SENA 30K or CARDO Packtalk Slim - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: SENA 30K or CARDO Packtalk Slim

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    edit. I've seen reading back that I need to pair the transmitter as a second phone. I hope I can listen to music and get alerts in real time. Looking back in this thread it was alluded to that this wouldn't be seamless or possible that there would be a lag switching from music to radar alert and that the music would have to be manually restarted again once a radar alert 'took over'.
    You only get two sources. So, if your BT transmitter for your RD is connected, no music, but you can still use the intercom. So basically, you have to choose between music or radar. If you want all three, then you need to look at a non-BT solution for your radar alerts; Marc Parnes or H.A.R.D.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    *Bummer. I thought somewhere it was mentioned Chia was using intercom, music, and radar successfully? *What exactly is the point of having the two Bluetooth sources if they can't both be used? *It's my understanding that I could pair both be listening to music but as soon as the radar alerts it will become the priority Bluetooth source and stop the music. I could live with that some of the time if there was no significant lag on the radar alert.*

This would be what I was referring to:

Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    FYI - We ONLY ever use DMC.......bluetooth is dead to me for intercoms, that was Sena 10yrs ago, so the only function BT serves are for peripherals like my phone and the BT transmitter connected to my radar detector......which all work while chatting in DMC at same time, so great.
    Last edited by Squisher; 06-08-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    From what I can gather from looking at the cardo manual I will want to pair the radar Bluetooth as a gps. Gps signals are given priority over music and intercom, but once done everything should return to normal. If the phone and the radar are both paired as phones then priority is automatically given to the last source. So I think from what I understand I'll try pairing it as a gps first and see how that works. Next week that is, when hopefully everything arrives. Lol.*

Bike
    ZX14
    From what I can gather from looking at the cardo manual I will want to pair the radar Bluetooth as a gps. Gps signals are given priority over music and intercom, but once done everything should return to normal. If the phone and the radar are both paired as phones then priority is automatically given to the last source. So I think from what I understand I'll try pairing it as a gps first and see how that works. Next week that is, when hopefully everything arrives. Lol.*
    *Second phone and GPS for the radar detector Bluetooth transmitter * *
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Here is a interesting tip for iPhone users who are finding insufficient audio output levels. In your settings, music, eq option. Choose 'late night' from the eq listings and your volume output from the phone will be bumped up.*

Bike
    ZX14
    Here is a interesting tip for iPhone users who are finding insufficient audio output levels. In your settings, music, eq option. Choose 'late night' from the eq listings and your volume output from the phone will be bumped up.*
    Neat lil tip, had not heard of that one before:

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/iphone-...ick-goes-viral

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Yah I was googling around a bunch trying to figure out how to boost audio levels for free(because I'm cheap as fuck lol) and came across that.
    I have been frustrated as I mentioned before about the audio levels for music in my cardo system and I think I mentioned too odd fluctuations that I was crediting to the cardo. Well I was wrong. It's the accuradio app I was using. I was in my shop yesterday working on my wife's bike(homemade fender delete, did I mention I'm cheap? *Wife is very pleased) and streaming accuradio through my big stomping stereo I've got out there and sure enough I noticed on certain songs volume fluctuations. So bye bye accuradio and hello Spotify.*

Bike
    Ninja1k
    Will be trying out these shortly to combine with my sena/phone music.

https://www.amazon.ca/EarPeace-Motor...gateway&sr=8-1

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    *Second phone and GPS for the radar detector Bluetooth transmitter * *
    Hmm. So so far no dice for me. I've paired the mpow as a second phone and as a gps and either way when it's on I can't get any music. It's like it's transmitting a signal all the time even though the radar isn't making any noise? *It's weird, my phone is connected as phone one and it's playing music, but no sound will come through the cardo from it if the mpow is connected and live even though the radar isn't producing any alerts or noise? *I'll keep fiddling with it but so far it seems CDG's assessment was correct. Music or radar, but not both? *

Bike
    ZX14
    Hmm. So so far no dice for me. I've paired the mpow as a second phone and as a gps and either way when it's on I can't get any music. It's like it's transmitting a signal all the time even though the radar isn't making any noise? *It's weird, my phone is connected as phone one and it's playing music, but no sound will come through the cardo from it if the mpow is connected and live even though the radar isn't producing any alerts or noise? *I'll keep fiddling with it but so far it seems CDG's assessment was correct. Music or radar, but not both? *
    Yes, music or radar is the way it is......he knows this because we often ride together and those were my findings, unfortunately......the compromise.

You can talk on mesh and get radar, but not music as well.....2 things at a time.

I used to know all the reason, but purged my head of it all last year when I finally got this working.

Strange though......I can have radar and chat and Waze notifications and also get my text message noises
    but music doesn't fly with my iPhone. If I chose music, then I lose my radar. It's something to do with priority
    signals but I've just forgotten all the lingo.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I've been researching it and apparently any Bluetooth transmitter will 'override' the packtalk and take priority no matter what position it's paired in. You can push the button on the transmitter and 'pause' it and then your music will function normally but no radar alerts to the ear. Fm radio will work with the transmitter seamlessly.*

I have also researched that the sena sm10 'hub' will work with the cardo and can take two inputs. It's a significant cost and both inputs have to be hardwired into it anyways. So I'm considering/questioning buying a 3.5mm splitter jack and trying my radar in one port and phone hardwired in the other. If that worked I'd get a second mount(shit is getting cluttered now!) and just keep my phone on the dash. I could live with the inconvenience of plugging it in if it meant I had streaming music and radar together. Seems I could 'mix' them by adjusting radar and phone volume? *Maybe? *Seems worth a try possibly for $15 in cables?

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    I think Dean Darren and I tried exactly that Squisher............Pretty sure it was a few hours of fiddling, and we had even purchased various cables and splitter cables etc to test (something about Ohms bla bla).....Dean the wizard knows all that stuff, Darren and I just stood in his garage drinking beer saying "i dunno". I can be very well informed but it doesn't last if I am not forced to think about it again.

Anyways..........you are f*cked, we all are, someone has to make a better system that can handle all my shit.......
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Well. Ffs. I guess it's the sena sm10 and hardwired to that and then that bluetoothed to the cardo. I've read a bit about that setup working. But again the detector and the phone both need to be connected to it. Or a HARD system separate? *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    So I mentioned I'm cheap right? *I started searching the house and canvassing my family. And lo and behold my daughter has a pair of Bluetooth earbuds that she doesn't use because they aren't high fidelity enough for her. So I'm going to pair those to the mpow and try them out. When princess is done doing her makeup? *8:30 at night? *School night? **

Might be alright? Keeps it wireless. Keeps my phone in the tailbag where I like it.*

Bike
    ZX14
    I've been researching it and apparently any Bluetooth transmitter will 'override' the packtalk and take priority no matter what position it's paired in. You can push the button on the transmitter and 'pause' it and then your music will function normally but no radar alerts to the ear. Fm radio will work with the transmitter seamlessly.*

I have also researched that the sena sm10 'hub' will work with the cardo and can take two inputs. It's a significant cost and both inputs have to be hardwired into it anyways. So I'm considering/questioning buying a 3.5mm splitter jack and trying my radar in one port and phone hardwired in the other. If that worked I'd get a second mount(shit is getting cluttered now!) and just keep my phone on the dash. I could live with the inconvenience of plugging it in if it meant I had streaming music and radar together. Seems I could 'mix' them by adjusting radar and phone volume? *Maybe? *Seems worth a try possibly for $15 in cables?
    I also considered the headphone jack splitter option, which I'm guessing would work fine, just lose your wireless functionality and operations but could manually cheat the system and get the mixed audio. * *

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **