Textile 2-Piece Suit Recommendations
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Textile 2-Piece Suit Recommendations

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX

Textile 2-Piece Suit Recommendations

I want to start researching an alternative to my Dainese 2-Piece leather suit. I'm hoping you guys can help me narrow down my options:

Fit - I want it fairly tight. I notice a lot of pants are baggy and that concerns me in a crash where the armor can move around
    Protection - Good armor
    Style - I want a short jacket, not the "below-the-waist" style you typically see
    Water Resistant - Do I want/need Goretex?
    Breathability - I want lots of it, as an option
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    I want to start researching an alternative to my Dainese 2-Piece leather suit. I'm hoping you guys can help me narrow down my options:

Fit - I want it fairly tight. I notice a lot of pants are baggy and that concerns me in a crash where the armor can move around
    Protection - Good armor
    Style - I want a short jacket, not the "below-the-waist" style you typically see
    Water Resistant - Do I want/need Goretex?
    Breathability - I want lots of it, as an option
    Pretty much your only option that will have the abrasion resistance that you require are the offerings by Motoport: http://www.motoport.com/. Not particularly aesthetically pleasing imho, and have had varied reviews about fit and crash worthiness: https://advrider.com/f/threads/crash...acket.1338395/ and here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/motop...70-mph.507934/. There are however some favorable anecdotal reports that the fabric is very abrasion resistance in a crash, and that the comprehensive armor system has saved many injuries. I have looked into the system and have been hesitant to jump in due to the price, the possible poor fit, the significant heat that could be generated by textiles in a slide, and the very challenging ability of selling said suit at a later date given my particular stature. For a price not far from that bracket, I would personally go for a full set of Vanson leathers and an airbag vest. BIFL suit, enhanced active safety and neck bracing, and easily transferable and modular.

I think a bunch of dudes here have Motoports, perhaps they can chime in.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I have an Olympia textile jacket that I have been very happy with. The fit is as you describe wanting, waist length. It came with a zip in waterproof layer that actually will fit over the jacket instead of zipping in. Which I find much more convenient if you do require waterproofness. I'll look on the tag for the model if you'd like and try to snap a photo or two. Here is one I have on hand. I paired it with agv pants which I think are discontinued and I have not been very happy with, the quality is lacking in comparison to the Olympia jacket for material and fit and finish.*

Attachment 143926*
    Attached Images

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Thanks guys. My initial round of research has me looking at some of the high end RevIt stuff
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    RC
    I'd start with Dainese and Spidi. Then look at Klim and Aether but those are more like the adventure rider style and last thing you want is to get mixed up with that crowd.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    Don't forget Rukka. I've also been looking at Held moto gear recently; there are some sales out there....

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    I've been looking for something similar. Klim Latitude is what i've been looking at. It does sit slightly below the waist, but it checks every other box for me (although I wish it had more color options).

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    I've been looking for something similar. Klim Latitude is what i've been looking at. It does sit slightly below the waist, but it checks every other box for me (although I wish it had more color options).
    Oh my, what next, adventure bikes? KLR's? Camping?!?!

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    I'm really happy with my Dianese stuff. Nice shoulder, lower arm and knee/lower leg armour, I had a hard time finding other textile pants with armour.*

I got the D-air stuff that has a removable waterproof lining. But it's a band-aid, not suitable for extended wet weather riding. Ventilation is great without having mesh in impact areas.

Bike
    ZX-10R
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    BIFL suit,
    What does this stand for?

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    Oh my, what next, adventure bikes? KLR's? Camping?!?!
    says the guy riding the KTM with big front wheel :P

same bike, new gear time. I enjoy doing big trips, so something that works better for that.

Registered User Array Porschenut's Avatar
    Bike
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R
    You should check out Rubber Side Down in Richmond. While I've never tried his textiles, I'm very happy with the custom leather jacket he made me 4 years ago. You can get tailor made stuff for the same price or less than brand name and it's definitely worth checking out the website. Just call ahead before dropping by since it's a 1 man show and he won't be there all day long.

https://www.rubbersidedown.ca/

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 41OVER! View Post
    What does this stand for?
    BIFL = Buy It For Life

Bike
    Honda
    Iíve had two sets of Aerostitch, the 2 piece suits. Fantastic kit. Completely waterproof, even on the north coast. Not flashy, not sporty ..... functional to the nth degree. Good enough to take multiple dumplings when off road with no damage to me or the gear. Never crash tested on road.

The work kit is mesh textile. Itís Canadian made but I donít know the manufacturer, I can check when I get back. Itís good quality, comfortable and only crash tested during yearly requals at low speeds ..... worked fine.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Iíve had two sets of Aerostitch, the 2 piece suits. Fantastic kit. Completely waterproof, even on the north coast. Not flashy, not sporty ..... functional to the nth degree. Good enough to take multiple dumplings when off road with no damage to me or the gear. Never crash tested on road.

The work kit is mesh textile. Itís Canadian made but I donít know the manufacturer, I can check when I get back. Itís good quality, comfortable and only crash tested during yearly requals at low speeds ..... worked fine.
    Layin' er down to save er huh?
    Fill the house with bees.