NBD - 2019 Kawasaki H2 SX - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NBD - 2019 Kawasaki H2 SX

Bike
    CB 500X
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post

the Big Goldwing with the way the engine sits, is just too damn uncomfortable for me.
    i've sat on one a few times and ive never felt a need for a test ride. Now, if they throw
    in a hot trophy wife, thats another story.
    I was wondering about the bike because it made CDG's list. Last Saturday, my trophy wife and I looked at (but didn't ride) the 2019 Gold Wing at Penticton Honda. It's built for comfort and the tour model is absolutely perfect for two-up riding. DCT is supposed to be excellent and an electric reverse is a great feature.

Honda has made some good changes to this bike in 2019, and it's a clear departure from the Gold Wing land yacht of past. Good job Honda.
    Last edited by Redhawk; 10-10-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post

Honda has made some good changes to this bike in 2019, and it's a clear departure from the Gold Wing land yacht of past. Good job Honda.
    i was hoping to get a much closer look a week ago while doing an over-night ride south but
    we were tight for time, they're closed on Sundays so it didnt happen on return

i find the engine placement, resulting seating position specifically, a 'deal breaker'..
    and going by pictures, that has not changed... (see attached, it literally hurts just seeing that)
    (goldwing is still very much a land yacht.)

i've got a bad knee, shifter side, the Raider S allows me to stretch , relax on longer trips..

i dig the looks for what it is, but i'd probably be much happier on the new YAMAHA ELUDER,
    specially considering it has the new/improved version of my engine, with a 6th gear no less!

its no surprise i'll quicker trade in my Raider on one then toss a leg over the H2-SX.. both are high on the list though.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by bacchus40; 10-11-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    Smart? No. Choice? Yes. I did the same thing, not because my 14R needed it, but because I wanted to. Does that make me non-smart?
    ** i just realized my browser kinda took a crapper and i had not seen any of these posts, comments. weird.

choice, yes... it is a choice you're right. that is kind of the given, i'm not sure why there's such hostility toward somebody else making
    a choice which works for them and they are happy with. It seems a little odd to me that we have to repeatedly revisit the fact
    everybody rides their own ride and none of us are about to trade on something you have ridden and were happy /with, yourself.

point is, the forum member i mention is keeping his bike for the foreseeable future and appears to have no need to question
    said decision. does this automatically mean whatever you've decided to do is a 'not smart' approach.. that is a very odd question to ask,
    i never know how to respond to this, thats kind of up to you as well to decide isnt it? Would it work for me? nope, would i purchase
    said bike from you if it had not been re-flash / tuned ? uhmm, i didnt even know you sold it! hahaha, no i was not in the market.

in regards to the other comments, im making a direct easy to read comparison using HP numbers only because its a much quicker
    way to draw attention to differences. In fact there are several other threads and posts which seem to brag about those other
    bikes based purely on HP peak numbers, and you seemed ok with those remarks in those particular situations. its literally just
    so the masses can understand whats being said.

I actually spoke of this exact same thing with dad while we were having breakfast after an over night ride, something we do
    often, yes we are both more into longer rides than riding locally.. So sue me, he's a mechanic and i'm an electronic(s)
    technician, all our conversations invariably circle back to engine power output and other comparisons. What were you
    expecting me to post about? i can only talk about comfortable seating options and heated grips for so long.

Maybe it just runs in the blood, but given what we know a supercharger can do, and what has already been proven with
    charts, and videos, review conversations, yada yada yada, I can only tell you that as a mechanic, even dad is confused
    at the end results and the look of the oem dyno run.. It seems more often than not with the great progression of all
    good things Technology, the final output in newer motorcycles & sportbikes is generally, a bigger number at the very least.
    we get to see it on a dyno chart. It literally just seems odd all the promo videos from Kawasaki continue to outright brag about 200hp
    and yet at least it seems the cpu itself shits the bed on a good chunk of that. Since the comparison to other sportbikes
    will continue to be made, then its a little odd those engines (without the use of a supercharger) are making much closer
    to 190 or 200HP at the rear wheel, yes of course thats a peak number but its not like its going to make 50hp right up
    to 10k rpm and then suddenly oh look 200rwhp!! c'mon seriously we are all aware you wont be riding on 200hp the entire
    time you're riding, that should be pretty obvious.

again, please dont take the comments so personally, i have absolutely no need to question your decisions, i'm sure you can
    understand i can only post of our own collective experiences, meaning that of myself along with close friends weather local or abroad.

i only own two bikes, and both of them are re-flashed and maintained in a good state of tune,
    i dont have much experience in riding purely stock motorcycles for long after purchase.

I doubt you sat on the new goldwing. Totally different bike
    as i mentioned, it was part of 'the plan' recently but i was not about to disrupt our riding schedule just to do so, opportunity did not materialize.

i'm perfectly ok with that... i'm sure it will continue to evolve, but its not a bike i'd be interested on.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 10-14-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Bike
    ZX14
    Makes perfect sense to me. 🤷🏼*♂️
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    1190 ktm gsx-r 1k
    NBD ? What the fuck is NBD and why is it so fucking hard to at least write it down ONCE so a guy can follow ? Not Bad Dickhead
    I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

Bike
    baahahahahahaaaha.... wicked post! still not telling yah what it means!

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    NBD = New Bike Day.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    NBD = New Bike Day.

there he is

California dreamin' Array KatRider's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Quote Originally Posted by PH-Q2 View Post
    NBD ? What the fuck is NBD and why is it so fucking hard to at least write it down ONCE so a guy can follow ? Not Bad Dickhead
    Your take on the NBD acronym will come in handy in the future, I'm sure.
    Work sucks -- let's go riding!

Bike
    1190 ktm gsx-r 1k
    Quote Originally Posted by KatRider View Post
    Your take on the NBD acronym will come in handy in the future, I'm sure.
    No Shit Sherlock.....TIHTATMLOUA (Thanks I'll Have to Add That to My Library Of Useless Acronyms)
    I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

Bike
    RC
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike

Bike
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    I'm a bit late, but congrats on the new bike!
    Reformatted to fit your screen.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Moderator..............haha, nice to see you here again
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    2004 R1, 2005 DL1000 V-Strom
    Moderator..............haha, nice to see you here again
    I was playing hard to get.
    Reformatted to fit your screen.