#me too
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: #me too

  1. #1
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Okanagan
    Bike
    nekkid

    #me too

    BCSB has matured a lot since the early days and we seem to be able to discuss delicate subjects without resorting to insults, name calling, and threats. The old days were fun mind you.
    Facebook and such have not caught up to us.

    What do you think of the #me too movement? The lady who started it was in my area recently talking about it. No, I did not attend.

    I'm aghast one can be ruined for life by a false accusation. Just saw the taxi story on the news. How the hell can anyone make a judgement against that fellow? No one knows what really happened.
    Who knows. Was she drunk and amorous? Looked like a fat girl whom no one at the bar would take home. What was she doing in the front seat for starters? Don't hate me.

    It's guilty till proven innocent with this movement. I'm not sticking up for the assholes btw. The guilty need to be punished to the full extent of the law.

    I'm very guarded in what I say in social(face to face) settings these days. I'm more daring online.

  2. #2
    Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    two feet off the ground..
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    this is Maturing? cool, so we're moving goal posts now

    i have some thoughts on the matter, but i should be nice

    i love the 'drunk is not consent' posters... i mean, that is some funny shite.

    she's a lush, aka just wants to feel sexy,. Liquid confidence and all that.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-09-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

  3. #3
    Registered User Array HighZoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Here
    Bike
    ..
    its stupid... but its not going to get any better...

    i've wanted for a long time for it to be law that receipts need to be provided for child support payments... another very one sided thing..

    but i never see that happening.. so as 'equality' goes up.. this shit is only gonna get worse.


    but hey.. who wouldn't wanna get out of a situation no questions asked... i mean fuck sign me up.. if i fuck a fat cow cuz im drunk can i scream rape the next morning?
    Last edited by HighZoot; 03-09-2019 at 04:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User Array Squint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Van
    Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Coincidence that you posted this the day after International Women's Day?*

    So yeah... bummer to be falsely accused, can be a significant impact on your life. But reality is that false accusations are incredibly rare, whereas sexual assault is incredibly common (1 in 3? Something like that?). And for... well centuries, really... *it's been mostly ignored or "unfounded", treated with such scorn that victims don't even come forward. We normalized "choir boys" and the "casting couch" while ignoring the trauma inflicted (and not only to women).*So obviously that can't continue.

    So, I welcome the #metoo movement, despite the predictable rocky transition. Probably you guys, like me, all frantically tried to remember every encounter with any woman ever that might suddenly come up again. Thank god I'm not a public figure. But in time this will calm down, and we can get to a situation where sexual assault is treated fairly and justly for all parties.

    I'm just so thankful I'm not young and dating anymore, and don't need to figure out what "enthusiastic consent" looks like from one minute to the next when all parties have had a few.

    Have some honest talks with women. My wife and I were watching Oprah's infamous speech at the Golden Globes, and I commented that "every man in that room right now is losing his shit". Boy did that lead to a discussion...

  5. #5
    Registered User Array Steve G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Down here
    Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    Coincidence that you posted this the day after International Women's Day?*

    So yeah... bummer to be falsely accused, can be a significant impact on your life. But reality is that false accusations are incredibly rare, whereas sexual assault is incredibly common (1 in 3? Something like that?). And for... well centuries, really... *it's been mostly ignored or "unfounded", treated with such scorn that victims don't even come forward. We normalized "choir boys" and the "casting couch" while ignoring the trauma inflicted (and not only to women).*So obviously that can't continue.

    So, I welcome the #metoo movement, despite the predictable rocky transition. Probably you guys, like me, all frantically tried to remember every encounter with any woman ever that might suddenly come up again. Thank god I'm not a public figure. But in time this will calm down, and we can get to a situation where sexual assault is treated fairly and justly for all parties.

    I'm just so thankful I'm not young and dating anymore, and don't need to figure out what "enthusiastic consent" looks like from one minute to the next when all parties have had a few.

    Have some honest talks with women. My wife and I were watching Oprah's infamous speech at the Golden Globes, and I commented that "every man in that room right now is losing his shit". Boy did that lead to a discussion...


    Umm, yeah. "#me too", very quickly, at least in bigger cities populated with a higher % of left wing progressives, will follow another descriptive acronym, MGTOW.

  6. #6
    Registered User Array cvrle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Bike
    04 SV650


    Thats all I think of it
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by cvrle1; 03-13-2019 at 04:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered User Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Okanagan
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    Coincidence that you posted this the day after International Women's Day?*

    So yeah... bummer to be falsely accused, can be a significant impact on your life. But reality is that false accusations are incredibly rare, whereas sexual assault is incredibly common (1 in 3? Something like that?). And for... well centuries, really... *it's been mostly ignored or "unfounded", treated with such scorn that victims don't even come forward. We normalized "choir boys" and the "casting couch" while ignoring the trauma inflicted (and not only to women).*So obviously that can't continue.

    So, I welcome the #metoo movement, despite the predictable rocky transition. Probably you guys, like me, all frantically tried to remember every encounter with any woman ever that might suddenly come up again. Thank god I'm not a public figure. But in time this will calm down, and we can get to a situation where sexual assault is treated fairly and justly for all parties.

    I'm just so thankful I'm not young and dating anymore, and don't need to figure out what "enthusiastic consent" looks like from one minute to the next when all parties have had a few.

    Have some honest talks with women. My wife and I were watching Oprah's infamous speech at the Golden Globes, and I commented that "every man in that room right now is losing his shit". Boy did that lead to a discussion...
    "All things shall pass". Even #me2 will lose its luster. Takes me back to the womens lib days when they were burning bras and wearing miniskirts. Those were happier times. :-)

  8. #8
    Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    two feet off the ground..
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by HighZoot View Post

    i've wanted for a long time for it to be law that receipts need to be provided for child support payments... another very one sided thing..


    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    Coincidence that you posted this the day after International Women's Day?*
    some would say great timing.. unfortunately that same 'some' wont be having dinner tonight, and is likely readying the couch for a night's sleep

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Umm, yeah. "#me too", very quickly, at least in bigger cities populated with a higher % of left wing progressives, will follow another descriptive acronym, MGTOW.
    pretty much sums it up

    Quote Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
    Thats all I think of it
    i may be going to HELL but it will be with a big fat smile
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-14-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

    Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •