New 2020 Supercharged Kawasaki - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New 2020 Supercharged Kawasaki

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    100hp-ish middleweight Parallel twin naked that's 80-90lbs less than the 1100 - Sounds like KTM already built it and called it the 790 Duke.
    i didnt say base model suspension, and high maintenance costs

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    i didnt say base model suspension, and high maintenance costs
    Okay, fair point on the suspension but as a counter point I'd say that almost all owners of Tuono's swap out the boingers as well for Factory spec or RSV units, so there's that...

High maintenance costs though I'll call BS.

- First service at 1000kms - $300 and includes ECU update and the use of Motorex full synthetic oil.
    - Next service is at 11,000kms and is the same basic service costing $300ish.
    - Next service is the same at 21,000kms
    - Then valves are due at 4th service or 30k - whatever comes first.

Oh, and a 2 year warranty rather than Ape's 1 year so that's an added bonus.

Interesting to see the RS660 MSRP as well as the Duke 790 is 11,999 and can be had for $10,999 so the $1,900 I put into suspension will still likely put in under where the Italian bikes would be.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    I know a few Tuono riders, and i'm the only one who's swapped out any suspension components, and based off my time on the Af1 forums, I think your assessment there is quite inaccurate.
    From what i've read online (and maybe only related to early production units), is that the 790 motors has had quite a few issues, with oil leaks being very common.

I'd also guess that stock adjustable Sachs is much better than the completely non-adjustable WP units.

but RS660 to Mini-Duke is an apples to orange comparison.

Bike
    I know a few Tuono riders, and i'm the only one who's swapped out any suspension components, and based off my time on the Af1 forums, I think your assessment there is quite inaccurate.
    From what i've read online (and maybe only related to early production units), is that the 790 motors has had quite a few issues, with oil leaks being very common.

I'd also guess that stock adjustable Sachs is much better than the completely non-adjustable WP units.

but RS660 to Mini-Duke is an apples to orange comparison.
    So you weren't the guy who ordered his Ohlins shock with our Pal Kurt? (Wet Dog) Interesting...

Even more telling is the fact that you yourself swapped it out for upgraded stuff so that's evidence enough that even though adjustable it's still lacking, correct? I mean, you voted with your wallet already on that question.

I was on AF1 when I owned my '12 Tuono and I'd beg to differ - there were group buys all the damn time for suspension on there.

Oil leaks - it's an issue that some owners have reported globally which is a leaking counter shaft seal - oil gets by it and weeps out - on the 790 forum I've seen roughly 8-10 cases of it reported out of the many many members there. It's covered under warranty and takes about 30 minutes for the shop to swap seals. Again, just the fact that a long time Aprilia owner is questioning engine issues, oil leaks, etc... is super fantastic - pot loudly telling the kettle about his blackness.

RS660 to Duke is apples to oranges yes, my comparo however was a naked middleweight based on the RS660 frame/engine which would then compete with the Duke - you'd have two VERY similar european middleweight naked using parallel twins to propel em.

C.C.

Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R

I was on AF1 when I owned my '12 Tuono and I'd beg to differ - there were group buys all the damn time for suspension on there.
    AF1 doesnt offer group buys......

Bike
    AF1 doesnt offer group buys......
    I stand corrected. I was thinking of the Triumph site when I had my Street Triple.

AF1 does however have over stock sales like the Ohlins shock one last year posted by Ted and if you type Ohlins, suspension upgrade, etc... into the search I got over 500 threads pop up for each - seems like quite a common topic of conversation don't ya think?

...so, how about the rest of my post - no feedback on my other comments?

C.C.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Didn't do Tofino this year due to all of the road construction and delays, but next year...
    think thats why we didnt hop over, somebody mentioned road conditions / delays. Hope its good next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyGroove View Post
    I'm not so sure how another 1000cc supercharged bike makes sense in the lineup. A 200hp naked?
    i cant handle a naked at city speeds. lol

in regards to a 1k supercharged i think some of us are still missing the point, the H2's frame is not 'sport-bike' material these days.

their goal was to make a bike accelerate as fast as humanly possible, they achieved it. H2 line that is.
    (which is why i could understand some not needing a 240rwhp H2-SX)

but what about an super-charged ZX-10R!?? full fairings and all, track oriented suspension bits etc.

the H2-SX is aimed at an entirely different segment is it not?

mind you one of those videos shows a similar trellis style frame on the new bike.. it will be interesting to see though.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 10-02-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    ZX14
    One word......Lag
    Quote Originally Posted by G Hats View Post
    A sore ass is better than a shredded back!

** BIKE NIGHTS 2013 **

Bike
    RC
    Will it crank over on diesel though?
    Fill the house with bees.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    H2 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    the H2's frame is not 'sport-bike' material these days.
    Please explain

.....what about an super-charged ZX-10R!?? full fairings and all, track oriented suspension bits etc.
    I highly doubt that . I think it will be a naked . I really don't understand all the nakedness going in the the past 5 years.

.....the H2-SX is aimed at an entirely different segment is it not?
    They pitch it as a sport-tourer. The only thing that makes it a touring bike is the optional bags and center stand. It's full sport through and through.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    The only thing that makes it a touring bike is the optional bags and center stand. It's full sport through and through.
    - a hair under 600lbs wet weight.
    - handle bar risers instead of clip ons
    - wide, high fairing and windscreen
    - very relaxed Ergo triangle from bar-seat-pegs
    - heated grips

I'd say those all qualify as putting the SX firmly in the sport touring category and not the sport bike category. Is it capable, and are you able to enjoy it at a sporting pace - I bet, however it is far from a sport bike.
    Last edited by Young Lion; 10-03-2019 at 03:42 PM.

C.C.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    They already make a straight sport h2 and h2r and the h2-sx. So highly doubtful the big new release is another full fairinged supercharged sportbike I would think. The obvious move is a sport naked I would think. Basically a naked h2.
    Last edited by Squisher; 10-03-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Bike
    Please explain
    i just mean you dont see many trellis style frames on sport-bikes. Seems to me (and i could be wrong) its used on these bikes
    to make it as light as possible. Everything they keep talking about is straight up acceleration. Not entirely twisty oriented machines
    or at least not dedicated as such. It is a style of frame which carries a lot of 'feedback' through the entire bike, and again that
    would seem to be aimed directly at ensuring the rider FEELS every damn bit of g-forces during said acceleration. At least that
    is what i've seen since the H2 line was released.

in terms of what the SX is billed as.. i mean clearly its not aimed at the ZX10R market, track oriented bikes etc. Its a sportbike
    with saddlebags i totally see that but the riding position, ergonomics appear to be a few eons away from what we're used to
    considering a 'true sportbike'. Yet i still see some mention of risers being available.. what do they want, ape hangers?

- heated grips

I'd say those all qualify as putting the SX firmly in the sport touring category and not the sport bike category. Is it capable, and are you able to enjoy it at a sporting pace - I bet, however it is far from a sport bike.
    BANG ON, you took the words right out of my mouth.. its very clear to me, and always has been.. nope, that is not a sportibike.

can it be utilized as such? well considering every rider out there is willing to compromise physics, mathematics and every other science
    under the sun these days? i say sure, have at it.. i dont think BCSB's opinion on the matter will have much of a say on this.

i recently joked about with a few blokes about how there's plenty of dudes riding V-stroms with a car tyre in the back, and they seem perfectly
    happy to do so.. But that does not exactly mean the bike can still lean.. There's physics and then there's "dude with an internet account, physics"..

discussing the latter with dudes who know what proper suspension, brakes, tires etc are supposed to offer gets a little uncomfortable after a while.
    about 5 minutes into it, the dude with actual knowledge just starts to roll his eyes, shake their head and ready fists for a good battle.. its rather hilarious
    Last edited by bacchus40; 10-03-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    - heated grips

For sure its a beautiful sport tourer. Reminds me of a busa. Big, heavy and a bitch to throw around in twisties. Oh ...but those straights ....

Bike
    ^^ ~600lbs is a lot of weight to toss around.. the Raider is a hair over 700lbs, comfortable as all hell though.