Biennial 420 hate thread anyone? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Biennial 420 hate thread anyone?

Bike
    RC
    I'd guess that the insurance policy the event holders had was an Adidas bag stuffed with bundles of cash. If a problem came up that would insure they could escape with the proceeds.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    SMELL IT!

Something stinks in Vancouver, and it ain't the weed!

o right, steveG doesn't ever click links

> Based on the current health impact analysis, on-road and off-road diesel emissions result in significant and substantial population health impacts and societal costs in Canada via the contribution of DE to ambient concentrations of criteria air contaminants. The modelling undertaken estimates that on-road diesel emissions are associated with 320 premature mortalities for 2015 (valued at $2.3 billion), with 65% and 35% of the estimated mortalities attributable to ambient PM2.5 and NO2, respectively. On-road and off-road diesel emissions are associated with 710 premature mortalities (valued at $5.1 billion), with 65%, 32% and 3% of the estimated mortalities being attributable to ambient PM2.5, NO2 and O3, respectively. Diesel emissions are also associated with significant numbers of acute respiratory symptom days, restricted activity days, asthma symptom days, hospital admissions, emergency room visits, child acute bronchitis episodes and adult chronic bronchitis cases across Canada. Results from the AQBAT simulations for the current assessment suggest that on-road and off-road emissions each contribute approximately equally to population health impacts. The results also indicate that both on-road and off-road diesel applications have significant health impacts in major Canadian urban centres. Diesel emissions have higher health impacts in the most populated provinces, such as British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec, and in the most populated census divisions, which correspond to the Greater Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto and Montrťal areas. The greatest air quality impacts are also observed in those areas. Overall, it is concluded that efforts should continue to further reduce emissions of DE in Canada, particularly in areas with large populations.

tl:dr; diesel stinks

You must have pulled your hair out during the VW fraudulent envisions scandal?

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    You must have pulled your hair out during the VW fraudulent envisions scandal?
    meh. just always assume corporate corruption and lies, and you'll almost never be disappointed
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'd guess that the insurance policy the event holders had was an Adidas bag stuffed with bundles of cash. If a problem came up that would insure they could escape with the proceeds.
    regardless of all the BS back and forth its truly a moot point as NOTHING HAPPENED!! nothing went wrong, nobody died.

All i keep hearing from council is a bunch of rhetoric, the fact is THEY want CONTROL!
    it has jack-shit to do with some dumb by-law not allowing 'cigarette smoke' in parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post

St Paulís treated 42 people for cannabis related health concerns, mostly related to edibles.
    Of course they did, its to be expected..

have you ever had any type of 'edible' with cannabis content? most people who have not, will have 'concerns'..

i believe the organizers mentioned St Pauls concerns, and they donated $$ directly to them because of this.. A little selective reading perhaps?

in regards to INSURANCE, i believe you should adjust your post.. YOU cant believe the organizers,
    because YOU think they dont believe in it.. it appears you would be mistaken.

Personally, i have no reason to doubt the event was 'insured'.. Cypress Hill would otherwise not have played..
    The park board shook their fist on the air sighting a possible 'stage' catastrophe, uhmm.. Cypress Hill played on that same stage, nothing happened.

I've got friends who were backstage all day long.

Dana Larsen, an organizer with 420, said finding a company to insure an event that does not have a permit has historically been a challenge.

"It's very hard to get insurance when you don't have a permit, [it's] one of the many ways in which
    the park board refusing us a permit puts them, as well, in a situation of liability."

He said the city will also be held responsible if something goes wrong.

Larsen declined to say which company insured the event.

So, now you're gonna tell me there were no other motives for the CITY / PARKs BOARD to deny a permit?
    then a few days prior to the actual event the PARKS BOARD decided to vote against CYPRESS HILL playing?

you think maybe something backfired with the original plan, and perhaps Larsen is not lying, insurance was provided regardless of the CITY's efforts?

all i'm saying is a whole LOT of all these arguments posted rely heavily on the imaginary, on
    paranoia, on a general distrust of organizers and the event itself.. very little is actually based on fact.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-22-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    I had to do a little digging for a proper report.. ( i see no mention of any actual arrests, so who knows if even related)

This evening, Vancouver police said they were busy managing a large crowd at 4/20, but also revealed that there were no major incidents.

According to a VPD news release, officers assisted B.C. Emergency Health Services with 14 medical emergencies.

The VPD also issued more than 30 tickets and three people were investigated for impaired driving.

"Today was a good example of remarkable teamwork between the Vancouver Police, fellow first responders, the Vancouver park board, and the City of Vancouver, allowing for a safe environment during a large-scale event," Sgt. Jason Robillard, a VPD spokesperson, said.

According to the VPD, the crowd peaked at around 60,000 just before 4:30 p.m., when the band Cypress Hill took the stage.

A 4/20 organizer, Dana Larsen, pegged the peak*at 65,000 and claimed that the event drew 150,000 through the day.
    He also declared over Twitter that the VPD has praised the private security at 4/20.

Dana Larsen

VPD told me our private security was great and that Odyssey Medical was fantastic. Said only problem was a few more drunks showed up than last year. They have no problems with 4/20 and seem to enjoy our protest.

Clean up is going really well, things looking great already.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-22-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    Honda
    Well someone has drank deeply at the well of Dana Larsen and the Emoryís proclamations.

Apparently all was well, nobody upset, VPD didnít arrest anyone and thought the security was perfect, people who went to St Paulsís were only there because they were ďconcernedĒ. *Since the parties who put on the show, all unbiased and beyond reproach, provided this information and said everything was okey dokey then thatís what it was. Iím sure all of them maintained sobriety throughout the day as to ensure everything went safely and smoothly and were then able to provide such accurate reports. Too bad that Sunset Beach is closed for several weeks to repair the damage that was done. Iím sure the organizers have a perfect reason for that as well.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    OK lots of people stating that the VPA "made no arrests" ??? when was the last time the VPA made any drug arrests at all ? Vancouver has been a drug enabling city for decades.....
    I have other "vises" but I really do not understand why the people who must get high to live demand respect but refuse to follow any laws? the classic being my rights as a non smoker are irrelevant. The stuff is legal but they seem to still have the us vs the man mentality.
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Iím sure the organizers have a perfect reason for that as well.
    they will blame "the man" who is in a constant state of oppressing them for getting high

Bike
    RC
    My drug of choice is a motorcycle on a paved track. Until the powers that be give me some harm reduction I won't shed a tear for the folk who feel boxed in by the man.

Paved track, not something scabbed onto a drag strip lined with cement and armaco. Not some millionaire private club. One decent track equal or better than Westwood for all of the province. Just one.
    Fill the house with bees.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Should sneak one in on the Massey tunnel replacement. *Just put the line item as environmental impact study phase 5. *No one would bat an eye.

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by thekaz View Post
    OK lots of people stating that the VPA "made no arrests" ??? when was the last time the VPA made any drug arrests at all ? Vancouver has been a drug enabling city for decades.....
    I have other "vises" but I really do not understand why the people who must get high to live demand respect but refuse to follow any laws? the classic being my rights as a non smoker are irrelevant. The stuff is legal but they seem to still have the us vs the man mentality.

Completely agree. They are acting like they are above everyone. Screw them.

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    The stuff is legal but they seem to still have the us vs the man mentality.
    It's "not legal enough". And the dynamic Larson/Emery duo don't want the spotlight to go away. if your whole life has been dedicated to being a pot activist, what do you do now that it's legal?*

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    if your whole life has been dedicated to being a pot activist, what do you do now that it's legal?*
    worthy people would chose another battle ..... like say the battle for the lives of drug addicts

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    if your whole life has been dedicated to being a pot activist, what do you do now that it's legal?*
    worthy people would chose another battle ..... like say the battle for the lives of drug addicts
    Again, completely agree.