New 2020 Supercharged Kawasaki
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2020 Supercharged Kawasaki

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX

New 2020 Supercharged Kawasaki

Rumor has it it will be a naked. A Z900? A Z1000? Or even the 2020 H1. I guess we will know on October 23rd.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EoTPXJKS6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGzCI1IlFI
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Honda
    I hear there is a lot of throttle lag and it needs an new ECU ..........
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    2016 CBR1000RR-SP
    I don't know what any of this means but it seems kool.
    Name:  vzuj3glphq_supercharged_engine_80.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  6.1 KB
    Supercharged Engine
    Drawing on the know-how and technology possessed by the KHI Group, Kawasaki’s supercharged engine delivers high engine output while maintaining a compact design. The key to achieving this incredible performance lies in the engine’s supercharger – a motorcycle-specific unit designed completely in-house with technology from Kawasaki’s Gas Turbine & Machinery Company, Aerospace Company and Corporate Technology Division.

One of the greatest benefits of designing the supercharger in-house and tailoring its design to match the engine’s characteristics was that engineers were able to achieve high-efficiency operation over a wide range of conditions – something that would not have been possible by simply dropping in or trying to adapt an aftermarket automotive supercharger.

The importance of high efficiency in a supercharger is that, as the air is compressed, power-robbing heat gain is minimal. And while many superchargers are able to offer high-efficiency operation in a very limited range of conditions, Kawasaki’s supercharger offers high efficiency over a wide range of pressure ratios and flow rates – meaning over a wide range of engine speeds and vehicle speeds. This wide range of efficient operation (similar to having a wide power band) easily translates to strong acceleration. The supercharger’s high efficiency and minimal heat gain also meant that an intercooler was unnecessary, greatly saving weight and space, and enabling the engine’s compact design.
    ---------------------------
    Now... bring me that horizon.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    I hear there is a lot of throttle lag and it needs an new ECU ..........
    Savage, so mean...

Would love to see it on a smaller displacement model like a Z650 or something cool but it'll be at least a 900 I'm guessing.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    Savage, so mean...

Would love to see it on a smaller displacement model like a Z650 or something cool but it'll be at least a 900 I'm guessing.
    You could probably use a new bike .....
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    what i've heard is that this is a 1000. The next series is S and will be 600cc.

Bike
    Again - so much hate for someone who lives in such a great town and has such a loving wife.

I'm set with my budget middleweight - bring on all comers baby - Flashed Star Raiders, 243hp H2 SX's - you name it.

C.C.

Bike
    Yup - I've read a Z1000 as well, but I hesitate only because I also read a lot about the H2R being a 600 during those million teaser vid's Kawi released before hand LOL...

C.C.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14

i can laugh a little at this cant I?

I'm set with my budget middleweight - bring on all comers baby - Flashed Star Raiders -, 243hp H2 SX's - you name it.
    hahahahahah, well done

them's fighting words, tell you what.. come spring time it will be a while since i've been to Tofino..

i'll have to drop you a line when i hop over-there..
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post

i can laugh a little at this cant I?

hahahahahah, well done

them's fighting words, tell you what.. come spring time it will be a while since i've been to Tofino..

i'll have to drop you a line when i hop over-there..
    I'm an Admitted and well documented bike whore - I can take the shit slinging. You'd think it was a crime bouncing from one bike to the next trying to single handedly keep the 2-wheeled powersports industry afloat the way these yahoo's poke fun of me.

Tofino is too far for me - I'm only allowed a 200km radius otherwise my ankle bracelet shoots a zillion volts through me and nobody likes the smell of burning Sidi boots.

Port Renfrew and we have a deal. I'll ride with one hand only and you pick which gear I can use - 3rd or 4th. Oh, and tell me how you like your coffee and I'll have it ready for you when you get there.

C.C.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    I'll ride with one hand only and you pick which gear I can use - 3rd or 4th. Oh, and tell me how you like your coffee and I'll have it ready for you when you get there.
    hahahaha, classic..

Tofino too far? you do realize its within the boundaries of Vancouver Island.. How do you even live with yourself
    (tongue firmly planted on cheek).

boy you really know how to confuse a main-lander. if it makes you feel any better i did hop a ferry twice over the weekend. But we rode south
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Bring back the 750 I say. A 750 supercharged would make sense. I'm not so sure how another 1000cc supercharged bike makes sense in the lineup. A 200hp naked?
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Well speaking of middle weights, i'm hoping Aprilia does a 660 Tuono on the new platform. That would be a bike that would really interest me.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    Well speaking of middle weights, i'm hoping Aprilia does a 660 Tuono on the new platform. That would be a bike that would really interest me.
    100hp-ish middleweight Parallel twin naked that's 80-90lbs less than the 1100 - Sounds like KTM already built it and called it the 790 Duke.

C.C.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    hahahaha, classic..

Tofino too far? you do realize its within the boundaries of Vancouver Island.. How do you even live with yourself
    (tongue firmly planted on cheek).
    Didn't do Tofino this year due to all of the road construction and delays, but next year...

C.C.