Shopping for a new ride.. - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a new ride..

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Take a ZX14R for a spin if you want to experience insane midrange torque. I dare you to go WOT in 2nd gear
    I recall mine, it ended up in the hands of a member here. Mind blowing ..... that’s what that bike was. Smoothness, never ending torque. It reminded me of the 600HP electric motors we had in the pulp mill. * *
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Having had owned a busa, there is truth in "no replacement for displacement". The torque and smoothness were incredible.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    i love the fact he insisted on pump gas for said result... classic
    There's always one jackass that tries to argue against it, provides one example (usually a bike larger than 1 liter), and running on VP113.

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    Insured my G1K today and took a ride out to Jordan River - casual 150km round trip to shake off the cobwebs and see how the roads look.

I can't speak for the new S1000RR of course but here's what I can say about the lowly 83ft lbs and 184hp Jizza:

-It's the first bike I've ever TRIED to thrash a little and was told "Um, NO!"

Honestly it's 3 bikes in 1:

4000-7000rpm - no drama just twist and go, very docile and easy to ride. Peppy but not overkill.
    7000-9000rpm - you reeeeally better have your game face on and be paying attention cause shit happens quick, especially from 7500rpm upwards!
    9000-14000rpm - basically unrideable on the street. Totally out of the realm of my capabilities to ride it at that power output.

Jesus mary and joseph...
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Registered User Array Badexample's Avatar
    Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    Insured my G1K today and took a ride out to Jordan River - casual 150km round trip to shake off the cobwebs and see how the roads look.

I can't speak for the new S1000RR of course but here's what I can say about the lowly 83ft lbs and 184hp Jizza:

4000-7000rpm - no drama just twist and go, very docile and easy to ride. Peppy but not overkill.
    7000-9000rpm - you reeeeally better have your game face on and be paying attention cause shit happens quick, especially from 7500rpm upwards!
    9000-14000rpm - basically unrideable on the street. Totally out of the realm of my capabilities to ride it at that power output.

Jesus mary and joseph...
    Amen!!!

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    There's always one jackass that tries to argue against it, provides one example (usually a bike larger than 1 liter), and running on VP113.

Honestly it's 3 bikes in 1
    i'm having a hard time picturing how this is possible.. careful with that dismount while jumpin' over to the other two 'bikes'..
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-17-2019 at 12:28 AM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Jesus mary and joseph...
    That's saying a lot coming from a very experienced track rider.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    That's saying a lot coming from a very experienced track rider.
    It's just my thoughts of course - Your results may vary. Also you've always been a large displacement guy, I've always been a mid-low CC rider so my adjustment phase will be much more noticeable than yours would be I bet.

Clearly I can drone down the highway at 13,000rpm without drama, just a LOT of noise, but when trying to make time it's actually a detriment for me to have that much thrust on tap - you can't steer as the front wheel is off the ground everywhere and every little input is magnified so safety margins are tiny.

To make use of it you'd have to be at a track like The Ridge or Pacific - even better Portland but as it is this bike still has noticeably more power than my SS built '05 G1K race bike from a few years ago (81ft lbs and 170hp on Avgas).

Once temp's warm up, I get a little more confidence, and the bike is familiar to me I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it but for now 4000-8000rpm is the sweet spot.

C.C.

Bike
    CBR600RR

Jesus mary and joseph...
    Sounds pretty awesome!!!!
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

Bike
    It's just my thoughts of course - Your results may vary. Also you've always been a large displacement guy, I've always been a mid-low CC rider so my adjustment phase will be much more noticeable than yours would be I bet.
    this i can see.. at some point it comes down to what you're used to of course.

but yeah, front wheel off the ground.. i bet counter-steering doesnt do shit at that point

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Sexy pair of R1 MIAM!

Last edited by Badexample; 04-09-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Bike

see, there is just something about Yamaha's that ticks all the boxes.. damn sexy

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post

see, there is just something about Yamaha's that ticks all the boxes.. damn sexy
    Dude, alu tank, mag wheels, everything wrapped in CF. SEXY AF! Comes with a lovely sound.

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    BMW launched their american specs and packages for the new S1000RR today - 25lbs lighter and 5hp more - plus all the other crap - damn it's impressive.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...del-s-1000-rr/

C.C.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Badexample View Post
    Dude, alu tank, mag wheels, everything wrapped in CF. SEXY AF! Comes with a lovely sound.
    that sound is responsible for making addicts out of otherwise 'mere mortals'.

BMW launched their american specs and packages for the new S1000RR today - 25lbs lighter and 5hp more - plus all the other crap - damn it's impressive.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...del-s-1000-rr/
    wow, that is really impressive for them to release this as clearly they've already filled plenty of orders for the 2019..

gives those who are still on the fence, something to look forward to