2 days and no new posts ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 days and no new posts ?

Bike
    Honda
    Has anyone here ever owned or ridden a WR250R? Looking for opinions on their abilities.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    I don't care about the bots ..... they are obvious so no need to read their nonsense.
    just an FYI for everyone, anytime a post includes something along the lines of "I don't care about the bots" it's probably a bot. although I must admit that the bots are getting better, this one up here almost sounds intelligent.

in other news is anyone surprised that scheer is getting the boot? i imagine steve is thrilled at the interweb chatter that harper may be coming back.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    I don't care about the bots ..... they are obvious so no need to read their nonsense.
    you missed one seemingly insignificant point, and its not surprising. Its not just the resulting posts,
    its how existing data is gathered and then used to create more random bullshit content thats becoming
    a problem.. You cant possibly know where / how said original content will be used. Some of us are
    choosing not to add to the chaos of it all. You're right of course its very easy to spot when something
    is pure bullshit . But why do you want such content on here? i dont see anything of the sort going on in
    other forums, and they're much bigger and much more popular than this little corner of the internet.

It has been mentioned in the past the same folks running this forum, run many others and they're the
    big bad corporate machine blah blah. Its a little odd to see for some strange reason measures are
    put into place on just about every other similar forum and yet they completely ignore the issues found here.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 12-22-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    you missed one seemingly insignificant point, and its not surprising.
    So if it's insignificant ...... why worry?

Its not just the resulting posts,
    its how existing data is gathered and then used to create more random bullshit content thats becoming
    a problem.. You cant possibly know where / how said original content will be used.
    The same can be said for using my Tim card, my Visa, google maps, cell phone calls, socail media posts, web surfing at home and on a smart phone ....... it is the way the world operates now. Either bow out of it all or accept it.

I dont see anything of the sort going on in
    other forums, and they're much bigger and much more popular than this little corner of the internet.
    You have answered your own question ....... they are bigger so they will get more time and money preventing bots from appearing, using whatever methods the computer types use to prevent it. The "Shed of Doom" blew up on here. It came to the attention of whoever is the present corporate overlord and they bought the show, obviously hoping for more of the same. However Dnaspark has let them down.

Any idea what the price tag would have been to buy the site?
    Last edited by Sikorsky; 12-22-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Has anyone here ever owned or ridden a WR250R? Looking for opinions on their abilities.
    Looks like loads of fun. Its xmas, treat yourself, you deserve it. I'll watch for your NBD post.

Bike
    Kawasaki Land Rover and a liter-twin and another one
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgixxer View Post
    Looks like loads of fun. Its xmas, treat yourself, you deserve it. I'll watch for your NBD post.
    Same. I need to consolidate this year and get down to two bikes. One of them maybe a WR250R...

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    just an FYI for everyone, anytime a post includes something along the lines of "I don't care about the bots" it's probably a bot. although I must admit that the bots are getting better, this one up here almost sounds intelligent.

in other news is anyone surprised that scheer is getting the boot? i imagine steve is thrilled at the interweb chatter that harper may be coming back.

Lolol. Unlike the loonie left, I’m happy to accept the will of the people, and covet limited free enterprise democracy as the least worst of all the governmental systems out there. As I see it, those that are taking us swiftly down the path of future financial instability by continuing to vote in a complete basket case of incompetence are going to be the poor souls that live by the map that they are allowing to be drawn out before us.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R

A large double double, and medium size box of Timbits.

Bike
    1190 ktm gsx-r 1k
    Ok , time for everyone to join hands and sing Koom By Ya ....it's almost Christmas and for one day in the year "can't we all just get along "
    I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14

its one of those things, if you have to ask...
    maybe its just a play i words, maybe it matters a little more than you think; but maybe not.

in case that wasnt clear.. this site is so damn popular, it needs bots to route traffic to it.

Merry Xmas EveryOne. You can thank me later.
    Last edited by bacchus40; 12-24-2019 at 12:25 AM.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    1190 ktm gsx-r 1k
    [I. You can thank me later. [/I]
    Fuck that ! I want to thank you now.
    I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I test road a wr250r at Yama demo days this year. And I own a wr400 so maybe my view is skewed. But I found the 250r powerless. I had thought about possibly buying one as a dual sport but after riding it, never. Just my .02c

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY

The same can be said for using my Tim card, my Visa, google maps, cell phone calls, socail media posts, web surfing at home and on a smart phone ....... it is the way the world operates now. Either bow out of it all or accept it.

You have answered your own question ....... they are bigger so they will get more time and money preventing bots from appearing, using whatever methods the computer types use to prevent it. The "Shed of Doom" blew up on here. It came to the attention of whoever is the present corporate overlord and they bought the show, obviously hoping for more of the same. However Dnaspark has let them down.

Shed o' Doom was peak BCSB. Really one could argue that was really in the early aughts (2002-2006 or so), back in the honeymoon phase... but Shed o Doom was the shark-jump; Adam cashed out, the site was sold off to a forum-farm, and really the world moved on as the tech changed. Forum hacks and forced lockouts/resets didn't help. BCSB is all but dead. Kicked out of the house at 18years old. I don't think it will be any better in 2022.

Whyziz? Just think about it: When was the last time you sought out a forum dedicated to... well, anything? And joined it? Posted up the intro 'heyhowyadoins' ? gotten to know the 'locals' - if they're even there anymore either.

What used to be endless 'how to change your oil' style threads here - each filled with discussions and side-discussions over the merits of what-n-why... has all been replaced by subreddits (where you can duck in to any topic-focused-forum with a single login), youtube vids (direct walk-through 'tutorials' summing it all up in 10 mins or less), and the generic facebook memery.

Forums are relic of the internet of yesteryore.

BCSB is all but dead. Long live BCSB!
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    I regularly still join forums on anything I'm interested in. Old school shit. Lol.*

I just can't get with all the newer tech. Probably start going lower tech the older I get I think. Dinosaur......heading for extinction.*

Bike
    2013 CB1000RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Dinosaur......heading for extinction.*
    ruled the planet for 200 million years... just sayin'
    In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensible.
    Dwight Eisenhower
    When I’m riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, I’m glad to be alive.
    Neil Peart