Shopping for a new ride.. - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a new ride..

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    RSV4 is an amazing machine but on the heavier side of things and even worse, ZERO shops on the Island will service it. A buddy just looked to purchase a used one so called around the local south Island shops as it's due for a valve adjustment and not only will they not do that, they won't touch it for anything - even a damn rubber swap would have to be done with wheels only - he can't ride the bike in and get the swapped. Unbelievable.

If you're okay taking it to Vancouver then that's not an issue (assuming you're still based in Courtenay) however parts and servicing would factor heavily into my decision.

I think the new S1000RR is gonna be an absolute weapon but if I couldn't wait - then for me I'd buy the GSXR. I actually picked one up in the Fall, just had a full Yosh put on, some V2.0 Vortex rearsets, and had it down to see Nels at 2WheelDynoWorks for a reflash and tune. HEALTHY numbers to say the least so I'm looking forward to Spring to get a chance to put some km's on it and see how the chassis is.
    do you know who was selling? i know a guy in vic that has his for sale.. but I would'a though he would have done the valves before selling if they needed to be done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    Quote Originally Posted by Badexample View Post
    Young, awesome info there! Thinking about buying the non-R version as well! I could care less about the BFF forks, rear shock. I can get better results with simple revalve/resprung. Nels at 2WheelDynoWorks ? Cool! Thinking about trying the Rapidbike EVO.. to unleash the beast. I liked the PCV/autotune option in the past wih a reflash. That was perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRYJWA9Cn0w
    With regard to the youtube video of Eric on the Gix - thats with a couple mods more than I have and Eric (EDR) always tunes for race power delivery so very peaky and high strung, great if you're a top 3 Club racer but less than ideal for 99.9% of the general population IMO. I asked Nels to give me smooth, safe, and to increase engine braking a tad - much preferred over going for the Chest Thumping dyno numbers that EDR's shop might produce.

If you get one (or any bike really) and haven't met Nels or been to his shop, I can't recommend them enough. He's been a friend and tuner for the past 10 years and is the BEST in the business and is somewhat local in North Seattle area. He's torn down his personal streetbike motor to get me back out on track on race day, helped numerous other pals out, and knows more about tuning bikes than anyone else I've seen or heard of. Forgetting all that, he's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and most genuine.

As for the V4 Ape - NOTHING sounds as good as that motor flowing through a quality exhaust IMO and if I wasn't such a practical (aka cheap as fuck) person I'd have gone for one of those cheap leftovers as well but as mentioned, ZERO Island support, insane wait times on parts/warranty issues, and my one minor test ride left me not feeling the Euro love.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    Quote Originally Posted by HighZoot View Post
    do you know who was selling? i know a guy in vic that has his for sale.. but I would'a though he would have done the valves before selling if they needed to be done.
    Yes, I do...

White one. Same color as the one you know of?

C.C.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    if I wasn't such a practical (aka cheap as fuck)
    i hear that

thanks for the thoughts on the big gixxer.. i was hoping you'd post up and spill the beans a little.. i'm diggin' the new ZOOK!
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array Badexample's Avatar
    Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    With regard to the youtube video of Eric on the Gix - thats with a couple mods more than I have and Eric (EDR) always tunes for race power delivery so very peaky and high strung, great if you're a top 3 Club racer but less than ideal for 99.9% of the general population IMO. I asked Nels to give me smooth, safe, and to increase engine braking a tad - much preferred over going for the Chest Thumping dyno numbers that EDR's shop might produce.

If you get one (or any bike really) and haven't met Nels or been to his shop, I can't recommend them enough. He's been a friend and tuner for the past 10 years and is the BEST in the business and is somewhat local in North Seattle area. He's torn down his personal streetbike motor to get me back out on track on race day, helped numerous other pals out, and knows more about tuning bikes than anyone else I've seen or heard of. Forgetting all that, he's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and most genuine.

As for the V4 Ape - NOTHING sounds as good as that motor flowing through a quality exhaust IMO and if I wasn't such a practical (aka cheap as fuck) person I'd have gone for one of those cheap leftovers as well but as mentioned, ZERO Island support, insane wait times on parts/warranty issues, and my one minor test ride left me not feeling the Euro love.
    My first stop would be Nels..to uncorked the damn thing! I live on Jurassic Park Island! Don't want to wait 4 weeks for parts too!!! Now I need to find a suspension guru? Island or not!
    Last edited by Badexample; 02-27-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    My first stop would be Nels..to uncorked the damn thing! I live on Jurassic Park Island! Don't want to wait 4 weeks for parts too!!! Now I need to find a suspension guru? Island or not!
    If you go see Nels, then Barry at KFG is only 15 minutes away, boingers and ECU all set in one trip.

C.C.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    If you go see Nels, then Barry at KFG is only 15 minutes away, boingers and ECU all set in one trip.
    Bad ass bros!!! Boingers!! LOL

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    I've had KFG do 2 of my bikes and Nel's do two of my bikes. Highly recommend both.

And BTW...........most japanese bikes are Meh looking........mine included. The older you get the less you care about curb appeal
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    Yes, I do...

White one. Same color as the one you know of?
    his is black. popular sell item in victoria apparently.

Bike
    2010 Versys
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post

And BTW...........most japanese bikes are Meh looking........mine included. The older you get the less you care about curb appeal
    Speaking about the older you get...

My Penticton friend Old Gixxer got his lastest non-current GSXR 1000 when a dealer called him last year and like the God Father. 'Made him an offer he couldn't refuse'
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Boingers!! LOL
    i got a good laugh out of that one as well
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    Speaking about the older you get...

My Penticton friend Old Gixxer got his lastest non-current GSXR 1000 when a dealer called him last year and like the God Father. 'Made him an offer he couldn't refuse'
    Very true. Seems like long long ago with winter dragging on. Managed to get a couple thousand klicks + on it before the season ended. Got my motobars rack for it the other day so I can do some touring. Going to hunt for new twisties.

https://unsee.cc/adadda83/

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    I contacted Pierobonframes because I was curious about pricing for frame (not shown on website) for the Ducati 1299.. https://www.pierobonframes.com/

Proper sexy!!!!!

Ciao Frederic,

in attached you find the price list.

Here you find some technical informations.

The parts streeclty necessary to mount the trellis frame are:

Frame

Headstock inserts

Front frame holder

Rear subframe, available for standard or increased fuel tank

Fuel tank holder

Screws for fuel tank

Airbox

Airduct

Footpegs

Left elctronic holder

Right elctronic holder

A second step is modify your fuel tank, increasing the capacity of 2L.

A third step is add the winglets to your bodywork.

The basic kit has similar geometries of the original bike. We have only change a little bit the rake angle and so the trail, but the weight distribution not change.

Our target is give back the typical sensations of trellis frame and we want that the bike communicated the front wheel limit , so we worked on the torsional and the lateral stiffness of the frame, to give to the rider more confidence on the front side.

After, if you want ,with upgrades, you can radical change the geometry and weight distribution of bike, for example with longer swingarm, steering bushes and fuel tank upgrade.

In case, we can also modify the orginal swingarm, increasing of 30 mm:

https://www.pierobonframes.com/en/product/swingarm-30/

Here you can find other info and pictures of the kit:

https://www.pierobonframes.com/en/bi...robon-x85r-en/

If you need other informations, we are here.

Best regards

Last edited by Badexample; 03-02-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    Tommy Bridewell from the BSB Series came over and raced one of the X85R's at Barber last year and did reasonably well on it.

Sexy machine for those where dollars don't matter. Personally I'd go the Kramer route once they release the 790 twin version later this year.

C.C.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    i hear that

thanks for the thoughts on the big gixxer.. i was hoping you'd post up and spill the beans a little.. i'm diggin' the new ZOOK!
    bacchus! What are you riding nowdays???