Two-stroke rebuilder.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two-stroke rebuilder.

Bike
    Honda

Two-stroke rebuilder.

Anyone in the LMD that has experience in rebuilding mid-eighties 2 strokes? Multi-cylinder stuff, not singles.

I have located a few in the UK, but I would prefer to ship an engine overseas as a last resort.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    RC
    I think you better start hiring that boat.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    I used to get Mongoose to rebuild my cranks, heads, etc then I would just put them together. I am not just if they would do the whole rebuild though ? Whats the project ? TZ750
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Mongoose for machining for sure. I'm not sure who would specialize in that sort of thing but if it's a sizeable project and valuable bike, I'd ship the stuff to experts before
    trying a local source that maybe not as good.
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Go ask in the WMRC facebook groups. There are a number of guys that do just that. They are part of the vintage racing gang.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    1190 ktm gsx-r 1k
    What is it you are rebuilding ?
    I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

Bike
    Honda
    Thanks guys , I'll start knocking on doors.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array
    Whats the project ?
    run 3 free

Bike
    Honda
    Honda NS400R ......

Bike
    RC
    And how is the project doing?

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    And how is the project doing?
    Moving right along ....... got the bike up on the worktable and it's hard at work dust collecting ......

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Moving right along ....... got the bike up on the worktable and it's hard at work dust collecting ......
    Keeping a fleet running is a hassle.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Keeping a fleet running is a hassle.
    I've started ripping and tearing on the NS. Tank had fuel left in it for about 8 years so there is rust and varnish to take care of. Carbs to come off today, those will need a lot of work as well.

The VFR has been shipped off to the local Honda dealer. The mover was abysmal and ended up wrecking the paint on 4 body panels and both panniers. I'm in the process of arguing with them about repairs. They offered $2500 on $4000 damage ..... but admitting no liability. Turns out loading the bikes on the back of the trailer, putting a bunch of moving pads on top of them, then a tablesaw and bunch of other crap on top of the pads can wreck paint ....... who knew? It has been an ugly fight so far.

They also ended up chipping the paint on the hump of the seat on the CB350/4. That will be an easy paint match.

Best of the bunch is the R1 ....... all pretty, clean as a whistle and runs like a top.

Keeps me out of trouble ...... mostly.

If anyone knows of any NS400 parts, especially bodywork, let me know.
    Last edited by Sikorsky; 11-22-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Bike
    RC
    I've started ripping and tearing on the NS. Tank had fuel left in it for about 8 years so there is rust and varnish to take care of. Carbs to come off today, those will need a lot of work as well.

The VFR has been shipped off to the local Honda dealer. The mover was abysmal and ended up wrecking the paint on 4 body panels and both panniers. I'm in the process of arguing with them about repairs. They offered $2500 on $4000 damage ..... but admitting no liability. Turns out loading the bikes on the back of the trailer, putting a bunch of moving pads on top of them, then a tablesaw and bunch of other crap on top of the pads can wreck paint ....... who knew? It has been an ugly fight so far.

They also ended up chipping the paint on the hump of the seat on the CB350/4. That will be an easy paint match.

Best of the bunch is the R1 ....... all pretty, clean as a whistle and runs like a top.

Keeps me out of trouble ...... mostly.

Did you just try ordering through Honda? In theory they never discontinue anything. Partzilla probably won't be much help in this case.

The carbs on the 400 will for sure have you scratching your head when you need to put them back in. When they are bolted on though ;make sure you run it with no airbox. The case/reed induction sound is insane.

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport

Just did a random search for you. I love 2 smokers, can't wait to see the finished product. Too bad we don't have smell-o-vision via internet....

Here? http://www.classicracereplicas.com/Honda-NS400R/

Parts Fiche: https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-ns400r-1...904/partslist/

Random bits: https://www.davidsilverspares.com/NS400R/