dale Carnegie right there.
    depends on how you take it really, if you consider yourself to be fair and thoughtful instead of following the lowest common denominator
    then I dont see how it makes a difference on how others behave. It generally comes down to "one bad apple spoils the bunch"

I specifically said it was very, very, very rare.. exceptions do exist i suppose. Personal experience since the whole 40+ fiasco got started has proven me wrong

power corrupts, absolute power corrupts "absolutely"

I could go into details but i really dont see a point in doing so.. Public forum means everybody gets to have an opinion, including wrong ones.
    I meant no disrespect to anybody particularly on this forum per-se, but i'm also not gonna sugar-coat it just so folks can feel warm and fuzzy about themselves.

i've never had a problem with Sikorsky personally, and dont think i've ever met him on the side of the road.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 11-09-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    I dunno. Every LEO I've met roadside has been pretty decent. But any speed tickets I've received have been honestly earned and I'm not a prick about it.* Even the officers pulling me for a MC license check have been approaching apologetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    Public forum means everybody gets to have an opinion, including wrong ones.
    Opinions aren't facts, they aren't right or wrong. But that's just my opinion*

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    Opinions aren't facts, they aren't right or wrong. But that's just my opinion*

I tend to get tired of typing, meant in the sense that folks love to run away with a thought
    and respond without having all, hell sometimes ANY of the facts. As a result i dont feel the need
    to start a shit-show on unrelated manners..

but the comment posted, had little to do with discussing matters of weather or not a TICKET was issued, neither was it DESERVED or NOT!

it was purely as a response to the idea that we as the general population have an opinion of most LEO's attitudes out on the road.
    the funny bit to me is that at least at one time or another we have all been given the 10 page sermon about how we're all out there up to no good.

meaning, it seems they also have the same idea about the rest of us!! we are all speed demons out looking to kill ourselves

i dont know about you, but i like to set the cruise control at or just below/above the speed limit and get home in one piece

mind you i'm also watching Smokey and The Bandit on the PVR so i guess the jury is still out
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by bacchus40; 11-09-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2006 Honda VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    Speed limits are a joke for most folk. Every time an asshat blows by me at high speed in heavy traffic I pray I see his car/truck getting loaded on a tow truck down the way. It never freaking happens!!

The lower mainland is the worst.. It's the wild west. Everytime I go down there some idiot or idiots are filtering at high speed, cutting people off, and generally causing mayhem. Lifted trucks, beemers, and high end Japanese cars usually. Don't drive the speed limit if you don't wanna get run down from behind. I got to go back down there soon ...groan. There must be hundreds more accidents there than the rest of BC combined.

I don't see a problem with speed on the Coq so much in good weather. Traffic is lighter and there's no corners. It's the numb nuts who won't slow down in bad conditions.

Where I see the very worst of drivers is in towns and cities. There you have the lifted trucks again, soccer moms, women in pricey suvs, and distracted drivers galore. I had a young lady follow me a couple weeks ago. She couldn't keep her eyes off her phone. I yelled at her at a stop sign to put the phone down and, naturally, I get mouthed obcenities back.

In my opinion its the lack of enforcement where and when we really need enforcement. I take a Sunday morning ride out into the boonies and who do I see? A cop. Why the hell isn't he in town writing tickets where its needed most?

Speed reported as the number one cause of accidents? 1 kph over is speeding by definition. Who knows how they acquire their statistics. There's a lot of drivers out there who have 0 respect and 0 give-a-shit and they get away with murder.

It's not the speeding its bad driving.
    That statistic is gathered by ICBC from reports prepared by police investigating collisions and is bent, stretched and manipulated far beyond what it really mean when used by the police investigating the collision in the first place. It is a disgrace how the government agencies and ICBC misuse stats to feed their opinions.

You are very correct with your point about 1 km over the posted limit being speeding. Truthfully, it is not "Speeding" as the large contributing factor. It is "Speed" That is usually combined with other factors, most often road, weather and visibility conditions. Of course impairment and distracted driving are also combined with this. "Speed" can be a contributing factor even though the vehicle is doing under the speed limit.

So to jump on the band wagon and start hammering people for exceeding the speed limit because ICBC or a government ministry says too many collisions are being cause by speed in simply wrong. Traffic enforcement needs to be focused on what history has shown to be the real cause of collisions in a particular area and focus enforcement tactics on those factors. Most often, by my experience, it has been erratic driving, drive without due care and attention, or reasonable care and consideration, distracted driving, follow too close, and the absolute largest factor in a metro environment, running yellow lights.