SENA 30K or CARDO Packtalk Slim - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: SENA 30K or CARDO Packtalk Slim

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    After researching that a bunch I'm not certain whether it'd work.,,,,..or not. Something about two drivers feeding one audio speaker/set presents the potential for damage I've gathered from poking around the web. I'm not saying it won't work. But I'll leave it to someone else to try out. Like CDG mentioned I don't think it will but I can't really explain why. I too would be the guy having a beer saying 'I dunno'. Mine would be a Baltika though.

I tried out the earbuds last night in the helmet and everything works/fits. Today I'll ride with it all and see how it goes.*
    Last edited by Squisher; 06-12-2019 at 07:46 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    After researching that a bunch I'm not certain whether it'd work.,,,,..or not. Something about two drivers feeding one audio speaker/set presents the potential for damage I've gathered from poking around the web.
    Not sure what or how it could potentially damage anything as it's been transmitted wirelessly......what possible component could be damaged? None.

The BT transmitter is simply passing off a a fed analogue signal from it's headphone input and streaming it wireless, would not differentiate music from a beep on the radar.

What I'm not sure about is the volume of each and if during a song, the radar audio would be heard over and above clearly or be mixed in and less audible?
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I'm not sure how/why it works other than the design/intent of those splitters is to split one audio signal into two, not combine two audio signals into one. Read stuff on the net about it potential driving/backfeeding the other source and causing issues. Again I don't fully understand it but it seems there's a reason mixers are used for combining signals. I'd love for someone else to try it out and let me know? *Maybe if you know the fellows mentioned below Dean could explain why it doesn't work. But I read enough to not want to risk my phone or detector output, or my cardo input by just splitting them together myself. What I've got with these earbuds for now works. Music and radar alerts in real time. As long as they are quiet enough(no plugs with earbuds) for riding.*

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    I think Dean Darren and I tried exactly that Squisher............Pretty sure it was a few hours of fiddling, and we had even purchased various cables and splitter cables etc to test (something about Ohms bla bla).....Dean the wizard knows all that stuff, Darren and I just stood in his garage drinking beer saying "i dunno". I can be very well informed but it doesn't last if I am not forced to think about it again.

Anyways..........you are f*cked, we all are, someone has to make a better system that can handle all my shit.......

Bike
    ZX14
    I'm not sure how/why it works other than the design/intent of those splitters is to split one audio signal into two, not combine two audio signals into one. Read stuff on the net about it potential driving/backfeeding the other source and causing issues. Again I don't fully understand it but it seems there's a reason mixers are used for combining signals. I'd love for someone else to try it out and let me know? *Maybe if you know the fellows mentioned below Dean could explain why it doesn't work. But I read enough to not want to risk my phone or detector output, or my cardo input by just splitting them together myself. What I've got with these earbuds for now works. Music and radar alerts in real time. As long as they are quiet enough(no plugs with earbuds) for riding.*
    Can you share the link that suggests you’ll have issues or could cause problems, I’m curious.

If I have a 3.5mm splitter at home, I’m happy to test with a little MP3 player.

Both signals are going into BT transmitter and being sent wireless to Cardo.....no way Cardo can be affected.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    ZX14
    What I am not clear on and not even sure will work is how the Bluetooth transmitter can discern between two signals when one is already being streamed?

If you are already sitting there enjoying your music and all of a sudden radar comes through, will that radar sound even be picked up over the music or will it not be heardt at all?

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    In my mind I was pretty certain it would work. CDG's post along with some anecdotal comments on the net like these ones.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...nto-one-input/

https://superuser.com/questions/1549...nto-one-output

Made me decide not to bother delving further into electronics and risking anything. *I'm a fantastic wrench and very confident in my mechanical abilities, but electrical shit ahhhh. Hate it. *I'd love to hear about anyone's testing of a simple 3.5mm y splitter and sending that signal by Bluetooth transmitter to a packtalk. That would be a cool setup I think. Although it would require the phone mounted on the 'dash' somewhere too I would think.

Bike
    ZX14
    In my mind I was pretty certain it would work. CDG's post along with some anecdotal comments on the net like these ones.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...nto-one-input/

https://superuser.com/questions/1549...nto-one-output

Made me decide not to bother delving further into electronics and risking anything. *I'm a fantastic wrench and very confident in my mechanical abilities, but electrical shit ahhhh. Hate it. *I'd love to hear about anyone's testing of a simple 3.5mm y splitter and sending that signal by Bluetooth transmitter to a packtalk. That would be a cool setup I think. Although it would require the phone mounted on the 'dash' somewhere too I would think.

Interesting......in both scenarios in the links, they are presumably sending hard-wired audio signals to powered/amplified speakers, so not sure how much of a role that plays or changes things vs bluetooth/wireless. In my simple thinking with wires, they can theoretically create a loop where signal comes back, with BT it's going one direction.

I was going to test last night but then remembered I'd have to have it all connected to bike and then got lazy with hot weather, but will def try and let you know.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    It would be cool to know. I would consider changing from my dual setup now to just having everything through the packtalk.*

Atleast hashing all this out creates a bit of a resource , clunky and long as it may be. For others who are trying to set something up. *

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    just to clarify for the slow (me)
    You want to connect a Phone to stream music
    a Bluetooth dongle for radar
    a GPS to stream directions

is this correct?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Yah. But no gps for me at this point in time. The issue arises using a Bluetooth transmitter/dongle with the cardo. *Somehow the way the cardo works a Bluetooth transmitter 'hogs' the input and no other Bluetooth input will override it or work in conjunction with it. So your options become dmc intercom with either the radar transmitter or streaming music. But not both. I overcame this by keeping the radar completely separate from the cardo and paired the Bluetooth transmitter to wireless earbuds. Somewhat more cumbersome of a setup but works flawlessly so far. Except I can't wear earplugs with this setup. So I may look into some wireless earphone plugs if such a thing exists.*

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    just to clarify for the slow (me)
    You want to connect a Phone to stream music
    a Bluetooth dongle for radar
    a GPS to stream directions

is this correct?
    I may be wrong but think it’s really about phone for music and phone, radar and intercom.

So have a mesh chat going while also receiving radar signals via BT and ability to listen to music at same time.

The GPS chatter is more related to how you pair the BT transmitter on the Cardo which is 2nd phone GPS.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    what happens when you pair the bluetooth unit with your phone? or does that cause the music to pause whenever there is a radar hit?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Unfortunately iPhones aren't meant to receive Bluetooth signal, just transmit them. I did get the Bluetooth mpow to pair with my iPhone in transmit mode and nothing happened. No signals from the radar 'played' through the phone in anyway. I wasn't able to access the mpow device in anyway that I could figure out.*

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Unfortunately iPhones aren't meant to receive Bluetooth signal, just transmit them.
    then how does a bluetooth headset with a microphone work?

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    what happens when you pair the bluetooth unit with your phone? or does that cause the music to pause whenever there is a radar hit?
    The BT is a transmitter, set up to receive sound from the headphone jack of the detector and send it to the Cardo, when paired as GPS as second phone pairing.

Your iPhone is set up as the primary phone pairing.

We only spent half of last winter sorting this and trying every conceivable option with Sena and then Cardo to get this far, lol.

I'm the only one in our riding circle actually using it. Dean has a V1 with some app that runs on his Android phone, which he rides with on his
    bars and CDG uses the HARD system with the light in the helmet.

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **