Biennial 420 hate thread anyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Biennial 420 hate thread anyone?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    Mark Emery the 'prince of pot' is a girl?

I am disappointed that there wasn't atleast one violent arrest. *

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    Everyone knows other festivals have had to cancel because they couldn't foot the bill. I think the main difference here is that the mayor, given the attendees, fears for the worst.

I get that, and yes there may be vandalism/confrontation from those who showed up but if you put the word out early enough (weeks ago) then 1) less ppl would bother making the trek, and 2) it would be a one-time pain point that could not possibly cost more than what they would pay had it actually taken place. Every subsequent year ppl would know "ok they stopped it last year why would I go this yr when they're saying the same thing".

I don't know much about Kennedy Stewart but ... grow some balls.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    I am disappointed that there wasn't at least one violent arrest. *

yeh pot smokers are a rowdy bunch. alright

i'm trying to read some of the posts with a straight face. It seems this year there was a distinct lack of younger peeps attending..

so we're looking at taxpayers arguing / bitching about other taxpayers, enjoying their civil liberties.

the exact same folks will be back later this year for the fireworks.. and there will be no tiles laid down on the exact same beach nor other near it..

the only difference? there will most likely be arrests, thanks to heavy drinkers in attendance.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-21-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/YZF R3/CBR f4i
    The solution is simple. Ban all large gatherings. The flock will be easier to fleece, I mean control like that.*

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by frontside5 View Post
    I think the main difference here is that the mayor, given the attendees, fears for the worst.
    grow some balls.
    i think some folks may be missing a key point.. if the park board were to grant a 'permit' the organizers would have a much tougher time
    calling it a protest. It would be viewed more like a festival and they would likely be on the hook for further costs. How is it that nobody is putting
    it together on this one, the city / parks board are literally handing them the keys to have at it. How is that for instant karma.?

hell some members of city council have already suggested just lettin' them puff up a storm... Seattle seems to have no problem with it.

In Seattle, a pot protest not unlike Vancouver's enjoys tolerance ó and some support

Vancouver's 420 and Seattle's Hempfest both started small in the '90s, but face different obstacles today

They both came from humble beginnings: small protests against marijuana prohibition where activists smoked weed in public, boldly defying what they considered an unjust law.

But as Vancouver's 420 and Seattle's Hempfest grew into large-scale occasions with vendors, prominent musical acts and tens of thousands of attendees, the Canadian event has drawn scorn and opposition from elected officials, while American politicians have tolerated and even supported the gathering.

Seattle's more permissive approach could be a model for Vancouver, given that marijuana is legal
    now and there are no signs of 420 winding down, said Park Board Commissioner John Irwin.

"My approach is that we permit it. Logically, I think that takes some of the protest steam out of the event,'' he said.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-21-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    The solution is simple. Ban all large gatherings. The flock will be easier to fleece, I mean control like that.*:
    so many solutions, such little time

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    i think some folks may be missing a key point.. if the park board were to grant a 'permit' the organizers would have a much tougher time calling it a protest. It would be viewed more like a festival and they would likely be on the hook for further costs.
    This may be true but I don't buy that you can't stop this iteration. Send a meter-maid type to hand out tickets. Don't even bother with participants just the vendors and organizers. "I see you setting up a booth. In 10 minutes I'm coming back to fine you for operating without a license. The park is closed. In 20 minutes VPD will arrest you for trespassing."
    Maybe not exactly this but you get the idea; losing money or having a record is enough of a threat to get most ppl moving.

"we pay for everything involved except policing.Ē
    A joke. 1) no insurance 2) policing isn't cheap 3) parks board quotes a 250k/yr loss on this. Probably inflated but there is no way the organizers have paid their share.

Bottom line is the money. Most ppl could live with it if they knew it wasn't going to cost them a thing and yes put it on even footing with every other event.
    Last edited by frontside5; 04-21-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Bike
    not gonna go into what the city / park board quotes and for which years.. they combine shit between 2017 and 2018.
    Every time i turn the page there's another yoddle shooting themselves in the foot, contradicting other comments.

according to the organizers insurance is in place, as quoted above. again, if its so easy to just hand out tickets..
    then why did it go off without a hitch? without a single arrest and no fines? IF your fellow taxpayers are so damn
    sketchy and rowdy, why is nobody in jail today? The parks are there for all citizens. You dont get to pick and choose.

i went for a ride today, i did not see any Unicorns out there.. you guys SWEAR they exist

c'mon its like talking to a 2-year old.. over the coming years the model will likely shift to something more inline with whats going on in Seattle.

AND EVEN THEN!! the local NO-FUN-TOWn crowd will still be bitching, whining, and looking for unicorns. talk is cheap

in a week, the new numbers will be released.. y'all can argue about it at such time. There are plenty of things TAX-payer's $
    is epent all over town and noboby bats an eye.. Heck politicians themselves blow $$ out the wazoo and they get a hefty raise because of it.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-21-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid

yeh pot smokers are a rowdy bunch. alright

i'm trying to read some of the posts with a straight face. It seems this year there was a distinct lack of younger peeps attending..

so we're looking at taxpayers arguing / bitching about other taxpayers, enjoying their civil liberties.

the exact same folks will be back later this year for the fireworks.. and there will be no tiles laid down on the exact same beach nor other near it..

the only difference? there will most likely be arrests, thanks to heavy drinkers in attendance.
    Yep, cleaning up spilled potato chips and cheezies is a monumental task. And don't forget about the impact to the grass where many had to lay for a quick nap.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrle1 View Post
    As a taxpayer, and one that is directly footing this bill
    Gee willikers grumpman, that's just so, so sad.

It's unfortunate that you're personally out so much pocket change on this, hopefully you can still manage to keep your head above water. Let me know if you cats/dogs/children must forgo their weekly meal, I'm sure we can start a gofeedme account.

Man, this is just like the annual 'skin grafts for squids' fund, which the BCSB bean-counters have repeatedly insisted, when broken down to the individual 'out of pocket' cost over a full decade... well, let's just say someone is going to fall far short of affording their double-crap-frapaccino at their next bucks' run. Tragedy!
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    As for the attendees to this event, I’ve always categorized people who smoke,,,anything, as selfish boors, who by their habit, infect 100-200 meters downwind everyone else’s right not to smell any kind but fresh air. I always bring up the example of a you g couple sipping a glass of red wine out of a glass at the beach, e everyone within 3 feet oblivious to their illegal act. Same couple smoking anything, forcing everyone downwind to put up with their activity. Complete social miscreants every one of them.
    sadly, this "right not to smell any kind but fresh air" seems to fall flat when it's dirty diesel trucks belching black carcinogens. it's the stinkiest shit in the streets, hands down. But no one seems to care when Suzy Sizzletits saddles up in her overpriced and undertuned 'chipped' dually, not hauling anything but starbucks and screaming kids. It's EVERYWHERE. It stinks. It CAUSES cancer, rather than aid the fight against it.

But oh hey those silly stoners are burning plants, muk muk muk, GIT EM BOZ

Fairly lame attempt at deflection, going after seizes trucks. Obviously you’re doing your part by ridding yourself of internal combustion engines, especially those of leisure, like motorbikes. And of course stepping up by boycotting any products you enjoy in life that were delivered by horrible diesel powered vehicles.

Actually, I’m laughing at you. Hypocrisy is deep, thick, and easy to identity here, as is selfishness, forcing the whole neighbourhood any chance of fresh air, all without any of the hoops any other event must jump through.

Again, I feel sorry for anyone who pays taxes in Van, if the did not vote in the communists of the last 10 years.

Bike
    Honda
    according to the organizers insurance is in place, as quoted above. again, if its so easy to just hand out tickets..
    then why did it go off without a hitch? without a single arrest and no fines?
    You canít believe the organizers about insurance. They also say they pay the costs associated but refuse to pay for policing costs because they donít believe in it. What makes a reasonable person think they wonít pay for expected insurance policies, because itís something they donít believe in?

St Paulís treated 42 people for cannabis related health concerns, mostly related to edibles.

VPD arrested six people.

I feel the major issue is that you have a trade show/party/concert going on in flagrant violation of the rules that all other festivals deal with. This includes permission by the venue operator, paying for policing costs and paying for permits. How the organizers present themselves is as a bunch of people who donít need to follow rules they donít want to and have no concern for other peopleís quality of life. As long as they can spark up then they are happy and thatís all that matters.

If you think Iím anti-cannabis, you couldnít be farther from the truth. The legalization has greatly reduced my paperwork and greatly increased the financial penalties for those that canít follow the rules. Thatís a win/win to me.*
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Fairly lame attempt at deflection, going after diesel trucks.
    Lame, in your lame duck truck?

The nose knows. You can smell the truth behind my statements - if not - I double-dog dare you to take the diesel-huff challenge! Just one, deep, long pull. hold in lungs for 20 seconds.

Spoiler alert: You won't. No one has ever accepted this challenge. You'd have to be a complete fool ignorant of all science, and your very own senses.

but oi vey, industry!
    yes yes, this isn't going away anytime soon - but you can certainly start with the chucklefucks in diesel trucks who don't haul anything of industrial worth, and just use the elevated platform to hang their plastic nuts.

Diesel to be banned from all city centers. Special permits required to maintain operation of outdated combustion engine vehicles. Invest in a greener future, today!

The future is electric, comrade
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    Fairly lame attempt at deflection, going after diesel trucks.
    Lame, in your lame duck truck?

The nose knows. You can smell the truth behind my statements - if not - I double-dog dare you to take the diesel-huff challenge! Just one, deep, long pull. hold in lungs for 20 seconds.

Spoiler alert: You won't. No one has ever accepted this challenge. You'd have to be a complete fool ignorant of all science, and your very own senses.

but oi vey, industry!
    yes yes, this isn't going away anytime soon - but you can certainly start with the chucklefucks in diesel trucks who don't haul anything of industrial worth, and just use the elevated platform to hang their plastic nuts.

Diesel to be banned from all city centers. Special permits required to maintain operation of outdated combustion engine vehicles. Invest in a greener future, today!

The future is electric, comrade

Yeah I was right. Fidel. Hypocrisy is deep and thick with you.

Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    SMELL IT!

Something stinks in Vancouver, and it ain't the weed!

o right, steveG dislikes facts and doesn't ever ever ever click links

> Based on the current health impact analysis, on-road and off-road diesel emissions result in significant and substantial population health impacts and societal costs in Canada via the contribution of DE to ambient concentrations of criteria air contaminants. The modelling undertaken estimates that on-road diesel emissions are associated with 320 premature mortalities for 2015 (valued at $2.3 billion), with 65% and 35% of the estimated mortalities attributable to ambient PM2.5 and NO2, respectively. On-road and off-road diesel emissions are associated with 710 premature mortalities (valued at $5.1 billion), with 65%, 32% and 3% of the estimated mortalities being attributable to ambient PM2.5, NO2 and O3, respectively. Diesel emissions are also associated with significant numbers of acute respiratory symptom days, restricted activity days, asthma symptom days, hospital admissions, emergency room visits, child acute bronchitis episodes and adult chronic bronchitis cases across Canada. Results from the AQBAT simulations for the current assessment suggest that on-road and off-road emissions each contribute approximately equally to population health impacts. The results also indicate that both on-road and off-road diesel applications have significant health impacts in major Canadian urban centres. Diesel emissions have higher health impacts in the most populated provinces, such as British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec, and in the most populated census divisions, which correspond to the Greater Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto and Montrťal areas. The greatest air quality impacts are also observed in those areas. Overall, it is concluded that efforts should continue to further reduce emissions of DE in Canada, particularly in areas with large populations.

tl:dr; diesel stinks
    Last edited by DNAspark99; 04-22-2019 at 02:26 PM.