SENA 30K or CARDO Packtalk Slim - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: SENA 30K or CARDO Packtalk Slim

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Ha don't ask me, but that is a good question. Google Bluetooth input iPhone.*

If someone figures something out that works I'd love to hear about it. *
    Last edited by Squisher; 06-13-2019 at 08:12 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    then how does a bluetooth headset with a microphone work?
    My understanding is that certain BT profiles are recognized within the iPhone, but you cannot go into any
    settings and adjust or use how you want....some androids have different abilities. Apple likes it's their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Hmm. So so far no dice for me. I've paired the mpow as a second phone and as a gps and either way when it's on I can't get any music. It's like it's transmitting a signal all the time even though the radar isn't making any noise? *It's weird, my phone is connected as phone one and it's playing music, but no sound will come through the cardo from it if the mpow is connected and live even though the radar isn't producing any alerts or noise? *I'll keep fiddling with it but so far it seems CDG's assessment was correct. Music or radar, but not both? *
    This is because the radar detector *is* the music source. You cannot have both, as the Cardo and even the Sena units are not mixers. They can stream from a single source only, and the last source to stream gets called "default music source", so if your phone is playing music, it will override the detector as the stuff is coming from the phone in a constant stream. We have experimented a LOT with this. I'll also comment here that you are thinking of trying the SR10. Don't. We tried it, and it almost blew my ear drums out. The volume level on that thing is insane. I was lucky in that I had a buddy who let me try one before I purchased. It was not good and didn't do what we thought it would do, which was to have multi-sources and have them mixed together, etc. Again, you get music, or you get Radar (which is music to the Cardo, even though it might not stream the whole time, it has to keep that channel open).
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    MTS1200S
    Ha don't ask me, but that is a good question. Google Bluetooth input iPhone.*

If someone figures something out that works I'd love to hear about it. *
    Phones only SEND to a BT unit. they do not receive from a BT unit, unless it's a data transfer. Audio is not a data transfer, so no dice. the Cardo is a BT receiver, so the phone can SEND to the cardo. Headphones that are BT enabled are BT receivers. The phone can SEND to the headphones. The cardo is a BT receiver as I said. The Cardo only receives. The headphones only receive. Does this make sense?
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    MTS1200S
    then how does a bluetooth headset with a microphone work?
    That uses a special BT profile called HFP (Hands Free Profile), and has a special back-channel for a microphone (mono-input) only, and ONLY when it can send BT sounds to the unit.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Thanks for the input regarding the sr10. So far I've resigned myself to the earbuds linked to radar and using the cardo for music/comms with its supplied speakers. Seems to work well. Just is overall a little cumbersome and no plugs. *But I may upgrade to wireless plug/phones one day. Or not we'll see, the earbuds do provide a bit of muffling but I'm sure no substantial hearing protection.*

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    You dont want the SR10, you want the SM10.

i've made changes to mine this week, which i''ll test this weekend
    Phone paired to Cardo for music
    Garmin 595 to Cardo for GPS
    Radar Detector as Audio input to GPS

This doesnt give me a bluetooth channel for intercom, but hopefully works for my needs.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIA View Post
    My understanding is that certain BT profiles are recognized within the iPhone, but you cannot go into any
    settings and adjust or use how you want....some androids have different abilities. Apple likes it's their way.
    correct.. that is the jest of it really.. it has been that way for some time, even with the little experience i've had on the matter.

dad has an iphone.. i dont help.

you want the SM10.
    i was looking into this device as well.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 06-21-2019 at 10:43 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I've been researching it and apparently any Bluetooth transmitter will 'override' the packtalk and take priority no matter what position it's paired in. You can push the button on the transmitter and 'pause' it and then your music will function normally but no radar alerts to the ear. Fm radio will work with the transmitter seamlessly.*

I have also researched that the sena sm10 'hub' will work with the cardo and can take two inputs. It's a significant cost and both inputs have to be hardwired into it anyways. So I'm considering/questioning buying a 3.5mm splitter jack and trying my radar in one port and phone hardwired in the other. If that worked I'd get a second mount(shit is getting cluttered now!) and just keep my phone on the dash. I could live with the inconvenience of plugging it in if it meant I had streaming music and radar together. Seems I could 'mix' them by adjusting radar and phone volume? *Maybe? *Seems worth a try possibly for $15 in cables?
    It is the sm10 I was looking into and had mentioned earlier too not the sr10. But the sm10 is a pricey little unit though. Dual pack comms, radar, mount, Bluetooth transmitter, odds and sods wiring, etc, etc. The bleed has got to stop somewhere for me on this setup. So for me it's stopped with the daughters free to me Bluetooth earbuds. I have comms, music, and radar alerts now altogether. And no need to have my phone 'hardwired' to a hub like the sm10.
    Last edited by Squisher; 06-21-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i

This doesnt give me a bluetooth channel for intercom, but hopefully works for my needs.
    I'll be curious to hear how this setup works for you. I'd rather ad a gps unit than a sm10 hub that I'd have to hardwire my phone into.*

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport

Does this mean that you also can't access DMC intercom?

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    I'll be curious to hear how this setup works for you. I'd rather ad a gps unit than a sm10 hub that I'd have to hardwire my phone into.*
    i was away all weekend, I will test it tonight.

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    Does this mean that you also can't access DMC intercom?
    DMC works while using both bluetooth channels.

Bike
    ZX14
    In my mind I was pretty certain it would work. CDG's post along with some anecdotal comments on the net like these ones.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...nto-one-input/

https://superuser.com/questions/1549...nto-one-output

Made me decide not to bother delving further into electronics and risking anything. *I'm a fantastic wrench and very confident in my mechanical abilities, but electrical shit ahhhh. Hate it. *I'd love to hear about anyone's testing of a simple 3.5mm y splitter and sending that signal by Bluetooth transmitter to a packtalk. That would be a cool setup I think. Although it would require the phone mounted on the 'dash' somewhere too I would think.

Just went outside and did a quick test using splitter feeding 2 audio signals into BT transmitter.....the detector and an iPad.......as expected, could hear
    music and radar at same time, but also as suspected, not sure the radar alert would be loud enough when music is cranked up......could really only tell
    with a ride.

But it works, so that leaves some possible options to play with on the cheap if one wants to experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I have a cardo packtalk question for you all.*

So now I've put a bit of time on this system and I've got one main gripe/quirk which I'm curious if anyone else here notices on their cardo or perhaps mine has an issue.*

As I've mentioned a number of times I find the volume level barely acceptable. What I've come to find is when paired in dmc mode the volume is louder than when unpaired. This is with all volume levels set to max through the unit and the app, with the latest firmware and having done a master reset too. So when my wife and I ride together. I regularly ride off ahead and then I pull over to wait. And I can tell when we unpair and re-pair by my music volume. It noticeably decreases when unpaired and then bumps back up when re-paired. I am often pulled over with my bike turned off, so it is easily noticeable and consistent. Does it every time. If I had the volume when paired available to me all the time, I'd be happy with it. As it is it's kind of frustrating me to know it could be louder but isn't because of some reason I'm either not grasping or the functionality of the system? *Or a glitch in my unit?

I have put the description/question to cardo as well and hope to hear something back. If I do I'll update here too. *