Thread: Speed limits down by 10 km/hr

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2006 Honda VFR
    A very good starting point. Well said.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by 34468 View Post
    That statistic is gathered by ICBC from reports prepared by police investigating collisions and is bent, stretched and manipulated far beyond what it really mean when used by the police investigating the collision in the first place. It is a disgrace how the government agencies and ICBC misuse stats to feed their opinions.

You are very correct with your point about 1 km over the posted limit being speeding. Truthfully, it is not "Speeding" as the large contributing factor. It is "Speed" That is usually combined with other factors, most often road, weather and visibility conditions. Of course impairment and distracted driving are also combined with this. "Speed" can be a contributing factor even though the vehicle is doing under the speed limit.

So to jump on the band wagon and start hammering people for exceeding the speed limit because ICBC or a government ministry says too many collisions are being cause by speed in simply wrong. Traffic enforcement needs to be focused on what history has shown to be the real cause of collisions in a particular area and focus enforcement tactics on those factors. Most often, by my experience, it has been erratic driving, drive without due care and attention, or reasonable care and consideration, distracted driving, follow too close, and the absolute largest factor in a metro environment, running yellow lights.

I rode the bike to Cycle Gear in Bellingham yesterday. The assistant manager there, who knows I live in Metro Van, mentioned he had driven to Whistler with his wife a month ago, and had almost been taken out 3 times between North Van and Squamish. I apologized, and told him, IMO, that car/truck drivers in Vancouver area are the worst, by far, in the western world. He agreed. I told him other than commuting, I do most of my motorcycle pleasure riding in Washington state. He understood why.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    I rode the bike to Cycle Gear in Bellingham yesterday. The assistant manager there, who knows I live in Metro Van, mentioned he had driven to Whistler with his wife a month ago, and had almost been taken out 3 times between North Van and Squamish. I apologized, and told him, IMO, that car/truck drivers in Vancouver area are the worst, by far, in the western world. He agreed. I told him other than commuting, I do most of my motorcycle pleasure riding in Washington state. He understood why.

*** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    Honda
    You just had to go and poke the bear .....
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    You just had to go and poke the bear .....
    pffft

it's not like you didn't smile when you saw that

Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    anyways, it's time for the moment to pay respect to something much more important than laughs on the web

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    ummm

plastic straw. Global warming, multi home owning, polluting fucking hypocrite.

Bike
    multi home owning,
    see, now i know you're just jealous

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    plastic straw. Global warming, multi home owning, polluting fucking hypocrite.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    99% ticket is just rude sikorsky.
    i'm around 30% warning on about 10 dead to rights speeding interviews. That includes 2 excessives, so closer to 40% warning where officer discretion was an option..

Where is the rest of BCSB at?

it was hard to remember all of the roadside chats over the years. I wish icbc would show you lifetime achievement stats, but they only go back 5 years

Bike
    ummm
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,

Bike
    Honda
    99% ticket is just rude sikorsky.
    i'm around 30% warning on about 10 dead to rights speeding interviews. That includes 2 excessives, so closer to 40% warning where officer discretion was an option..

Where is the rest of BCSB at?

it was hard to remember all of the roadside chats over the years. I wish icbc would show you lifetime achievement stats, but they only go back 5 years
    That's 99% of the people I stop, not 99% of the infractions I see. If I stopped everyone breaking the law while driving, I would never make it more than 3 blocks from the Detachment! That's where the officer discretion comes in ....... you need to have raised a lot of concern in my eyes in order to get stopped.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    you need to have raised a lot of concern in my eyes in order to get stopped.
    having heard of Sikorsky's riding exploits I can say with confidence that this "level of concern" is rather high. high enough in fact that even steve should be able to limbo under that bar.

Bike
    having heard of Sikorsky's riding exploits I can say with confidence that this "level of concern" is rather high. high enough in fact that even steve should be able to limbo under that bar.
    ... i will not be taking up this challenge; but y'all should feel free, nay encouraged to take one for the team !!