Kawi zx-25r

Thread: Kawi zx-25r

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i

Kawi zx-25r

Interesting looking small displacement machine. Anyone know much about it? Think there's even a remote chance it'll hit North America?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bVYAQl5E09Q

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    No plans for North America as yet. Designed for Indonesia where they have a 250cc max limit on motorcycles.

Exchange rate puts the 60hp version at almost $13k Canadian though - yowza...

18,000rpm inline-4 screamer with all the electronic goodies and I'm guessing a really low wet weight - man what a fun little bike though!
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Oh boy! That would be too much fun. Hope it comes here but not at 13 grand.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    13k. Wow. Well that would certainly make it a no go for NA it would seem. awesome specs for a new little bike still the same.*

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    Hahah. *Crap. *I thought it was a 2.5L supercharged.

Bike
    Honda
    It would be a blast. $13K may be a little steep, but the fun that could be had would be a hoot. And sub-400cc insurance! Even though you'll be passed by the straight line heroes enroute to Squambux, you can give a toot as you pass them being loaded on the flatdeck.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    It would be a blast. $13K may be a little steep, but the fun that could be had would be a hoot. And sub-400cc insurance! Even though you'll be passed by the straight line heroes enroute to Squambux, you can give a toot as you pass them being loaded on the flatdeck.
    I'd guess the high power model with a claimed 60hp would be able to reach 220-230kph - if the straight line hero's can keep up in the tight stuff and then get by at that speed then I think flatbeds will be required for all riders including the Wee 250.

Also I mis-spoke in my original reply to this thread - 250cc+ bikes aren't prohibited in Indonesia - they are just subject to insanely high levels of taxation so they are almost non-existent.

C.C.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Yup still owning a ninja 300 and having had a r3 you'd pretty much have to be riding a frigging pedal bike in BC to not be able to reach impound speeds. *

At 13kish I just can't see it coming to our market unfortunately. The ninja 400 would be a bargain in comparison at 43hp to the rear wheel it's not to far behind. Even though spec to spec it obviously doesn't compare to this zx-25r that well, it's still only half the price. You could do quite a few upgrades and still be well under 13k.*

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Yup still owning a ninja 300 and having had a r3 you'd pretty much have to be riding a frigging pedal bike in BC to not be able to reach impound speeds. *

At 13kish I just can't see it coming to our market unfortunately. The ninja 400 would be a bargain in comparison at 43hp to the rear wheel it's not to far behind. Even though spec to spec it obviously doesn't compare to this zx-25r that well, it's still only half the price. You could do quite a few upgrades and still be well under 13k.*
    I would hope the bike comes to Canada and if it does I'd guesstimate a sell price of $10,999-ish - WELL above the Ninja 400 but still a touch below the ZX6-R which it has basically the identical spec of - similar electronics, suspension, brakes, engine config, etc...

If Kawi can price it there then I think that's fair and would sell - otherwise at $12,999 I can't see a lot of them moving off showroom floors.

The lower spec 46hp engine unit - drop a grand or so - hopefully $9,999 if all other components are identical.

C.C.

Registered User Array
    Wow 60 HP for a 250cc bike is crazy

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    I like the higher end spec on a smaller bike. My Ninja 300, while a great bike, certainly was designed with the price tag in mind, and fair enough it's a big market. But a smaller bike, still cheaper than the 6r but higher quality than the 300, would be a ton of fun.*

Registered User Array
    This is also helpful in expanding the involvement of non-farm work and cordially decreasing the involvement of farm work. freelance writer for hire

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by bcvbgf View Post
    This is also helpful in expanding the involvement of non-farm work and cordially decreasing the involvement of farm work. freelance writer for hire
    "hire-a-freelance-writter" [sic] essaybaron... hah ha hah!!! tooo fzkcing funny! it might be a bot; it might be a Nigerian; it might be from Bangladesh... who knows? but it sure as hell ain't from BCSB; and it ain't 'a writer'... simple pleasures...
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower