Dianese X-ile Glove finger wear
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dianese X-ile Glove finger wear

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA

Dianese X-ile Glove finger wear

I've had these gloves for 4 years, so I suppose I should not complain, but fact is they didn't get worn that much... I have another pair I wear for most of my commuting and touring. The thin leather on the sides of the fingers is always gonna be the weak spot on a sport glove, and I suppose there is nothing to be done about it, eh? Looks to me like this is the result of the fingers rubbing against each other, and it's no surprise it's the left hand, cuz there's far more motion using the clutch with that hand than the right. But does anyone have any tricks for 'reinforcing' this area when the glove is new, so it'll withstand the use longer - the rest of both gloves is in excellent condition, so this is frustrating! (Maybe a light coating of some shoo-goo like substance?)

20190323_152918 (2) by Don Serl, on Flickr
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    CB 500X
    Because of your post I just went down to the basement and checked my gloves to also find some thinning on the clutch fingers. I dunno, maybe a fellow could spray some plastic type coating on the high wear areas?

https://www.instructables.com/id/Indestructible-Gloves/
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Bike
    Ruby Jizza
    4 years and much more than the average use - I think your first sentence nailed it, no need to complain. Gear has a finite shelf life - toss those and replace.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    RC
    Gloves and boots are what I wear out all the time. Other stuff just get replaced when I get the itch.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    replace with held's..

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    i'd swing by Leslie's Luggage Repair on Broadway and see what solution they can offer.

Registered User Array Porschenut's Avatar
    Bike
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R
    I stopped buying expensive gloves (Alpinestars & Dainese) because of the number of pairs I've gone through. Now I buy inexpensive ones off eBay. I most recently took a chance on these ones and they're holding up just as well as my former Alpinestars. The quality is actually really good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...Ha_KAgaoWjVQPQ

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    ^^^ great tip. looks like a good glove, and the price is incredible! what did you do to determine correct sizing?
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by HighZoot View Post
    replace with held's..
    interesting you should mention that. my commuting / general touring glove is a Held Sparrow, which I bought for only $70 at Vanc BMW / Ducati three years back. I have about 25,000 kms on them, and they show NO wear at all. ( minor scuffing on the back of one from when I went skittering in Utah a couple springs ago...) simple gloves, with no plastic or carbon, etc, but great leather, good padding, impeccible construction, excellent security, and day-long comfort. not going to be wearing out the inside of the finger boxes on those!
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    ummm
    I just wore a favourite of mine, a set of Rev-it summer leather/Gore-Tex short gloves. As mentioned above, I’m getting tired of investing serious money into brand name gloves, they wear out just as quick. Have to admit, I must have 15 pair, of every category. My go to right now, for really cold, my old Widder electric gauntlets, spring and summer, I’ve bought an $18 Cycle Gear vented armoured leather shorties from their giant bin at their front door. The things work great, fine dexterity, holding great after a full season last year.

Still have my very 1st set of gloves from 40 years ago, Watson gauntlets, would like to get them rebuilt, somehere, using the original rear section, which must be made of hardwood-moose leather hybrid.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    interesting you should mention that. my commuting / general touring glove is a Held Sparrow, which I bought for only $70 at Vanc BMW / Ducati three years back. I have about 25,000 kms on them, and they show NO wear at all. ( minor scuffing on the back of one from when I went skittering in Utah a couple springs ago...) simple gloves, with no plastic or carbon, etc, but great leather, good padding, impeccible construction, excellent security, and day-long comfort. not going to be wearing out the inside of the finger boxes on those!
    i said it, as it's what i use also.. full bias.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by HighZoot View Post
    replace with held's..
    i found similar looking hole on left hand of my Held, clutch useage in all weather.. mine are not nearly as bad as OP
    but same difference (only 1 finger); at the end of the day everything wears it just depends how quickly.

I think its mostly the fact its kangaroo leather, it does require a bit more 'care' than other leathers, the palms / fingers sure are soft though..
    Last edited by bacchus40; 03-25-2019 at 10:36 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    One more reason to install a quick-shifter/auto blipper? think of the savings... lol

Registered User Array Porschenut's Avatar
    Bike
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    ^^^ great tip. looks like a good glove, and the price is incredible! what did you do to determine correct sizing?
    I wear medium everything and given the low price, I just took a chance and they fit a little tight but stretched out. I figured that if they didn't fit I could always re-sell them on craigs and not lose anything.

The only knock that I have for these gloves is that the soft side of the Velcro seems to be puffing up faster than with my other gloves. However, bulk Velcro is available at any fabric store and I figure I'll remove the soft side and ShoeGoo a new patch onto the gauntlet if it becomes a problem.
    Last edited by Porschenut; 03-26-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    it's actually your acidic sweat that breaks it down. My racing gloves always go this way, and not from crashing. The sweat just kills the leather eventually.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~