Shopping for a new ride.. - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a new ride..

Bike
    Ninja1k
    MerriamWebster and I both disagree.

I could care less about the wings. Adding new things does not age anything. The original triple cowling and forked tail design is what has aged well. Still look plenty modern and stylish to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    i think you may be missing the point.. i'm not saying its not a beautiful bike. it was a beautiful bike in 2009 when it 1st came out.

the issue i'm seeing is, IF they have now released an 1100 version of the same bike design, does this mean we are stuck with

the exact same bike for another 5 years? that would make it 15 years with nothing more than slightly improved headlights..

going by the Tuono, i'd say tha's a fair assessment, regardless of how well it ages or not
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array Badexample's Avatar
    Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Bacchus40 is right.. LOL The "bike hit the wall" but I would still buy one lol. Big bulky twin spare frame, Non LED headlights... The Superpole scheme is bah ....... and it is pretty heavy on the scale.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Badexample View Post
    and it is pretty heavy on the scale.
    Sooo heavy. I mean its a whole 2 Kg heavier than the uber lightweight Panigale V4S

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    Sooo heavy. I mean its a whole 2 Kg heavier than the uber lightweight Panigale V4S
    The new V4S Wet is 436.. The 18 RF Aprilia Wet is around 450 Wet. I don't know about the new 1100.. I think it is 5K less?? Don't get me wrong, I would still buy an APE but do think that thew new Ducati V4 would be more exhilarating to ride.

Bike
    Big bulky twin spare frame, Non LED headlights... The Superpole scheme is bah ........
    yeah i'm getting a little tired of the whole sales pitch for that frame.. dont quote me but AFAIK it was a frame that was meant to make it
    onto MOTOGP, it was born out of moto2 but ended up in WSBK instead.. thats a whole lot of, almost there but not quite champion.

and they keep bragging about it, year after year!!

that being said.. i just got RIDE3 on the PS4. the 1st sport-bike i bought is the 2015 APE RSV4 RF..

not kidding. lovely bike!!
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-24-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    The new V4S Wet is 436.. The 18 RF Aprilia Wet is around 450 Wet. I don't know about the new 1100.. I think it is 5K less?? Don't get me wrong, I would still buy an APE but do think that thew new Ducati V4 would be more exhilarating to ride.
    This I'll never understand. Either of these bikes taken above 2/3 of their rpm limits are going to be INSANELY exhilarating as in just you try to hold on for dear life if doing anything other than being a straight line hero.

I think you might be exchanging exhilaration for instability and twitchiness - in my experience, neither of which are good when trying to get a hustle on.

I've yet to hear anything about the 1100 Ape's chassis other than the fact that it's hands down the best money can buy and now that it's gone on a diet and has been brought into line with the other liter bikes weight wise the thing should just plain rip.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    This I'll never understand. Either of these bikes taken above 2/3 of their rpm limits are going to be INSANELY exhilarating as in just you try to hold on for dear life if doing anything other than being a straight line hero.

I think you might be exchanging exhilaration for instability and twitchiness - in my experience, neither of which are good when trying to get a hustle on.

I've yet to hear anything about the 1100 Ape's chassis other than the fact that it's hands down the best money can buy and now that it's gone on a diet and has been brought into line with the other liter bikes weight wise the thing should just plain rip.
    See I would gladly exchange a linear easy to ride powerband to a more 2 stroke alike powerband! The 04-05 ZX-10r was great for this.. it is all about how a bike makes you feel..

Last edited by Badexample; 04-24-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Bike

oh this i know, its just funny they keep milking the original sales pitch 10 years later.

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    oh this i know, its just funny they keep milking the original sales pitch 10 years later.
    As a Yamaha fanboy you'll appreciate the comparison to the R6 which was IDENTICAL* for all intents and purposes from 2006-2017.

Now, what were you saying about Aprilia?????????

* yes I know they made a little more jam from '08 onwards.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    As a Yamaha fanboy you'll appreciate the comparison to the R6 which was IDENTICAL* for all intents and purposes from 2006-2017.

Now, what were you saying about Aprilia?????????
    uhmm.. i used to own a 2005 R6, sold it to get my R1 eventually..

i dont like the term Fanboy really, i grew up riding / competing on a Yamaha. I like what i like.

my thoughts surrounding the 'NEW' R6 are pretty much bang on with Aprilia's efforts.. complete and utter disappointment
    Anybody asks me if they should buy a 'modern' R6 i laugh my arse off and can barely get a sentence out..

you're correct, same shit different colors for a decade. i always say it would be cheaper to build a time machine.

at least then you could park it next to your R6 and say, hey i own a time machine

with all the bells & whistles tossed onto the new body style / electronics, i have a hard time with folks claiming its 'still a very capable' machine.

it was very capable back in 2006..
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-26-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Bike
    2011 Zx-10r

Bike
    Honda
    See I would gladly exchange a linear easy to ride powerband to a more 2 stroke alike powerband! The 04-05 ZX-10r was great for this.. it is all about how a bike makes you feel..

I had an 05 ZX10R. It was the only bike that made me truly fearful. Nervous, twitchy handling and the ability to wheelie on throttle alone after a small bump in the road ....... in 6th gear ........ at 220 km/hr ........

After that incident, I decided that between the wheel lofting and and touching down I was in the deep end of the pool and I didn’t like it. I knew that at some point I’d be chasing buddies and end up lighting up that rear wheel at somewhere north of Mach 9 and end up in a world of hurt. The bike was traded in on an 1150GS Adventure within 2 weeks. * *

I’d still like to see another one in the garage though ...... it would be like having a pet wolf. Cool until it’s not.*
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    fack me timbers.. 206 REAR WHEEL HP! jesus is right!

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    I had an 05 ZX10R. It was the only bike that made me truly fearful. Nervous, twitchy handling and the ability to wheelie on throttle alone after a small bump in the road ....... in 6th gear ........ at 220 km/hr ........
    I rode one long enough to appreciate the same thing. At the time I decided on an '05 GSXR1000 as it was a little tamer (like really a little). I still miss that bike, and like you , wouldn't mind have a done-up version in my garage. But alas, probably never gonna happen.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!