who's motarded ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 20 ... LastLast

Thread: who's motarded ?

Bike
    your girlfriend
    hey guys i don't wanna sound like a dumbass, but is a motard , something like a jacked up enduro with street tires, or is it a bike that you buy?? cause these things dunt look fast, as in a sportbike fast ,, but they do look like hella fun to ride

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    they arnt fast like a sport bike in the straights, but they toss so easy in the corners, and slide so much more safly/easilly... with their lower weight, lower unsprung mass, super wide bars, and the seating position.
    no

Bike
    06 CRF450R sold XR650R :(
    Quote Originally Posted by BLADERUNNER 954
    hey guys i don't wanna sound like a dumbass, but is a motard , something like a jacked up enduro with street tires, or is it a bike that you buy?? cause these things dunt look fast, as in a sportbike fast ,, but they do look like hella fun to ride
    They are usually lowered (if you so desire) dirt bikes with 17"rims and some sticky rubber. KTM has some street and race versions available or build your own. They are a lot of fun, forgiving to ride, let you make mistakes and not get pitched, fast on tight tracks, cheap, crash durable, can take air, slide, commute, cut through gridlock like nothin else, set off car alarms with the twist of the wrist etc. There is something fun about passing sport bikes (some guys anyway) on a dirt bike at Mission as well that makes it worthwile. Funfactor is the biggest thing.
    RPM #26

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda RC46
    I will become a supermotard next Tuesday (April 27th) as I am buying a 2002 KTM LC4 from Brian at BK.
    2002 Honda RC46
    2009 KLR 650
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 Honda RC46
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Quote Originally Posted by nutcracker
    I will become a supermotard next Tuesday (April 27th) as I am buying a 2002 KTM LC4 from Brian at BK.
    Thats muzak to my ears Max.... thank god your getting a bike again! WOO WOO! Only problem is I wont be able to follow you down the stairs! LOL
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda RC46
    I didn't think I would get one this year but I couldn't pass this deal. So what about riding on Tuesday evening J ?
    2002 Honda RC46
    2009 KLR 650
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 Honda RC46
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

Quote Originally Posted by nutcracker
    I didn't think I would get one this year but I couldn't pass this deal. So what about riding on Tuesday evening J ?
    Max you bought a bike?... welcome... where's the phone call?

Bike
    Honda CBR600RR Race Bike, CRF450R Motard
    I see that there are plenty with these bikes. I don't know how interested people are at actually going to events that have closed circuit courses though. If you haven't tried it you should really consider it. In almost all cases a race license is not required. We (G-force and me) are going to try and schedule another day for the Motard's at Tradex and hopefully people will try it out. There is also Rainman putting on events at Penticton, usually posted by BF, but that will not last long as he lost about $800 running yesterday's event because of lack of participation. Then there is Bill from 5th-Gear trying to run Wednesday nights at the Boundary Bay airport and also the track days and racing at Mission for those with race licenses. As well, there are races and practises at Saratoga and at Victoria Speedway for those on the Island or those who are willing to make the trek across the water. For those who have never tried their Motard on a closed circuit environment, you don't know the fun you are missing. There is nothing like being able to dial in a turn so you are leaving blackies one on top of the other every lap without worrying about cars and the rest of the shit on the street. I have done a ton of riding in my life and that is the most fun that I have had on two wheels. I am looking forward to trying to do more events but they will only happen if the people putting the events on are not having to lose a whole bunch of money. By the way, all the people that I know, us included, are putting events on so that they can have a chance to do it themselves, not to get rich. I love it when others take the bull by the horns and all I have to do is show up and pay my fee to ride, so a big thanks to Rainman, Bill and all of you on the Island who are putting these events together. I hope to see more people come out, the worst that might happen is you have a blast, get addicted, and learn to go faster into and through a turn than you ever thought possible.

Bike
    03 crf450 motard
    here here, you go stickman! I had a blast this weekend and I totally appreciated the fact that we could just show up and pay our entry fee and ride. Like the Stickman said, if you haven't ridden your motard on a closed course, you have no idea how much fun your missing out on. I hope to see this sport grow cause I want more people to play with. We (Stykman & me) are doing what we can, Rainman, BF,Fithgear and others are trying. the only way this spectacle will grow is if we get out there and support each other so we can have some fun. Even if you don't have a motard but want to try, let me know and I'll be happy to let you swing a leg over my crf. Let's get it on!

Bike
    --------------------- supermoto: crf450
    I'd love to be in on it, just waiting on parts at this point. what can I do. backorders suck. I'm hoping to have enough for a showing next wednesday.

its unlikely I will be running mission this year though do to race licence requirements.

Bike
    03 crf450 motard
    Quote Originally Posted by arai
    I'd love to be in on it, just waiting on parts at this point. what can I do. backorders suck. I'm hoping to have enough for a showing next wednesday.

its unlikely I will be running mission this year though do to race licence requirements.
    I'm sure the wait is killing you, I know what it's like. If it ain't ready by the time we have another Tradex event your welcome to beat on mine

Bike
    1190 ktm gsx-r 1k
    I'm Motarded......retarded......and I think I just farted. Ready to go any time now,as long as it don't interfeer with my track day's at Spokane,and it's on the mainland(Won't put up with the BC ferry bullshit) I'm there !
    I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?

Quote Originally Posted by BF
    I'm Motarded......retarded......and I think I just farted.

Bike
    06 CBR600RR, 07 CRF150R
    LOL! i'm motarded but going through riding buddies at the same intervals as oil changes...
    one six two seven eight nine

Bike
    N/A Supermoto:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver
    LOL! i'm motarded but going through riding buddies at the same intervals as oil changes...
    look where you want to go even if there's no chance in hell of actually getting there..