Biennial 420 hate thread anyone?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Biennial 420 hate thread anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw

Biennial 420 hate thread anyone?

Looks like cypress hill is bringing the pain, or the rukus, or whatever cypress hill brings this year.

*https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...cert-1.5098208

I think we need to get the DTES crowd down there for a cojoined heroin/fentanyl festival. *Why the heck not.*

Bike
    2001 ZX12R .................... 2005 ST1300A
    just a bunch of people who must get high to live wanting to get high in public because they think its kool ...... if they all died of an overdose would anyone really care ?
    < spell chequer is totally bustimacated >

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    this is 2019, 'cmon now, be reasonable! It's high-time to be fair and equitable in your hate - share it with everyone and everything - after all, they've probably earned it!

SO: fuck the stoners, the boozers, the winers, the diners, the eaters, the bleeders, the dog walkers, the dog owners, the dogs themselves, and even the cats
    fuck the politicians and the plebs, the right and the left, the top, the bottom, the center, and the all around, and the in betweens
    fuck the scientists, the deniers, the uncertain, the sure footed, and the loose-lipped
    fuck the trucks, fuck the cars, and fuck the motorcycle riders most of all
    -fuck the police- (mandatory)
    oh and fuck BCSB; fuck it's users, it's moderators, and it's bots. the worst buy&sell for worthless crap on the net.

meh, still not enough. needs more hate fucks, but it appears I'm all out of fucks to give.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Original Pirate Material Array TMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 250 Supersport
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    this is 2019, 'cmon now, be reasonable! It's high-time to be fair and equitable in your hate - share it with everyone and everything - after all, they've probably earned it!

SO: fuck the stoners, the boozers, the winers, the diners, the eaters, the bleeders, the dog walkers, the dog owners, the dogs themselves, and even the cats
    fuck the politicians and the plebs, the right and the left, the top, the bottom, the center, and the all around, and the in betweens
    fuck the scientists, the deniers, the uncertain, the sure footed, and the loose-lipped
    oh and fuck BCSB; fuck it's users, it's moderators, and it's bots. the worst buy&sell for worthless crap on the net.

meh, still not enough. needs more hate fucks, but it appears I'm all out of fucks to give.
    Fuck you all!

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post

thank you for your service...

honestly, so yeah no shit its Vancouver.. peeps gonna get stoned, and they're gonna do it IN PUBLIC because it is STILL
    illegal to smoke IN PUBLIC!! i say all the more power to them.. and oh yeah, good luck stopping Cypress Hill from playing..

i'm sure they'll have a big fat blunt just before they go onstage!!

in case some folks still havent figured it out.. if you are Canadian, and home-less..
    you will be breaking the law every time you take a hit.

i love how the city just keeps on bitching about cost of providing a police presence.
    y'all realize the event organizers have their own security , dont you? yes its all paid for.

so why the need to blow money out the wazoo on coppers? sure its to protect the young,
    wouldnt want some teenager getting a hold of 'illegal' edibles would you.. LOL

unfortunately we are now two feet firmly planted in a world of Political Correctness with just a touch of 'passive aggressiveness'..

does anybody still buy into the media bullshit? i certainly hope not..

Quote Originally Posted by thekaz View Post
    just a bunch of people who must get high to live wanting to get high in public because they think its kool .....
    ignorance runs rampant.. because the ignorant think its cool to be, well.. ignorant

in case its still unclear as to why Cypress Hill is headlining.. its the 25th Anniversary..

those who dont geddit, have no reason to show up.. problem solved
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-18-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    The city still has to foot the bill for clean up and repairs. This used to be a celebration/protest/whatever and no its completely irrelevant. I say shut it down
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    The city still has to foot the bill for clean up and repairs. This used to be a celebration/protest/whatever and no its completely irrelevant. I say shut it down
    uhm..
    from 2018, April 21st:

Dana Larsen, another Vancouver 4/20 organizer, said the event is willing to foot the bill for city and Park Board expenses.

He expects to pay the City of Vancouver about $20,000 and reimburse the Park Board somewhere between $10,000 and $20,000.

“We’ve got a lot of work to do tonight to get this place cleaned up,” he told CTV News toward the end of the festival.

... disclaimer: i have no horse in this race, i'm a rider; and I've never attended one of these.
    Dont (angry post) quote me, but i believe they put up $60k in total for last years.

i dont see why 2019 would be any different, if anything they'll be more organized as they're clearly under the microscope.

i know, i know.. shut it down anyways right?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    buys the permits, pays the police costs
    we geddit.. everybody hates a good party.

i think the point of having this type of celebrations is NOT to have a huge police presence.. which is
    why the event pays for its own security.. the jackets do not say "VPD 420 Grad of 2019" on the back
    Last edited by bacchus40; 04-20-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Fucking potheads. I think the cops should tear gas em and beat em with shields and batons. Get the people in line.*

Yah we smoke pot so let's trash a park. *

Bike
    ummm
    If this group steps up to the plate like every other celebration , buys the permits, pays the police costs, repairs the public parklands, etc, they should be able to go ahead. The regressive left city hall has u fortunately been gutless from the start on this file, and basically I’m laughing out loud at Van City tax payers,,, hope it feels good getting it up the ass, you stupid voters.

As for the attendees to this event, I’ve always categorized people who smoke,,,anything, as selfish boors, who by their habit, infect 100-200 meters downwind everyone else’s right not to smell any kind but fresh air. I always bring up the example of a you g couple sipping a glass of red wine out of a glass at the beach, e everyone within 3 feet oblivious to their illegal act. Same couple smoking anything, forcing everyone downwind to put up with their activity. Complete social miscreants every one of them.

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    As for the attendees to this event, I’ve always categorized people who smoke,,,anything, as selfish boors, who by their habit, infect 100-200 meters downwind everyone else’s right not to smell any kind but fresh air. I always bring up the example of a you g couple sipping a glass of red wine out of a glass at the beach, e everyone within 3 feet oblivious to their illegal act. Same couple smoking anything, forcing everyone downwind to put up with their activity. Complete social miscreants every one of them.
    sadly, this "right not to smell any kind but fresh air" seems to fall flat when it's dirty diesel trucks belching black carcinogens. it's the stinkiest shit in the streets, hands down. But no one seems to care when Suzy Sizzletits saddles up in her overpriced and undertuned 'chipped' dually, not hauling anything but starbucks and screaming kids. It's EVERYWHERE. It stinks. It CAUSES cancer, rather than aid the fight against it.

But oh hey those silly stoners are burning plants, muk muk muk, GIT EM BOZ
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Saying they're paying for their own security so the police aren't needed is laughable. Every permitted event requires added police and pays for it. The private security's efforts to prevent sales to kids in past years has not been adequate.*

It's also laughable for the city/parks board to say they can't prevent Cypress Hill from playing. I've worked in live events my whole career; no stage, no PA, no temporary power= no concert. It would be very easy to prevent the setup of this event.*

Seattle has been doing this much more successfully for decades and they have a model worth looking at. There's an argument to give this festival a permit so it could be fully accountable, which has some merit. Of course if the 420 organizers were actually on the hook for full cost of the event, there's no way they could operate. That's why large festivals like this have a huge list of sponsors.

But mostly I'm really disappointed in the city and parks board year after year just bending over for this event. Like what's the point of having a permit process if anyone can just steamroll it?*

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    I think the parks board is pissed because they can’t mobilize the police and therefore can’t enforce anything.

What would be within their mandate and abilities is spreading 3 inches of fresh pig shit on the entire site the night before.*

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    What would be within their mandate and abilities is spreading 3 inches of fresh pig shit on the entire site the night before.*
    *not sure which would generate more complaints from the locals. **

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Squint View Post
    It's also laughable for the city/parks board to say they can't prevent Cypress Hill from playing. I've worked in live events my whole career; no stage, no PA, no temporary power= no concert. It would be very easy to prevent the setup of this event.*
    apparently not so easy.. after-all.. not ONE single arrest, the show went on as planned..

the whole police presence thing has been explained, over, and over, and over.. and yep.. ignorance appears to be bliss.
    call me crazy, but just how many peaceful protests 'organized or otherwise' are you aware that pay local police in order to carry out or stage 'a protest'. ?

seeing as nobody really gives a shit about facts.. here's a few:

On Saturday, 4-20 organizer Dana Larsen said he was proud of the event going forward and that attendees weren’t being turned off by the controversy.

“4-20 is now what it’s always been: a celebration of the cannabis plant and cannabis culture and a protest against the stigmatization and criminalization of cannabis users and growers,” he said.

“That stigma is continuing to this day despite the quasi-legalization that we’ve been given.”

On Friday, Vancouver Coun. Melissa De Genova announced that she plans to file a motion Wednesday calling for vendors and contractors at the event to cover the costs incurred by the city.

“The organizers hold themselves above (the rules) and choose what they want to pay, and I think it’s time to take a stand against that, considering cannabis is legal.”

De Genova also says organizers have not obtained insurance for the event, despite assurances from Larsen and fellow organizer Jeremiah Vandermeer that they have the proper insurance.

Earlier Saturday, cannabis advocate and event spokesperson Jodie Emery said the motion doesn’t make sense.

“Melissa doesn’t need to file a motion. We always pay the bill,” Emery said. “We pay for the aquatic centre closing, we pay for the concession closing, we pay for park staff and city staff, we pay for everything involved except policing.
    Emery said the 4-20 Vancouver Society will release the total costs of the event following Saturday, including how much they paid for medical and sanitation services.

more fun facts: (despite not being granted a permit, all costs are covered)
    Every year, the Vancouver Park Board denies organizers a permit, citing the bylaw against smoking in city parks.

This is the only protest in the city to cover any kinds of expenses—no other protest that I know of is willing to cover them," Larsen said. "It certainly makes 4/20 unique."

As another first, 4/20 organizers will also donate $4,200 to the Saint Paul's Hospital Foundation, and another $4,200 for the Vancouver Firefighters Snacks for Kids program.

even more facts?:

The big concern last year was keeping the grass (on the ground) from being trampled — it turned into a mud pit the previous year costing thousands of dollars to be reseeded.People setting up put down large sheets of plywood as volunteers and organizers set up the main stage — then will come about $30,000-worth of protective tiles.

They are the same kind of tiles used last year, says organizer Dana Larsen. He says they’re bringing as much turf protection as they can.

“It’s pretty much all the material we can get in the Lower Mainland, and it’s enough to cover the area that we need, so it’s going to be about the same, or maybe a little more this year,” he says.
    RELATED: Despite attempts to suppress 4/20, organizers dig their heels in, maintain event is a protest

“We’re hoping with our turf protection, and with the good weather, that any shutdown in the park is as short and as painless as possible.”

early shot of setup as it got underway..

Seems to me they're trying pretty damn hard to be conscientious, but what do i know? I rode the canyon today

Last edited by bacchus40; 04-20-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Bike
    04 SV650
    You see this is bull crap that Emery and Larsen have been saying ever since it moved down to sunset beach. 1st few years they didnt give any money at all to the park board or city of Van. Then 2 years ago, they gave some laughable amount. Last year they gave $25K or something like that, but taxpayers still had to foot way over $100K. As a taxpayer, and one that is directly footing this bill, I wish I could take these 2 fools and give them a swift kick in the junk (even though that idiot Emery is a female) over and over and over again, until they never think about organizing this crap again. If I am walking in the park, and I light up a cigarette or cigar, someone would report me, and I would get fined within minutes. Why are these fucktards allowed to break that law (among many others as well) If they want to do this they should cover every penny of it, get proper location, get proper permits and not be complete useless idiots.

As for that cover, they had it last year, and park was still destroyed. It didnt cover even a 10th of a whole area that was used.