Craigslist Vehicle History Report Scam

Thread: Craigslist Vehicle History Report Scam

Bike
    2010 Versys

Craigslist Vehicle History Report Scam

I'm trying to sell my beloved right now and put out ads on Craigslist, Kijiji, Castanet and Facebook so far. Some interest, and some scammers out there. Here is one to watch out for. I flagged them as scammers on Craigslist today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    I came across your ad on CL, I really like the bike and I’m interested in it. Can you tell me does the bike have any mechanical problems? Also, if you could send me more pictures and a history report, I would really appreciate it! Could I maybe come to see the bike in person? Are you firm on the price?

Hope to see a reply from you soon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I replied and also told them the Vehicle Registration Report is the buyer's responsibility
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the reply. I have a really long drive to you so i want to make sure everything is fine with the bike, before I come. That's the reason i asked for report.

Could you send me one from vin-up.us because my mechanic told me to ask for that one and since I asked for it i am going to repay you when i come to see the bike.

If you send me the report and if everything is in good order, I can come on Thursday so we can discuss about price and finalize everything.

Please let me know what you think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I replied:

I will tell you what I think.

I think you are trolling Craigslist in order to solicit business for a fake vehicle registration service, and have no interest in my bike.

Do not contact me. You have wasted enough of my time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch out people, the internet is a dangerous place..
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Bike
    RC
    Ok fine! I will send monies cheque now. It must be for more dollars than sale price so please send back excess funds.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    ZX14
    Funny, have never asked for, been asked or considered a carfax type report for a bike.*

Pretty much every time I've sold a vehicle on CL I'll get at least one scam attempt.....always obvious like above. *
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **