BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Rider down in Lavington.

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Squisher 
#1 ·
Woke up this morning to sirens. Went to bed last night hearing a dirtbike tearing it up on the crossroad about 200m from the end of my driveway.

Sad and close to home. My wife and I were lying on the couch last night and heard the bike tearing down the road. My wife looked at me and said 'vroom vroom'. As someone was giving er. Never heard the crash otherwise I would've checked things out. I'm a level 3 industrial first aid and may have been able to help. Body was found early this morning around 8am.

Looks to me like they blew the stop sign and didn't know the lay of the land and lost it into the railway frontage. Bike was a Honda aluminum framed dirtbike, rider was covered with a tarp. Didn't want to gawk to much at the whole scene.

Just wanted to vent a bit. This hits pretty close to home literally and figuratively. My wife and I ride dirt and street and this is basically just past where my land ends and at the bottom of what I refer to as wheelie hill where I practice wheelies on my way home. I drive/walk/ride by the spot everyday.

I guess i just post this to say. It's a lot of fun we all have but everyone just be careful/use some common sense too. Make sure someone knows where you are at/what you're doing.

Ride safe.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think back to my younger days and am amazed I made it to now. As motorcycling is a primarily male activity, and younger males ....... we are/were pretty well as thick as bricks and completely assured we knew everything and were the best at it.

I have slowed down immensely over the past 15 yrs ...... but it still took a long time to smarten up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.