How about those Liberals? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: How about those Liberals?

  1. #16
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Coldstream, BC
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I agree with that. They got fucked over. But what better time to start than today with integration? *It doesn't seem there's any focus or pathway to true equality in what I see in the news and our politicians doing. It seems the path is towards further alienation, propping up reserves and traditional lands I guess is the more PC term nowadays.* natives are not going to be able to live a traditional lifestyle on their traditional lands. That just the brutal reality of the day and age we live in.

    I have family that are native, I go out to the local Westside First Nations reserve quite often. Not just to ride my bike on Westside Rd. It's*not like my head is stuck in the sand.**To me they are just people like everyone else regardless of colour, heritage or whatever. I live my life treating everyone as an equal, always have. Paying for the past like so many want to see continued and amplified is IMO racism and I want no part of it.**

  2. #17
    Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    two feet off the ground..
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    What's amazing is the traction of the scandal - it actually sticks here - whereas if this was the US, it would be outdone by no less than 3 of Trumps' daily scandals before *breakfasttime*, which just seem to slide right off and onto the pile. (It's a biiiiiiiig pile now, ever growing)
    the big media mad machine up here gets tired of bitching about US politics they have no effect or control over.

    so of course everything gets blown completely out of proportion and the opposition has no troubles yelling "impeachment"...

    they're literally just trying to get a little more attention imho. A lot of the bullshit that gets tossed around is a none issue.

    Gender bias has a shit tonne to do with it.. I try to turn a deaf ear to most of it.. but i do shake my head at how fvcking dumb the population is.

    They all automatically crave to turn this into another reason to prop up the ME TOO mentality. Guilty regardless of validity, it is the age of the interwebz after-all..
    http://bcusedoil.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

  3. #18
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Okanagan
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I agree with that. They got fucked over. But what better time to start than today with integration? *It doesn't seem there's any focus or pathway to true equality in what I see in the news and our politicians doing. It seems the path is towards further alienation, propping up reserves and traditional lands I guess is the more PC term nowadays.* natives are not going to be able to live a traditional lifestyle on their traditional lands. That just the brutal reality of the day and age we live in.

    I have family that are native, I go out to the local Westside First Nations reserve quite often. Not just to ride my bike on Westside Rd. It's*not like my head is stuck in the sand.**To me they are just people like everyone else regardless of colour, heritage or whatever. I live my life treating everyone as an equal, always have. Paying for the past like so many want to see continued and amplified is IMO racism and I want no part of it.**
    Well said. You make a lot of sense.

  4. #19
    Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    two feet off the ground..
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    culture shock is a very good way of putting it..

    its confusing enough coming to canada as an immigrant, where technically some of us came from developing nations..

    constantly beating up on more recent generations of 'canadians' aint gonna do shite for natives and said troubled history.
    In case folks have missed it, we're built by the generous donations of other nations, Canada is a country of Emigrants.

    I do agree we seem to be getting further and further away from true equality in an effort to apologize for it all..

    how many modern family lines even have any direct link to Canada's troubled past? a lot less than most people suspect..
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-08-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

  5. #20
    Registered User Array Squint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Van
    Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I agree with that. They got fucked over.
    That's an awfully nice way of saying "cultural genocide" and worse.

    The policies of this country did (and still do) inflict a trauma on an entire people. And when you have trauma to your body, you don't just remove the source and get on with your life, do you? You need to treat the results of the trauma. Why do you think the natives (as many prefer to be called) are overrepresented in the homeless community? In the jail system? This country kneecapped generations, and we need to deal with it. And if you don't like paying for it, consider that an underhoused person is far more expensive to this society than an adequately housed one.*

    I actually used to think kind of like others here; why not just move to the city and get a job? Why live in the middle of nowhere? Then I learned more of the history, and my wife started working at the Carnegie centre and learned a lot more, as most of the people she works with are native. Fully integrated, equal participants in society is a great goal but we can't just say it should be so and be done. Consider that Jody Wilson-Raybould refused the Indigenous Affairs ministry because she is against the Indian Act, the law of our land; obviously we still have a long way to go.*

  6. #21
    Registered User Array Steve G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Down here
    Bike
    ummm
    Society today has become one of interaction amongst people, instead of being one on one equal, now automatically the interaction has been shifted to one of different levels of 'victimhood status'. Victimhood status which includes gender self identification, race, color, creed, religious regional minority. The level of victimhood status varies, and sometimes the collection of victimhood categories you have in life outweighs the severity level of the individual status you are burdened with. Instead of inclusion and true equality, this is separating the population groups. Clearly this is a push from the socialist left, who preach full inclusion. Justin runs hard and steady with this kind of mantra hypocrisy, hence his move to ignore the special and unique capabilities of his Liberal MP's to fill the special and very important roles of Cabinet, instead pull a mega virtue signal for the airheads who voted for him to quivver over.


    Regarding SFC Lavalin, this is quite a bit more complicated than the apparent improper interaction of Justin and his pit bulls with the former Attorney General. SFC Lavalin has a very sordid and ugly proven reputation for bribes, threats, entrenched close interaction with horribly repulsive world dictators, bribes, hookers, etc, with [Gaddafi of Libya], and jurisdictions in Canada. Their history with the Federal Liberal party goes back decades. To clarify, they are a nasty fucking group. But of course, Justin's wishes for charges against SCF Lavalin to be dropped include the bullshit that he wants to save Quebec jobs, all while letting 10 fold more jobs in Alberta fly off into the wind. Quebec, being the country's only permanent status welfare state that would last mere days financially If Alberta transfer payments were cut off, needs to be protected, guarded. Justin's political future depends on it. Plus we have the fact that the Quebec Civil Service Pension Plan are heavily invested in SFC Lavalin, and pressure from Civil Service union bosses are being pressed against Justin's leg, humping at it, to let SFC Lavalin off the hook. So you see, it's all multi level, and very regional, all about Quebec's best interests, very corrupt.

  7. #22
    Registered User Array Juha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Coquitlam
    Bike
    00 R6 Street 99 R6 Race
    You can't even get the name of the company right that you seem to know so well.

  8. #23
    Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha View Post
    You can't even get the name of the company right that you seem to know so well.

  9. #24
    Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    two feet off the ground..
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    thats what i thought as well
    http://bcusedoil.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

  10. #25
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Coldstream, BC
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    That's an awfully nice way of saying "cultural genocide" and worse.

    The policies of this country did (and still do) inflict a trauma on an entire people. And when you have trauma to your body, you don't just remove the source and get on with your life, do you? You need to treat the results of the trauma. Why do you think the natives (as many prefer to be called) are overrepresented in the homeless community? In the jail system? This country kneecapped generations, and we need to deal with it. And if you don't like paying for it, consider that an underhoused person is far more expensive to this society than an adequately housed one.*

    I actually used to think kind of like others here; why not just move to the city and get a job? Why live in the middle of nowhere? Then I learned more of the history, and my wife started working at the Carnegie centre and learned a lot more, as most of the people she works with are native. Fully integrated, equal participants in society is a great goal but we can't just say it should be so and be done. Consider that Jody Wilson-Raybould refused the Indigenous Affairs ministry because she is against the Indian Act, the law of our land; obviously we still have a long way to go.*
    I think one thing we might agree on is the past and current policies don't work, maybe we should try something entirely different?

    But to the relevancy of this topic. I have no expectations from Trudeau that this will be the case. At most I see more apologizing and funding for the 'crimes of the past'.

    The Lavalin thing I think is much ado about nothing. Government trying to protect big business. Oh me oh my, what a shocker.*

  11. #26
    Registered User Array Steve G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Down here
    Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha View Post
    You can't even get the name of the company right that you seem to know so well.
    Pointing out a spelling error to dispense my thread entry instead of challenging my information. Sounds like a typical leftie response gang pile. Knock yourself out.

  12. #27
    Registered User Array Squint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Van
    Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I think one thing we might agree on is the past and current policies don't work, maybe we should try something entirely different?

    ...

    * The Lavalin thing I think is much ado about nothing. Government trying to protect big business. Oh me oh my, what a shocker.*
    On both of these, I agree. * *

  13. #28
    Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    two feet off the ground..
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Pointing out a spelling error to dispense my thread entry
    welcome to the interwebz.. you are your own worst editor.. gotta admit you kinda walked into that one. The F is no where near the N FFS

    lefty, righty, straight the fvck down the middle; i'm sure it dont matter, we all got a good laugh at your expense.

    some more than others i'm sure.. but i guarantee you there's 2 or 3 who are still googling it this morning..
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-09-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

  14. #29
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Okanagan
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Society today has become one of interaction amongst people, instead of being one on one equal, now automatically the interaction has been shifted to one of different levels of 'victimhood status'. Victimhood status which includes gender self identification, race, color, creed, religious regional minority. The level of victimhood status varies, and sometimes the collection of victimhood categories you have in life outweighs the severity level of the individual status you are burdened with. Instead of inclusion and true equality, this is separating the population groups. Clearly this is a push from the socialist left, who preach full inclusion. Justin runs hard and steady with this kind of mantra hypocrisy, hence his move to ignore the special and unique capabilities of his Liberal MP's to fill the special and very important roles of Cabinet, instead pull a mega virtue signal for the airheads who voted for him to quivver over.


    Regarding SFC Lavalin, this is quite a bit more complicated than the apparent improper interaction of Justin and his pit bulls with the former Attorney General. SFC Lavalin has a very sordid and ugly proven reputation for bribes, threats, entrenched close interaction with horribly repulsive world dictators, bribes, hookers, etc, with [Gaddafi of Libya], and jurisdictions in Canada. Their history with the Federal Liberal party goes back decades. To clarify, they are a nasty fucking group. But of course, Justin's wishes for charges against SCF Lavalin to be dropped include the bullshit that he wants to save Quebec jobs, all while letting 10 fold more jobs in Alberta fly off into the wind. Quebec, being the country's only permanent status welfare state that would last mere days financially If Alberta transfer payments were cut off, needs to be protected, guarded. Justin's political future depends on it. Plus we have the fact that the Quebec Civil Service Pension Plan are heavily invested in SFC Lavalin, and pressure from Civil Service union bosses are being pressed against Justin's leg, humping at it, to let SFC Lavalin off the hook. So you see, it's all multi level, and very regional, all about Quebec's best interests, very corrupt.
    Victimhood status/culture. Interesting. Not something I'd read about before. Thanks for bringing that up. You've supplied me with a few hours of learning something new. I am retired you know and need the stimuli.

    You are bang on with regards to SNC. In Trudy's defense: He did buy Alberta a pipeline although he doesn't seem to be able to make it fly. Then again; special interest groups, etc. have a lot of swing in this country. For those who will squeal loudly about how bad pipelines are, trucking and rail are much more dangerous ways to move oil and the oil will be moved one way or the other.

  15. #30
    Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    two feet off the ground..
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    Victimhood status/culture. Interesting. Not something I'd read about before. Thanks for bringing that up. You've supplied me with a few hours of learning something new. I am retired you know and need the stimuli.
    i have to agree that is a very interesting point... its something i have noticed as well but hadnt really put a word to it..

    whats your 'crutch' in life sorta thing.. everybody has one these days! the younger generation seems to be going for broke on that shit.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •