SENA 30K or CARDO Packtalk Slim - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SENA 30K or CARDO Packtalk Slim

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDragon View Post
    yeah, but you cannot polish a turd, so firmware is not going to fix the bulk of the issues with noise, disconnects, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    You've listed absolutely nothing of value, yet somehow this should be considered a motivation to buy? basically- BNG !!!
    copy / paste.. folks can make up their own mind. You guys seem to have a lot of internal anger

i'm sorry i couldnt do all required research for you.. when i say 'on the fence' i mean there are folks reading this thread
    who may already own a SENA and have some 'concerns' but not enough to warrant a full upgrade, i'm sure
    one or two of 'em can figure out a firmware upgrade considering its May.

Seeing as these devices are not waterproof, its very possible most have not used them over winter

in electronics, when devices are having 'issues' here and there, a simple firmware upgrade tends to clear them up.

I deal with firmware all the fvcking time, and i NEVER sit there and read every line of updates.
    Tech support never bothers with the long winded speech either. They literally just recommend
    one file over another based on 'reports' received from other users.

A MAJOR firmware upgrade across all devices usually improves functionality, sometimes dramatically.

BNG does not apply, firmware runs the stupid thing, so unless you're painting the damn engine internals, I would say your statement is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoDragon View Post
    yeah, but you cannot polish a turd, so firmware is not going to fix the bulk of the issues with noise, disconnects, etc.
    noise cancellation software, improvement in signal reception, system behavior improvements, etc .

when it comes to communication devices, again, we have found sometimes a simple firmware upgrade does the trick.

as posted a little ways back, people bitched about the Schuberth SC1 and SC1 Advanced.. pages of pages of early adopters .

firmware updates were slow at 1st.. but apparently at a certain point one was indeed available and magically, the bitching stopped. Imagine that,
    firmware cleared 'em up . But hey look at it this way, there was a time when you bragged about the TURD you carried around attached to your head

you have obviously tossed the thing and bought into another system, not everybody is willing to spend their hard earned, post was meant for the latter.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 05-01-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post

does it bounce?

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    copy / paste.. folks can make up their own mind. You guys seem to have a lot of internal anger

i'm sorry i couldnt do all required research for you..

in electronics, when devices are having 'issues' here and there, a simple firmware upgrade tends to clear them up.

I deal with firmware all the fvcking time, and i NEVER sit there and read every line of updates.
    Tech support never bothers with the long winded speech either. They literally just recommend

A MAJOR firmware upgrade across all devices usually improves functionality, sometimes dramatically.

BNG does not apply, firmware runs the stupid thing

noise cancellation software, improvement in signal reception, system behavior improvements, etc .

when it comes to communication devices, again, we have found sometimes a simple firmware upgrade does the trick.

as posted a little ways back, people bitched about the Schuberth SC1 and SC1 Advanced.. pages of pages of early adopters .

firmware updates were slow at 1st.. but apparently at a certain point one was indeed available and magically, the bitching stopped. Imagine that,
    firmware cleared 'em up . But hey look at it this way, there was a time when you bragged about the TURD you carried around attached to your head

you have obviously tossed the thing and bought into another system, not everybody is willing to spend their hard earned, post was meant for the latter.
    No, just another rambling post from you, that is more about you hearing your own voice, and accomplishing absolutely nothing to move the discussion forward.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    No, just another rambling post from you, that is more about you hearing your own voice, and accomplishing absolutely nothing to move the discussion forward.
    there's that anger again.

i dont think you realize this, but my key-board does not make a sound..

as posted, i'm in electronics..

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I am having a hard time following how updates have nothing to do with the functionality of a electronic device. If not for improvements, what are they for?

bng? Blow n go? Wtf kind of abbreviation is that?

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport

i'm sorry i couldnt do all required research for you.. when i say 'on the fence' i mean there are folks reading this thread
    who may already own a SENA and have some 'concerns' but not enough to warrant a full upgrade, i'm sure
    one or two of 'em can figure out a firmware upgrade considering its May.

Seeing as these devices are not waterproof, its very possible most have not used them over winter

BNG does not apply, firmware runs the stupid thing, so unless you're painting the damn engine internals, I would say your statement is incorrect.

Dude, from your posts it seems that you're pretty new to the BT coms game. A number of experienced riders with years of experience using different units have chimed in on the benefits and shortcomings of the major players. Per your post, will a firmware update help? Sometimes. But having had a 10S (good) and a 20S Sena (shite) my experience has mirrored many others on here - the Cardo Packtalk is miles better than the newer Sena units. Be wary of riding the Sena hype-train, once you experience and utilize both to their full capabilities, you'll see that the Sena's are inferior. Enjoy giving Sena a handjob; me and my riding buds will enjoy popcorn-free noise-cancelled high fidelity blissful BT coms that will seamlessly connect, while you waste 20 minutes doing the pre-ride Sena connection shuffle. Don't say we didn't tell you so.

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I am having a hard time following how updates have nothing to do with the functionality of a electronic device. If not for improvements, what are they for?

bng? Blow n go? Wtf kind of abbreviation is that?
    BNG = Brand New Graphics

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Ffs. I'm so stupid I feel like slapping myself!

Bike
    disclaimer:

if you are not interested in this post.. dont read it.

Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    Dude, from your posts it seems that you're pretty new to the BT coms game..
    With all do respect.

i think some folks are misunderstanding the point of the post.. there is a very real reason why i kept the post short and simple.

yes i started to look deeper into it to try and help those who cant help themselves but i decided against it.

WHY? please read the senseless arguments as a pretty damn perfect example!!

QUESTION: will a firmware upgrade help
    ANSWER: PERHAPS!

QUESTION: WILL a MAJOR firmware upgrade (VERSION 2 INCLUDES bluetooth 4.1 across the entire line) HELP!?
    ANSWER: IN my professional opinion ( as an electronics security systems technician), PROBABLY!

as a matter of perspective. coders are well aware the internal 'ENGINE' of the device is, how you say.. less than perfect at time of release.

otherwise, why the fvck would you pay thousands, sometimes millions of dollars to implement internal behavior adjustments?

will it make every single user happier than pig in shit? not if they are a BCSB member, that ship sailed!

now, if you are still reading.. GREAT!

While I am not an early adopter of this technology, (I have had my reasons) but i've had to assist my dad with his own
    units over the years.. AS i mentioned i'm in electronics so when it comes to configuring and figuring little shit out
    guess who's getting the call?

regardless, and please ignore the entire post (for those looking for an argument), I have had conversations with my best friends
    and dad who own the very units we are discussing. Maybe their needs are different than others, as is pretty evident, but they
    are happy with their devices.

NOW, for those who are hard of hearing.. no SHIT, i am into technology and the MESH system seems to be an improvement
    going forward.. but that is going forward, and for people who intend to pair up with 10 TO 15 other riders!

I dont know 10 to 15 people i want to pair up with, much less do so while riding!! let alone in torrential rain!!

I am actually liking the review process a little better as those people seem to be smart enough to know there is a difference.

if a product is not 100% waterproof, will it mean a single iota to somebody who NEVER rides in the RAIN!? i will let you
    think about that for a minute.. that is the EXACT response my best friend gave me!! My dad on the other hand,
    has NEVER had any issues and he rides through snow, hail, fvcking storms all the time.. he does not own a 20s!!
    its an older unit, the 10 series.. was the 10 series waterproof? WTF.

in MY CASE, the system i'm looking at was designed hand in hand with SENA.. but its integrated 100% WITHIN
    the stupid helmet!! i'll give you another minute, DO I GIVE TWO SHITS if a 20s is not 100% waterproof? FVCK NO!

we get it, EVERYBODY that BRAGGED about SENA on this forum and every second ride wAS full of shit!! apparently IT was a shitty product this entire time.

again, regardless.. those who are happy with, are not about to fork over another 400 bucks just to have the latest and greatest!!

i will be upgrading the firmware on my Father's unit!! because that is what HE has requested of me!!
    Last edited by bacchus40; 05-02-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Ffs. I'm so stupid I feel like slapping myself!
    hence why i responded with a stupid remark.. BOLD NEW GRAPHICS (the actual term) has been around for years
    and is directly related to how manufacturers slap STICKERS on their motorcycles claiming they are better than last
    year's models. But you need to understand, the BNG are slapped on the plastics, metal etc covering the outside of the bike.

It might only be “bold new graphics” for these 2019 model year bikes, but the fresh liveries are very fetching.

a firmware upgrade is a complete RE-WRITE of the software which runs the actual electronics device. the term BNG does not apply.

I dont know ONE engine builder who paints the internals of their engines.

was i being a dick with my response? YES.. did it get the point across? perhaps not
    Last edited by bacchus40; 05-02-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    Yeah, the Cardo IS significantly better than even the newest SENA's. ...........end
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S

Dude, seriously, you are very late to the game. Most of us have owned this shit for years. I'm going on 10 years with Sena stuff and believe me, the firmware updates do fucking nothing to address those concerns. I know you think you know, but in reality, you are just speaking out of your ass about this. Yes, REPUTABLE companies do improve things with firmware. Sena's track record shows that they do not work on the major flaws at all.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    a firmware upgrade is a complete RE-WRITE of the software which runs the actual electronics device.
    jesus christ, you really have no fucking clue about what you're talking about.

With over a decade in software development, i can tell you that this simply is not the fucking case.
    These are incremental changes with feature additions and changes. The code base is staying almost entirely the same. We're talking 1% changes of core code.

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    ( as an electronics security systems technician)
    This explains sooooooooo much.