2 days and no new posts ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2 days and no new posts ?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    Congrats Sikorsky on the wr250r if that's the route you're going. I wasn't trying to knock the bike, just not for me. I don't ride a ton of dirt though and when I do I just zip over to the local Mecca from home. Mostly just use it to fill in a bit of early/late season riding where street is my main focus. And still very much about the performance. I was very tempted by your r1 for sale ad. *Still would love to upgrade my f4i to a gsxr750 or a litre bike one day. And I ride off road with that mindset too I ring the neck of my old wr400 at times and really enjoy the power I still do some trail stuff with it but nothing to technical and it is a bit of handful at times I'll admit.*

I'm sure you'll have a blast on the wr250r. *

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    Quote Originally Posted by Squisher View Post
    Congrats Sikorsky on the wr250r if that's the route you're going. I wasn't trying to knock the bike, just not for me. I don't ride a ton of dirt though and when I do I just zip over to the local Mecca from home. Mostly just use it to fill in a bit of early/late season riding where street is my main focus. And still very much about the performance. I was very tempted by your r1 for sale ad. *Still would love to upgrade my f4i to a gsxr750 or a litre bike one day. And I ride off road with that mindset too I ring the neck of my old wr400 at times and really enjoy the power I still do some trail stuff with it but nothing to technical and it is a bit of handful at times I'll admit.*

I'm sure you'll have a blast on the wr250r. *
    I know a guy who was hot for that R1. Too far away I guess. Didn't know it was sikorsky's.

Bike
    Honda
    No offence at all Squisher. I'm looking at an exploring bike that is light and reliable. I've learned thru trial and error (lots of error) that my enthusiasm far outweighs my skill level ..... unlimited sick days or not, the wee bike should mitigate the damage. It's the dual purpose 250R, not 250F.

I had a lot of emails from a fellow in Penticton but it didn't happen. And some Craigslist clown from Richmond who kept offering $1600 or $2000 cash. I would block him but still received emails. I finally said "yes" to the $2000 offer and told him to meet me in Merrit. He was too smart to fall for that.

If your friend is still interested, it will be at Peak Performance in Cranbrook. Decent dealership, good brand selection and not a mega-store like other places.
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    nekkid
    I had a few dual purpose bikes over the years, my fave being a mid 80s klR 250. It was very capable on and off the highway. They only sold them in Canada for a short time. Replaced it with a kawasaki sherpa 250 many years later which was not so great.

The yammy specs out better than the competition Japanese wise. There's lots to be said for lightweight especially off highway. I was looking at the honda 250 last winter but local dealers are take it or leave it and forget about trading up.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Ninja 300/CBR f4i
    In all fairness I didn't get to try the wr250r off road. Only on road ar the yami demo days. So maybe if I'd been able to hit the trails with it I'd have enjoyed it more. My wr400 is a bit of a pig at times when the going gets technical but tins of power and plush suspension. Obviously not street legal.*

I never contacted you on the r1. *I wouldn't have unless I was prepared to buy. But I did think it was a good deal.*

Bike
    Honda
    I almost pulled the trigger on a plated WR400 with supermoto and dirt wheels a few years back. Glad I didn’t ..... I would have been a total jerk on it.*
    The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any agency.

Registered User Array bacchus40's Avatar
    Bike
    MIAMI 998 YZFR1 '09 & RAIDER S XV19CSEL '14
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    Shed o' Doom was peak BCSB. Really one could argue that was really in the early aughts (2002-2006 or so), back in the honeymoon phase... but Shed o Doom was the shark-jump; Adam cashed out, the site was sold off to a forum-farm, and really the world moved on as the tech changed. Forum hacks and forced lockouts/resets didn't help. BCSB is all but dead. Kicked out of the house at 18years old. I don't think it will be any better in 2022.

BCSB is all but dead. Long live BCSB!
    agreed.. i have no real problem with the O.G. cashing out when, but the new overlords suck monkey ballz.
    http://bcusedoil.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Land Roving
    Life is too short to own ugly motorcycles.

Bike
    1190 ktm gsx-r 1k
    Happy New Year ......kants.
    I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

Bike
    RC
    Well in other news a spambot bumped a Dirty Bill thread so that's good news.

Out here in bugtussle we've had a stupid amount of snow. Saw some folks on the Hwy with bikes/snowdog kits but haven't seen any tracks in the backcountry. It's all side by sides leaving a mark.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Out here in bugtussle we've had a stupid amount of snow. Saw some folks on the Hwy with bikes/snowdog kits but haven't seen any tracks in the backcountry
    what is this snow you speak of? its all flower shirts and a pair of shorts here in the lower mainland.. LOL

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post
    what is this snow you speak of? its all flower shirts and a pair of shorts here in the lower mainland.. LOL
    I think you folks call it liquid sunshine down there.
    Fill the house with bees.

Bike
    ummm
    Well in other news a spambot bumped a Dirty Bill thread so that's good news.

Out here in bugtussle we've had a stupid amount of snow. Saw some folks on the Hwy with bikes/snowdog kits but haven't seen any tracks in the backcountry. It's all side by sides leaving a mark.
    Bill Van Slewen, miss that guy. Great rider, entertaining around the beer table.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
    Bill Van Slewen, miss that guy. Great rider, entertaining around the beer table.
    I always wondered what that guy’s name was. Couldn’t stand him ....... personal threats, drunken rants and slander aren’t the way to endear yourself to someone.*

A group of us went on a multi-day trip with him one time. If I remember correctly his boozing and attitude were the reason he was ditched on the last day.*

Now SilverD ..... that was a gentleman. He is a guy I miss.

What was the name of the guy that died pretty well a year after his girlfriend did ...... she organized rides from her family's restaurant and the boyfriend had a Hayabusa.*

Bike
    I think you folks call it liquid sunshine down there.
    hahahah

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikorsky View Post
    I always wondered what that guy’s name was. Couldn’t stand him ....... personal threats, drunken rants and slander aren’t the way to endear yourself to someone.*

A group of us went on a multi-day trip with him one time. If I remember correctly his boozing and attitude were the reason he was ditched on the last day.*

Now SilverD ..... that was a gentleman. He is a guy I miss.

What was the name of the guy that died pretty well a year after his girlfriend did ...... she organized rides from her family's restaurant and the boyfriend had a Hayabusa.*
    Bog... and Julia.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!"

C.C.