SPOILERS - Moto GP 2019 vs World SBK 2019.

Thread: SPOILERS - Moto GP 2019 vs World SBK 2019.

Bike
    2016 CBR1000RR-SP

SPOILERS - Moto GP 2019 vs World SBK 2019.

SPOILERS BELOW.
    What's a more impressive 2019 season champion while the season is still in progress?

WORLDSBK

WorldSBK - Jonathan Rea crowned FIVE time (Five in a row) World Superbike champion with two rounds left (six races).
    Winning the championship on round 11 of 13 with finishing 1st or 2nd in 27 out of 31 races without a DNF.
    Incliding after being behind by 61 points from the middle of the season.
    http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2019...f+Reas+success

MOTOGP

MotoGP - Marc Marquez crowned SIX time (Four in a row) Moto GP champion with four rounds left.
    Winning the championship on round 15 of 19, with finishing 1st or 2nd in 14 out of 15 races and one DNF.
    Including four of five second place margins by a fraction of a second.
    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/...d-title/311227
    ---------------------------
    Now... bring me that horizon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    and its actually Marquez's 8th World Championship title.
    Last edited by the bartender; 10-07-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Bike
    2016 CBR1000RR-SP
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    and its actually Marquez's 8th World Championship title.
    Notice I said MotoGP, not Moto2 or 125cc.

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Notice I said MotoGP, not Moto2 or 125cc.
    The 125cc title and his Rookie MotoGP year title were the most impressive for me.

Rea is on another level and clearly is a mental juggernaut for holding his shit together while Alvaro stormed out of the gates this year. One knock on him would be that he's won his titles on whats universally accepted as the best balanced bike in the paddock over the past 5 years however Marc has won DESPITE the bike, not BECAUSE of it.

Yesterday was embarrassing for Honda - Curious George was damn near a minute behind and Crashlow was barely in the points while Taka on last years bike was still a million miles back. Marc is paid roughly 15 million/yr by HRC and worth EVERY penny IMO - same for whatever Kawi pays Rea in SBK.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    CB 500X
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post

Yesterday was embarrassing for Honda - Curious George was damn near a minute behind and Crashlow was barely in the points while Taka on last years bike was still a million miles back. Marc is paid roughly 15 million/yr by HRC and worth EVERY penny IMO - same for whatever Kawi pays Rea in SBK.
    Honda clearly has a dilemma when no one but Marc can ride the RC 213-V and it would be a disaster for Honda if he injures himself. Marc's FP1 crash in Thailand must have been a heart stopper for the Honda executives. But then, they put all their development into making a bike that suits Marc, so they took the risk.

On a related note, so good to hear that Johann Zarco has found a test rider/development job with Yamaha in 2020. Great to see some positive results from them lately.
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'

Bike
    2016 CBR1000RR-SP
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Lion View Post
    The 125cc title and his Rookie MotoGP year title were the most impressive for me.
    Both those championships of Marquez's could have changed with results at the final race, agreed it's more exciting watching a close points battle.
    This year Marquez getting 1st or 2nd in all MotoGP races but one DNF to wrap things up with four rounds to come is amazing.

My hopes for Rea in WorldSBK were fading after Bautista's start to the season.
    We've come to expect Rea win the championship before the final rounds are raced, but this season looked like Bautista was deciding the championship early.
    Watching Bautista's crash trackside at the Laguna Seca round it was seemed like Rea can do it again by being consistent, it is an impressive championship.

The worst thing with crowning the championship this early is that the final rounds on the racing calendar become less fun to watch.
    The Valencia curse = plan a MotoGP trip there to hopefully catch a last round epic battle, or get stuck watching a non-event race.
    Qatar for WorldSBK is out of the spotlight/floodlight/nightlight on the most recent five decided seasons, but the track shines at the start of MotoGP.

Looking forward to next year, even though this year's races aren't finished.

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    On a related note, so good to hear that Johann Zarco has found a test rider/development job with Yamaha in 2020. Great to see some positive results from them lately.
    not signed and sealed yet, of course, but totally logical. Zarco was amazingly fast on the Yami from the word go, and I'm sure he will be again. and there could well be a racing ride opening for him if Valentino retires at the end of 2020. Rossi is still an amazing rider, but the youth are clearly passing him by (literally!). my only hesitation on Zarco's role as test rider is that he has shown that he can just just on 'any' version of the Yamaha and be fast. so i wonder whether that extraordinary adaptability will interfere with his ability to be analytical, and 'feel' the extra tenth or two that a certain change in setting or equipment will provide. anyway, he's way too good to be sitting at home, so welcome back ( I hope) Mr Zarco!
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower

Bike
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Bike
    RC
    That's why Wayne Rainey wound up in a chair.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Marquez certainly is in a class of his own on the track, but frankly between him and his brother this has been the most boring MotoGP season in a while. thankfully Moto3 has been interesting to watch.*

Bike
    CB 500X
    Quote Originally Posted by doser View Post
    not signed and sealed yet, of course, but totally logical. Zarco was amazingly fast on the Yami from the word go, and I'm sure he will be again. and there could well be a racing ride opening for him if Valentino retires at the end of 2020. Rossi is still an amazing rider, but the youth are clearly passing him by (literally!). my only hesitation on Zarco's role as test rider is that he has shown that he can just just on 'any' version of the Yamaha and be fast. so i wonder whether that extraordinary adaptability will interfere with his ability to be analytical, and 'feel' the extra tenth or two that a certain change in setting or equipment will provide. anyway, he's way too good to be sitting at home, so welcome back ( I hope) Mr Zarco!
    Some more possibilities for Zarco...

Johann Zarco Set to Replace Nakagami for the Final Three MotoGP Races of 2019

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/mot...a-replacement/
    'I ride, therefore I'm not here.'