Front Wheel Chock

Thread: Front Wheel Chock

Registered User Array SliderZ33's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 Kawasaki ZX10R

Front Wheel Chock

I wanted to get everyone’s opinion on front wheel chocks. I would like to buy one and was wondering what everyone would recommend? I have seen a couple and the the one I am interested in is the Baxley Sport Wheel Chock but it’s like $350. I was wondering what you all are using for this if at all. I have paddock stands front and rear but would like the wheel chock to help do suspension set-up etc as I am planning on doing some track days. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Honda
    I grabbed a pair off of Amazon for $80/each delivered. Work like a hot damn.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    2004 Kawasaki ZX10R
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    I grabbed a pair off of Amazon for $80/each delivered. Work like a hot damn.
    Which brand did you go with. I have heard a lot of negative things about a bunch of them well the ones that are less expensive. Again that could just be people trying to push more expensive products.

Bike
    2008 Beemer (touring)
    I bought my Baxley many years ago. It's a very solid stand and I've seen the knock offs and they don't seem as robust to me. The Baxley has some weight to it so doesn't move much when loading the front tire into it. My 2 cents
    Taking It to the Track

WMRC Racer #911 (retired)
    PCMRC Racer #911 (retired)

Bike
    2004 Kawasaki ZX10R
    Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    I bought my Baxley many years ago. It's a very solid stand and I've seen the knock offs and they don't seem as robust to me. The Baxley has some weight to it so doesn't move much when loading the front tire into it. My 2 cents

Thanks what I have heard. I may just go with a Baxley as they seem to be extreamely solid overall.

Thanks

Bike
    2004 Kawasaki ZX10R
    This looked like a great option but they do not ship Trackside stuff to Canada due to restrictions. So lame!

Registered User Array StevieMac's Avatar
    Bike
    Ninja250 + a few
    Ship it to Blaine or Point Roberts and bring it across the border yourself.
    WMRC & PCMRC #49

StevieMac- Any and all advice provided by me is of the "Use it at your own risk" variety. Common sense and your own good judgement must always prevail.

Bike
    ummm
    Cycle Gear Bellingham has them in stock. Easy queasy. Unless you don't have a passport.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by SliderZ33 View Post
    Which brand did you go with. I have heard a lot of negative things about a bunch of them well the ones that are less expensive. Again that could just be people trying to push more expensive products.
    Some generic Chinese made one. No where near the Gucci factor and finish of the Baxley but at 1/4 the price I wasn't expecting it.

As for solidity, they held my VFR1200 and my CB350/4 upright in a United Van Lines tractor trailer driven by a moron over 700 km of Hwy 3. Works for me.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    2004 Kawasaki ZX10R
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    Some generic Chinese made one. No where near the Gucci factor and finish of the Baxley but at 1/4 the price I wasn't expecting it.

As for solidity, they held my VFR1200 and my CB350/4 upright in a United Van Lines tractor trailer driven by a moron over 700 km of Hwy 3. Works for me.
    Lol I figured they all will work. I just like to buy quality stuff that’s going to last so I don’t end up re-buying it down the road in like a year. I will see if I can get one over the Christmas break at a good price. That you everyone for the info it’s greatly appreciated.