Shopping for a new ride.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a new ride..

Registered User Array Badexample's Avatar
    Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    Tommy Bridewell from the BSB Series came over and raced one of the X85R's at Barber last year and did reasonably well on it.

Sexy machine for those where dollars don't matter. Personally I'd go the Kramer route once they release the 790 twin version later this year.
    Sexy machine for sure! I would like to see what is the difference between the monocoque chassis and the Pierobon setup??? I do like the new tech on the new bikes but they're all lacking sex appeal.

Last edited by Badexample; 03-03-2019 at 06:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Badexample View Post
    bacchus! What are you riding nowdays???
    still got the 09 R1 (gettin' cams, headwork etc), but i've got a '14 Yamaha Raider (chopper) as a 2nd bike. Big fat V-twin, low-rider..
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    still got the 09 R1 (gettin' cams, headwork etc), but i've got a '14 Yamaha Raider (chopper) as a 2nd bike. Big fat V-twin, low-rider..
    Was sure you had a 2015+ R1 R1M in your stable? WTF?

Bike
    Was sure you had a 2015+ R1 R1M in your stable? WTF?
    nah, i've thought about it once or twice but the whole gearbox & crankshaft shit-show kicked me off that bandwagon..

there's 2016 STD R1 models that are still sitting in dealership floors, there's several reasons for this. I would not touch
    a '15/'16 R1M with a ten foot pole. Yamaha even killed the R1S for 2019, it backfired on them. Became a costly option.

IMHO they're asking way too much for them up here. not worth the hassle, fvck 'em

next to no real updates since 2015 and yet the thing goes up $1k in MSRP every year? WTF, you gotta be shitting me.. Yamaha lost the plot.

hence why i decided to do some work on the R1, should be good for 180rwhp..
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-04-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    nah, i've thought about it once or twice but the whole gearbox & crankshaft shit-show kicked me off that bandwagon..

there's 2016 STD R1 models that are still sitting in dealership floors, there's several reasons for this. I would not touch
    a '15/'16 R1M with a ten foot pole. Yamaha even killed the R1S for 2019, it backfired on them. Became a costly option.

IMHO they're asking way too much for them up here. not worth the hassle, fvck 'em

next to no real updates since 2015 and yet the thing goes up $1k in MSRP every year? WTF, you gotta be shitting me.. Yamaha lost the plot.

hence why i decided to do some work on the R1, should be good for 180rwhp..
    Is there any ways to fix the crankshaft issues with the 15-16? The whole drama was started by EDR. Man, I found a great deal on a 15 R1 with no millage on it in AB. Bacchus , you are a buzz killer.

FML! I just started reading a few threads on the R1 forum LOL!!!! You were right!!
    Last edited by Badexample; 03-04-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Bike

FML! I just started reading a few threads on the R1 forum LOL!!!! You were right!!
    I think i've had it right up to here with people online blaming EDR for broken crankshafts.. they've clearly stated a couple of the
    R1s which had that happen were stockers, one of 'em only had headwork / ama cams.. They've also gone as far as saying the
    bottom ends were ALL stockers.. AND then there is the little details that ALL OF THEM broke in the EXACT SAME SPOT!!
    There are conspiracy theories among conspiracy theories but how the fvck can anybody blame EDR over stock engines blowing up?

it wasnt just EDR either, as you can see on the forum there are threads after threads of busted crankshaft bearings and of
    course the end result is the same, engine goes boom! The most common seems to be a spun #1 PISTON crank bearing.

i believe these pics were of one that had seen some track miles as i know the owner. BUT

I've done the rounds and spoken at length with some of the boys, they all say the exact same thing... they were cruising
    at a mild clip on the freeway and then, NOTHING.. YIKES!! i'm not about to blow 20 grand (new std R1 pricing is 21G plus tax) on those odds.

I dont think YAMAHA built a 200HP engine, i think they built a 190HP engine and proceeded to squeeze the most they could out of it.

the crankshaft has holes drilled through it to provide oil, lubrication and it was lightened.. the gearbox parts were also lightened and of course
    we all know the entire 2015 R1 lot had to go through a recall.. The end result? the 2016 R1 makes a little less hp than its 'predecessor'
    as they likely had to beef up some parts in the process.

There are NO new part numbers for the major parts of the engine, namely those that are blowing up.. Little bits and pieces
    here and there were granted new #s but i think its just as a manner of keeping things tight a little longer. No way are they nearly
    as reliable as my own 2009 R1
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-04-2019 at 08:09 PM.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    I think i've had it right up to here with people online blaming EDR for broken crankshafts.. they've clearly stated a couple of the
    R1s which had that happen were stockers, one of 'em only had headwork / ama cams.. They've also gone as far as saying the
    bottom ends were ALL stockers.. AND then there is the little details that ALL OF THEM broke in the EXACT SAME SPOT!!
    There are conspiracy theories among conspiracy theories but how the fvck can anybody blame EDR over stock engines blowing up?

it wasnt just EDR either, as you can see on the forum there are threads after threads of busted crankshaft bearings and of
    course the end result is the same, engine goes boom! The most common seems to be a spun #1 PISTON crank bearing.

i believe these pics were of one that had seen some track miles as i know the owner. BUT

I've done the rounds and spoken at length with some of the boys, they all say the exact same thing... they were cruising
    at a mild clip on the freeway and then, NOTHING.. YIKES!! i'm not about to blow 20 grand (new std R1 pricing is 21G plus tax) on those odds.

I dont think YAMAHA built a 200HP engine, i think they built a 190HP engine and proceeded to squeeze the most they could out of it.

the crankshaft has holes drilled through it to provide oil, lubrication and it was lightened.. the gearbox parts were also lightened and of course
    we all know the entire 2015 R1 lot had to go through a recall.. The end result? the 2016 R1 makes a little less hp than its 'predecessor'
    as they likely had to beef up some parts in the process.

There are NO new part numbers for the major parts of the engine, namely those that are blowing up.. Little bits and pieces
    here and there were granted new #s but i think its just as a manner of keeping things tight a little longer. No way are they nearly
    as reliable as my own 2009 R1
    WOW! So surprise to see "Yamaha and unreliable" in the same sentence... The prices keep going up too $25000 before taxes+ for the R1M nowdays LOL. I'll stay away from them like Syphilis. The new GSX-R and the Aprilia are plan B then!

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Wondering if the same issue killed Williams Dunlop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7I7UpkpC9A

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Last edited by Badexample; 03-05-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    Agreed, I think it'll be the best bike not named V4R this year.

Base model is $22,500 OTD but if it's like years past, no dealers will bring in base models, just mid-level bikes and M-spec units which add another $3000-$7000 on top.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    Honda
    Watch for multiple appearances on S2S flat decks and impound lots this summer! **
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    Agreed, I think it'll be the best bike not named V4R this year.

Base model is $22,500 OTD but if it's like years past, no dealers will bring in base models, just mid-level bikes and M-spec units which add another $3000-$7000 on top.
    You know........I have the financial means to just go and buy one at my age (my body may protest........alot!), but I just can't make it work in my head. I bet a third of those active here have either owned a '05 GSX-R1000 or ridden one enough to know, and despite the tendency for time to make things much better than they were, I swear that bike has more guts than anyone every needs (street).

Racking my memory. Can't recall..............guessing $12K plus all the shit. I think the 750 was like $10,500. I guess if you do a future cost calculation @ 4%, that $12K becomes $20,780, so I guess that is fair. Still seems cheaper back then though

Ramble
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    you're not alone in your opinion of the BMW, but get in line. I was told at the show by a person who would know that they had TWO DOZEN deposits in hand at that point, Friday, first day of the show, way back in January. and almost all of them were the M model. and half of those were from people who had M class BMW cars, and were 'complementing' the car with the bike... who says branding doesn't work!
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    WOW! So surprise to see "Yamaha and unreliable" in the same sentence... The prices keep going up too $25000 before taxes+ for the R1M nowdays LOL. I'll stay away from them like Syphilis. The new GSX-R and the Aprilia are plan B then!
    I know, its totally absurd.. there are folks who have bought the early models and for the most part they keep braggin
    about how great the stupid thing is.. That is, great if it hasnt blown up YET!

i dont geddit, and yes you are correct 25k plus tax for an R1M!!!! i'm guessing the 3-4k increase in price will pay
    for the shortfall resulting from having to replace every fvcking gearbox in the planet

you see how fvcking clean those pistons are? thats because the stupid thing only had 2800 miles on its odo

Wondering if the same issue killed Williams Dunlop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7I7UpkpC9A
    OMGawd!!!! i hadnt even seen that video..

shit-tonne of smoke and BOOM.. yep, chances are related to the crank

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post

Racking my memory. Can't recall..............guessing $12K plus all the shit. I think the 750 was like $10,500. I guess if you do a future cost calculation @ 4%, that $12K becomes $20,780, so I guess that is fair. Still seems cheaper back then though

Ramble
    i completely agree.. i paid 9k plus tax for my 09 R1, sure i picked up a left over down WA state.

But i've also heard of others getting deals up here around the same time, like 12.5k tops

in just a few years every damn bike out there is going for over $20k ..

for the 1st couple of years we all kinda blew our loads seeing all this gadgetry and big time horsepower and we 'thought it was worth it'.

then of course you realize a couple years later prices keep going up and all you get is BNG, same as before..

no thanks, a left over ZOOK goes for 14k, a 3-4 year old R1 still on the floor goes for 16k plus plus plus... FVCK OFF. no really, FVCK OFF..

clearly its possible to still manufacture this technology and then some, for less
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-05-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    you're not alone in your opinion of the BMW, but get in line. I was told at the show by a person who would know that they had TWO DOZEN deposits in hand at that point, Friday, first day of the show, way back in January. and almost all of them were the M model. and half of those were from people who had M class BMW cars, and were 'complementing' the car with the bike... who says branding doesn't work!
    I was there on Saturday early in the morning, they had over 66 pre-orders in Canada alone, more than the whole USA together and half of them were from the West Coast.