BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Don't you wish WSBK TV coverage was better? ( spoiler alert)

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Young Lion 
#1 ·
OK, so Alvaro is capable of not winning too.. but the story of Imola Race 1 was Toprak Razgatlioglu working his way forward to the podium, with plenty of passes, re-passes, and a LOT of really hard racing... most of which the TV producers team missed! He's a great guy to watch on track, with a style that has him totally throwing the bike around. But the WSBK 'pattern' seemz to be to follow the action at the front until that settles down, then work your way back thru the field. That's OK, except that 'battles' are more interesting than 'scripts'.

Anyway, maybe tomorrow the guy who pushes the switches to determine which of the camera feeds gets to us will pay more attention to what happening on track...

#2 ·
I don't mind the coverage of WorldSBK and the commentary is pretty good.
I more wish that there was a better way to watch WSBK than connecting my laptop to my TV.
With MotoGP the app has full live race videos that can cast, and I just found their app is now on the firestick too.

I remember coverage when I was in Scotland last month it was a different feel watching the BTSport version of WSBK in Assen and MotoGP in Austin.

#4 ·
but the story of Imola Race 1 was Toprak Razgatlioglu working his way forward to the podium, with plenty of passes, re-passes, and a LOT of really hard racing... most of which the TV producers team missed! He's a great guy to watch on track, with a style that has him totally throwing the bike around.
After an impressive round in France and lots of TV time, Toprak is off to Yamaha for next season. http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/201...Pata+Yamaha+for+2020+championship+challenge+0
Still a chance for him to capture third for Kawi before this season is done.

#5 ·
That deal was done shortly after they (Kawi) left him hanging at Suzuka - didn't go over so well with Bossman Sofa-Glue so he starting answering those phone calls from Yamaha.

Can't wait to see the kid on the R1 next year now that they've closed the performance gap this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.