BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Moregon May 28-30 2019

9K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  jeckyll 
#1 ·
Tentatively scheduled for June but keeping an eye on the weather for a May ride. First day is a long one 1000 km to Baker City. Most on here know the ride for a more detailed description - https://forum.dualsportbc.com/forum...venture-rides/352099-moregon-2019-adv-version

Been riding offroad a lot so not on this forum much these days but thinking to get a twisties fix in before the smoke arrives. I will be doing a little gravel on Day 2 so its a 2 night stay in Baker City so that one can choose any one of the many great day rides for the second day of riding the rest of the ride will be pavement.

This post has been deleted
#4 · (Edited)
thanks for posting.. i'm thinking more Northern California this year.. I am not sure where the R1 situation will be
but i'm not planning on any trips May - June... i'm looking at July or August even. I had considered Trailering down
but since engine work may still be ongoing then, i might just hit the road on the Raider and find a campground in Redding.
Better get it in while you can I have one word of caution SMOKE. I was up on Baker today and there is less than half the snow pack there was last year it could get nasty by July this year.

#3 ·
I'm getting "Invalid File Specified" on all your links off dualsportbc...

#5 · (Edited)
Strange the link works for me. You can go onto dualsportbc.com and find the Adventure rides column and you can view the thread there. you will know the entire route i bet. Ignore the thread in the up coming rides as the one of the moderators screwed that one up the thread with the route description is in the Adventure rides section.

#18 ·
Tried to wheelie over a snow drift didnt work out for me.

The ride in 2017 had great road conditions it was too early for this ride this year. the weather in eastern Oregon has been cold and wet the locals were telling us. The dirty road conditions confirmed the weather reports snow at 5000 ft every where we went, wet sections or a puff of dust coming off the back tire of the bike in the lead. It was an ADV bike ride would of been no good on a sport bike kept our speeds down so I actually enjoyed the scenery everything was so green compared to 2017. The only section that was clean was from Fossil to Shaniko got to lean the bike over a bit there. may have to do do the sportbike version again in a few months. :)

BTW - Middle Fork Rd has new smooth blacktop with double yellow lines now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.