Textile 2-Piece Suit Recommendations - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Textile 2-Piece Suit Recommendations

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Fuck I feel fat. I would be a 3XL in those size charts for IXS.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDragon View Post
    Fuck I feel fat. I would be a 3XL in those size charts for IXS.
    Ass............soup all over my 10min old white T Shirt............dammit
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    ummm
    There's no denying the prices are good on that site. I recognize IXS products, haven't seen them in Canada for years. I'd like to see them up close.

This is the current Motoport jacket on sale. I've seen the jacket, for this price, it's a no brainer: http://www.motoport.com/product/chal...x-plus-jacket/

Pure Kevlar, a serious step up, and the only non leather garment allowed by U.S. roadracing: http://www.motoport.com/product/ultr...tretch-jacket/

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Today i spent time at Pacific Motorsports, Ducati Richmond, Daytona in Surrey, Holeshot in Langely, and Open Road Langley. The end result of looking at everything under the sun, was that I ended up going with my first choice the Klim Latitude.
    Looking forward to not needing to bring my rain gear any more, better ventilation during the hot days, and much lighter weight than my leather gear. Although leather will still get worn on 'extra spirited' group days.

Name:  3927-000_Red_01_ml.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  37.6 KB
    Attachment 143948
    Last edited by the bartender; 03-17-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    Today i spent time at Pacific Motorsports, Ducati Richmond, Daytona in Surrey, Holeshot in Langely, and Open Road Langley. The end result of looking at everything under the sun, was that I ended up going with my first choice the Klim Latitude.
    Looking forward to not needing to bring my rain gear any more, better ventilation during the hot days, and much lighter weight than my leather gear. Although leather will still get worn on 'extra spirited' group days.

Attachment 143948
    Nice choice. May I ask why you decided on the Latitude versus something like the Apex? What other jackets did you consider and why did the Klim stand out for you?

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    Nice choice. May I ask why you decided on the Latitude versus something like the Apex? What other jackets did you consider and why did the Klim stand out for you?
    I really like the Apex, and it's possibly a 'better' jacket for me. However if you search online, you'll find lots of complaints against the collar being really uncomfortable. This was a deal breaker for me. I suspect there will be an updated version next year, and maybe i'll have one in my future. I never had a chance to try it on, but it was originally my first choice with Klim. Although I wish they had a more colourful option.

The Latitude was the best sporty 'touring' jacket that i looked at. Whatever i bought HAD to be Gore-tex, and that very quickly limited options. A lot of the other options were just a bit too long, and on the Tuono that would mean the jacket would always be riding up. I also appreciated that it comes with D3O armour, although just CE1 in North America. I also didn't want an all black jacket, and a lot of the Dainese and other options were all black.

Much like motorcycles, I think we're blessed with a lot of great options right now.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post

Attachment 143948

Great choice. Collar choice is as important as any of the other features a jacket has or does not have. Lack of comfort can actually be quite distracting, when you should be concentrating on the ride.

Bike
    Honda
    Sweet mother of pearl!!!!! For the jacket and pants that's $1600!!!!!!! Holy red cherry popsicles, that's a lot of cheddar!!!
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Sweet mother of pearl!!!!! For the jacket and pants that's $1600!!!!!!! Holy red cherry popsicles, that's a lot of cheddar!!!
    Pacific will cut you a but of a break when you buy both together. I've been disappointed with mid-tier products so many times, that at this point I either buy the cheap stuff, or the expensive stuff.
    Hopefully this 'investment' pays off.

Bike
    Honda
    Buy quality, buy once. Now that I think about it, I paid around the same for Aerostitch ....... twice.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Now I know why I never got any replies to my feedback on my cheap ass textile gear. I could get close to five sets for the price difference.**

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    My Dianese stuff wasn't much cheaper. If I'm sliding down the road I don't want to be thinking "if only I'd spent a few more dollars..." *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    If you ever slide down the road you will be rolling the dice entirely and I highly doubt you'll be calculating what you spent on gear/protection. *But good high quality gear is nice to have/wear. I just don't follow the 'it's gonna save your ass x dollars better' than a cheaper brand.

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    So now that i've had my Klim Latitude gear for awhile, it's time to do an update/review

the Pros
    -Great fit (very subjective)
    -Very comfortable for long days, on and off the bike. Lunch has never been more comfortable.
    -The right amount of pockets, and the external ones are waterproof.
    -A Hidden pocket to keep documents or cash safe, which would be great for traveling in less desirable locales.
    -Vents that i can easily open, close, or adjust while riding. Seriously this is amazing. Whether its the chest vents that flow huge amount of air, or the leg vents on the back of my legs, I can easily find and adjust how much air flow i get. Saturday I rode to Winthrop, and being able to quickly adjust temps as I rode through Rainy Pass and Washington pass made a huge difference to my comfort.
    -Jacket and Pant adjusters mean it doesn't flap in the wind, even on a naked bike like my Tuono.
    -Gore-tex guaranteed to keep you drive. Although I haven't really put this to test, there are lots of ADV Rider threads to back them up on this claim.

the Cons
    -The pants are fit very narrow in the hips, which although great for riding, but can be difficult for taking them on or off.
    -I wish the jacket cuffs expanded a bit more, they barely fit over my full gauntlet gloves.
    -The included crash protection is only CE1, where Europe gets CE2.
    -There are no pockets for chest protection.
    -The jacket to pant zipper is not a 360 zip, and it's placement makes zipping the two pieces together needlessly difficult.
    -The rise of the pants is a bit off for me, so i need to pull them up a bit when i get on my bike.

How do i feel about the gear purchase

I'm really happy with the decision, and feel it's lived up to my expectations. It definitely wasn't cheap, but when i was looking at what i spent for leather gear, plus rain gear, this wasn't that much more, and now i get to pack less.

Although I don't have the sense of security and safety of riding in full leather, I still feel safe and protected. Perhaps i'm actually safer without the false sense of safety.....

The increase in all day comfort is substantial for me, and I think this will definitely contribute to overall health and happiness on long rides.

I will still use my leather gear on rides that I suspect will be higher than normal in pace, or in roads that may be higher risk. But the Latitude is my default riding gear now.

If Klim does an updated version of the Apex, with a more modern fit and protection, that will likely also make it in to my wardrobe, and likely replace my all leather gear.