who's motarded ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 18 ... LastLast

Thread: who's motarded ?

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil-E
    learned to live with it?.... yes this site is your life I forgot! HARPS > DILLIGAF?
    You're the smartest guy I've never met.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    like i said 600's are podium, not 1k's
    regardless of this being bc, what i said applies, the corner isnt difference because its down south. A PROPER SM track has dirt thats great, but you said

Sportbikes are too slow in the corners... Supermoto's blow them away... prooven everyday... if you want to find out the hard way lets go riding :P
    well you are wrong there. Im sure you could change the stament to reflect SM tracks though. I gave you real world examples of where you are wrong, and why you are wrong. Put a big heavy motor in your light bike and you only go to even the playing field, Suddenly your bike becomes harder to get sideways into the corner reliably and safly. Sportbikes can be ridden in the exact way a SM can, backing it in and all, the physics are the same, the weights are the difference. Dont get me wrong i love SM's and would kill to have my own, but im not going to kid myself at their superiority over sportbikes. They have their pluses, so do sport bikes. put that r1 engine in your motard and then see how many sets of stairs you stil ride up, once you beef the suspension to compensate for the weight. Do i care about riding up stairs personally? No. but do i ride over shit on the sport bikes? yes. i was jumping everything i could see that i wasnt going to land on someone. The SM is a great idea, great bike, but it doesnt deserve to be put on some glorified pedastal as being the fastest thing ever, its not. Objectivly look at the situtuations. instead of doing it from a closed devensive viewpoint. Troy loves SM's and it seems hes willing to show you up on his 600 on a tight tight course, you going to step up and show us how wrong we are?
    no

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Bike
    Naked SV
    Most of the motard guys like WILD FX, Arai, simon, etc are a crazy bunch but even the more mild mannered rider will have a lot more fun on a motard. I went from a CBR 929, which was a great bike and I never would have sold it had I not needed money for school.

So to replace it, I bought a DRZ and converted it (like Arai said, it is not cheap but well worth it) and it was a blast! The riding position is so comfortable and my commutes to UBC were much more enjoyable, plus you can take it pretty much anywhere on the streets, up curbs, etc which really saves time in bumper to bumper traffic. Throw in the easy wheelie factor and cheap crashing and it is a perfect all around fun bike.

My DRZ was stolen last year and I replaced it with a dirt bike (YZ 250F) but I know that when I do get another streetbike it will not be a sportbike. I actually just got a set of DRZ SM wheels from a buddy and am hoping I can adapt them to my YZ somehow, have a dirt bike and a track SM bike this summer.

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

Email

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Stykman
    We are that too anyways.
    oh, that's good to know... but even so, you guys are motarded in a uber cool way.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Yup
    how about we get a bcsb version of that black eyed peas track, "let's get retarded" into "let's get motarded"?

Grok
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson
    like i said 600's are podium, not 1k's
    regardless of this being bc, what i said applies, the corner isnt difference because its down south. A PROPER SM track has dirt thats great, but you said

well you are wrong there. Im sure you could change the stament to reflect SM tracks though. I gave you real world examples of where you are wrong, and why you are wrong. Put a big heavy motor in your light bike and you only go to even the playing field, Suddenly your bike becomes harder to get sideways into the corner reliably and safly. Sportbikes can be ridden in the exact way a SM can, backing it in and all, the physics are the same, the weights are the difference. Dont get me wrong i love SM's and would kill to have my own, but im not going to kid myself at their superiority over sportbikes. They have their pluses, so do sport bikes. put that r1 engine in your motard and then see how many sets of stairs you stil ride up, once you beef the suspension to compensate for the weight. Do i care about riding up stairs personally? No. but do i ride over shit on the sport bikes? yes. i was jumping everything i could see that i wasnt going to land on someone. The SM is a great idea, great bike, but it doesnt deserve to be put on some glorified pedastal as being the fastest thing ever, its not. Objectivly look at the situtuations. instead of doing it from a closed devensive viewpoint. Troy loves SM's and it seems hes willing to show you up on his 600 on a tight tight course, you going to step up and show us how wrong we are?
    It sounds like your gonna have to try one Jason, because you have no idea what your missing!

Bike
    Honda CBR600RR Race Bike, CRF450R Motard
    Okay, but 100$ to play? sheesh... are you going to be on your 600? or riding an SM...
    I will ride both hopefully. I don't really care which is faster, Motard or Sportbike, they are both a gas to ride. For the record, I was a half second slower on the CRF450 Motard than on my CBR600 around the tight Tradex course last year. But I have never really ridden a Motard so I am sure that I have plenty to learn. I need others to teach me. As for the $100, we are putting this day on for fun and not for money, I will be happy if we cover our expenses and will actually have to pull the pin on the day if it looks like we will take a loss of very much. I hope you guys can make it out.

Chops
    If I could get one of these with some lights on it, I'd sell my R1 in a second!

Trellis style frame, 450cc V-twin, mmmmmmmm....droooool

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok
    It sounds like your gonna have to try one Jason, because you have no idea what your missing!
    you are most deffinatly correct
    no

Bike
    Honda CBR600RR Race Bike, CRF450R Motard
    Chops, I told you not show anyone those pictures of my new bike.

Bike
    03 crf450 motard
    Dan, my motard is street legal yes. But most of the time it takes it's punishment at tradex and in the dirt. Yes I do swap it back and forth. She goes both ways you know. I didn't get a chance to race it at mission last year for two reasons. 1. I couldn't get the Stickman off of my bike. 2. Whenever he went out on it he was getting black flaged for noise. I was too busy with my 600rr to put in too much effort into silencing the thing. This year I'll do some sound proofing and put in a cone of silence in.

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4

not to be confused with the umbrella
    no

Bike
    03 crf450 motard
    Thanks for pointing that out Jason, as the umbrella is after all only for rain races

... Array
    Bike

Troy loves SM's and it seems hes willing to show you up on his 600 on a tight tight course, you going to step up and show us how wrong we are?
    How much does he really Love them? you guys must be close!
    I'll step up and even swap you bikes jayson, and then we can see who can adapt faster and pull faster lap times! :P http://www.pocketbikes.ca/movies/loc...nracecrash.wmv

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis

not to be confused with the umbrella
    Haha...biter!
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you