Gear suggestions for commuting to the office?

Thread: Gear suggestions for commuting to the office?

Registered User Array Porschenut's Avatar
    Bike
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R

Gear suggestions for commuting to the office?

Hi guys,

I'm looking for pant suggestions for a commute to the office. I used to commute in the rain with textiles and change clothes but I've switched offices and lost access to a locker room. I'm now a fair weather rider but I'd like to ride to work and avoid getting changed in a handicap bathroom stall. It would be nice to both ride and work in the same pants. I could also wear slim fit street boots and skip a footwear change as well.

1. Is there such a thing as Kevlar lined khakis? I have pretty awesome motorcycle jeans but that's too casual for my office environment.

2. Is there a some type of protective over pant that I can wear over khakis and not wrinkle them too much? My current textile pants fit a little too tight to easily wear over dress pants and would wrinkle the crap out of them by the time I arrived at work.

3. Any other suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ZX14
    I think the perception of safe is probably a bit far fetched with that type of gear.

That said, a pant that use to be popular, not sure if made any more, were the BMW City pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Aerostich roadcrafter one piece. Wear your proper office clothes, just slip this on over top. Goretex, armour, abrasion resistance, can also be used for touring. Not cheap but a wise investment.