Shopping for a new ride.. - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a new ride..

Registered User Array Badexample's Avatar
    Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    Agreed, I think it'll be the best bike not named V4R this year.

Base model is $22,500 OTD but if it's like years past, no dealers will bring in base models, just mid-level bikes and M-spec units which add another $3000-$7000 on top.

Totally worth the price, maybe.. bikes are getting expensive AF! Love the BMW shiftcam, torque numbers are utterly amazing,(100 Nm of torque from 5 500 to 14 500 rpm), the 6.5 inch TFT screen, 207 HP with a Euro 4 exhaust can! (Germans usually don't lie with their numbers!) Wheelie control is "separated" from the TC package. Base price +race package is around $22 000 before taxes. The bike is a total homerun. I just wish we have more color options.
    Last edited by Badexample; 03-05-2019 at 08:06 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    Quote Originally Posted by Badexample View Post
    Totally worth the price. Love the BMW shiftcam, torque numbers are utterly amazing,(100 Nm of torque from 5 500 to 14 500 rpm), the 6.5 inch TFT screen, 207 HP with a Euro 4 exhaust can! (Germans usually don't lie with their numbers!) Wheelie control is "separated" from the TC package. Base price +race package is around $22 000 before taxes. The bike is a total homerun. I just wish we have more color options.
    $28,000 after taxes and financing costs - no chance in hell a street bike is worth that when compared to things like what Bachus and CDG posted.

207 hp won't be RWHP, that'll likely come out at roughly 185 stock and that torque figure is also claimed at crank so bet on it being exactly right where the current class leader is for midrange - the G1K which has 70+ ft lbs from 6,000-13,500pm. The Beemer lost a LOT of weight this year though, it went from 4kg heavier than the G1K to 5kg lighter.

I have the new G1K in my garage and for Island riding, my last bike would be faster on the roads I ride. Yes it had the suspension sorted out but regardless, when a 39hp KTM RC390 leads groups of 7-8 experienced riders all on literbikes - that tells you just how little of the bikes potential we all use. I'll be slower on the Zook and have less margin for error I bet.

Interior BC roads where it's much more about faster sweepers sure it's a different ballgame but for us on the Island at least if I had to race for pink slips on 95% of our roads I'd pick an older grey market VFR400RR, new Ninja 400, or something similar - heavy bikes with boat loads of power are insane overkill but in our day and age, there's no such thing as "too much" anything, hence me owning a liter bike like a putz. LOL...
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    I know, its totally absurd.. there are folks who have bought the early models and for the most part they keep braggin
    about how great the stupid thing is.. That is, great if it hasnt blown up YET!

i dont geddit, and yes you are correct 25k plus tax for an R1M!!!! i'm guessing the 3-4k increase in price will pay
    for the shortfall resulting from having to replace every fvcking gearbox in the planet

you see how fvcking clean those pistons are? thats because the stupid thing only had 2800 miles on its odo
    Islamic engines? They blow themselves up!

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    $28,000 after taxes and financing costs - no chance in hell a street bike is worth that when compared to things like what Bachus and CDG posted.

207 hp won't be RWHP, that'll likely come out at roughly 185 stock and that torque figure is also claimed at crank so bet on it being exactly right where the current class leader is for midrange - the G1K which has 70+ ft lbs from 6,000-13,500pm. The Beemer lost a LOT of weight this year though, it went from 4kg heavier than the G1K to 5kg lighter.

I have the new G1K in my garage and for Island riding, my last bike would be faster on the roads I ride. Yes it had the suspension sorted out but regardless, when a 39hp KTM RC390 leads groups of 7-8 experienced riders all on literbikes - that tells you just how little of the bikes potential we all use. I'll be slower on the Zook and have less margin for error I bet.

Interior BC roads where it's much more about faster sweepers sure it's a different ballgame but for us on the Island at least if I had to race for pink slips on 95% of our roads I'd pick an older grey market VFR400RR, new Ninja 400, or something similar - heavy bikes with boat loads of power are insane overkill but in our day and age, there's no such thing as "too much" anything, hence me owning a liter bike like a putz. LOL...
    ahahahahahahah I know! Just ride it like a little Princess??! Prices are friggin ridiculous! I think I am going to buy a brand new dirt bike and go hide myself in the woods trying to find the Sasquatch for a while! My mental budget limit for a sportbike is $20 000. still too much!

Last edited by Badexample; 03-05-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    So this is out? **https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ationFlag=true

A friend of a friend put a order in on the new BMW this year at the bike show. I can hardly wait to check it out when he gets it. But man that's a lot of clams!*

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    So this is out? **https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...ationFlag=true

A friend of a friend put a order in on the new BMW this year at the bike show. I can hardly wait to check it out when he gets it. But man that's a lot of clams!*
    WOW!! Wonder if the 5 recalls were done on it?. The bike in person is stunning.

Last edited by Badexample; 03-05-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    You mean a big chunk of that 3500km is probably to and from the dealer? And Starbucks?

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    You mean a big chunk of that 3500km is probably to and from the dealer? And Starbucks?
    hahaahahaahah!

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    please delete.. double post
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-05-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    I was there on Saturday early in the morning, they had over 66 pre-orders in Canada alone, more than the whole USA together and half of them were from the West Coast.
    no surprise.. west coast is the most

by the way, i'll let you figure out the whole dirt bike thing on your own time.. i had the same silly idea, still dont have one

Islamic engines? They blow themselves up!
    yep, you're going to hell
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-05-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    yep, you're going to hell
    oh yeah! VIP.

That GYTR R1 dressed in Black is sexy as hell!

Bike
    oh hell yeah.. sexy as FVCK! i do like the fuckers, i just dont see $25k worth of love.. got a house to pay off

seen this one?

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    oh hell yeah.. sexy as FVCK! i do like the fuckers, i just dont see $25k worth of love.. got a house to pay off
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxWp92K-SI&t=8s

Bike
    you're not helping