3d printing..

Thread: 3d printing..

Bike

3d printing..

anyone do or have a hook up? wanting to make a new dash thinking printing it would be easiest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    wish i new somebody as well.. seen some stuff that looks really trick!
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    yeah.. its either that or milling out a big chunk.. i have trailtech vapour now but swapping to a SPA tach/temp and a a/f gauge..

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    there are lots of online printing services, and they're generally cheap. You just need to provide the file.

Bike
    well yeah.. i cant do rendering/cad stuff.

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by HighZoot View Post
    well yeah.. i cant do rendering/cad stuff.
    What are you willing to pay then for design work? Typically, that can be outsourced at about $120 to $150/hr. Printing fees are the cheap part. I have a couple 3D printers, but do not have time for design work.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDragon View Post
    What are you willing to pay then for design work? Typically, that can be outsourced at about $120 to $150/hr. Printing fees are the cheap part. I have a couple 3D printers, but do not have time for design work.
    thats pretty much what i figured.. there's this bit of kit a friend of ours was showing me,
    considering his time to design and perfect said 'tool' i can now understand his asking price..

its not the printing i'd be paying for

technically speaking, at 90 bucks a pop.. he's throwing in 'said' printing
    Last edited by bacchus40; 02-13-2019 at 10:46 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDragon View Post
    was hoping to get it all done for under 100.. or there abouts.. i'd assume it's pretty easy for someone who can do it.. but it's been a long time since ive used 3d shit.. in highschool.. so i could be wrong i dunno..

pretty much what i want.. basically a ring with a ledge in it to hold a sheet of carbon

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    If you can do a proper dimensioned drawing like that, then I encourage you to take a look at modern CAD software.
    I use Fusion360, you would start by making a sketch just like you've done, then just extruding it.
    Fusion360 is free for home use, and is incredibly powerful. Many many youtube videos to get you started. I particularly like Lars Christensen.
    I will PM you a link to download the STL file you need to get what you've drawn 3D printed. It's about 5 minutes of CAD time. I don't know where you are located to get it actually printed, there are maker spaces popping up in lots of places that might be able to print it, or as mentioned there are online sources.

Last edited by Squint; 02-16-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Bike
    nice, thanks man.. Yeah I've been wanting to learn fusion.. i even have it.. just can't get whats in my head into the computer.. need to sit down and spend time learning it..

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Some public libraries have 3D printers, FYI.

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    Some public libraries have 3D printers, FYI.
    Yes, Richmond had some last I was there. It's a slowly growing thing, gradually we will see them in schools and community centres. *
    There are various "maker" spaces around, in Vancouver there's the Vancouver Hack Space and Makerlabs, the latter certainly has the printers but you need to become a member to use them AFAIK. There are some professional services in Vancouver, not sure if they're more tuned for professional/commercial use.*
    Shapeways is the online one I've heard most about. That's where I'd start. https://www.shapeways.com/

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    Yes, Richmond had some last I was there. It's a slowly growing thing, gradually we will see them in schools and community centres. *
    There are various "maker" spaces around, in Vancouver there's the Vancouver Hack Space and Makerlabs, the latter certainly has the printers but you need to become a member to use them AFAIK. There are some professional services in Vancouver, not sure if they're more tuned for professional/commercial use.*
    Shapeways is the online one I've heard most about. That's where I'd start. https://www.shapeways.com/

They're already in schools in the interior. My kid's been 3d printing me stuff for a couple years now.

It's not commercial grade or 3D metal but he knows how to program and run them.
    Fill the house with bees.