How is riding in Philippines?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How is riding in Philippines?

How is riding in Philippines?

Hi everyone,

My gf (Pengy) is planning to go study in the Philippines. She was wondering, but was too lazy to type, what is riding in the Philippines like?

She wanted to know if there is a cc limit in the Philippines, like in Taiwan. She was also wondering what is the licensing like in Philippines. Since she already got her license here, she was hoping that she can just use that to get a license over there!

Thanks ahead of time people~
    Last edited by Pkchi; 04-14-2004 at 06:57 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

h22aSIR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pkchi
    Hi everyone,

My gf (Pengy) is planning to go study in the Philippines. She was wondering, but was too lazy to type, what is riding in the Philippines like?

She wanted to know if there is a cc limit in the Philippines, like in Taiwan. She was also wondering what is the licensing like in Philippines. Since she already got her license here, she was hoping that she can just use that to get a license over there!

Thanks ahead of time people~
    does she have any riding experience?? a 1000rr as a first bike might not be the best choice.. as for riding in the philippines.. i have no clue!

Quote Originally Posted by h22aSIR
    does she have any riding experience?? a 1000rr as a first bike might not be the best choice.. as for riding in the philippines.. i have no clue!
    HAHAH!! NO no.. This is my account. Her BCSportbike nick is "Pengy"!!
    And I only want to get a 1000rr~

She' wants to get an R6, and I wanted to pick up a GSXR-600.
    In Taiwan, bikes don't even go up to 600cc. I think they are restricted to a max of 250, but I'm not sure. If anyone can clarify, that would be great.

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    There have been some ride reports posted from the Phillipines on Advrider.com. You might want to take a look. Here's one:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ht=Phillipines

Maybe pm the author with your questions?
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

WHOOOOSSHHHHHH... Array
    Bike
    95 Ninja ZX600C
    i use to live there and your gf can probably get away with riding around as she pleases, with no valid license...if she ever gets pulled over, just bribe the cop with money (worked for us when we got pulled over for going the wrong way on a 1-way street). i might also sugges to your gf, regardless of her riding skill, to be very careful riding in philippines...drivers there are nuts!!!

CBR600F2
    i agree, drivers in philippines are nuts, but they seem to have it under control... as in there's a method to the madness with drivers down there. but be careful. i remember when i was young and living there, my dad had a dirtbike that he rode around in, it was a 250 honda cb or something, which seems like that type of bikes that are more popular there. i have never personally seen a supersportbike there.

have a good trip!

DPT Downtown Poser Team Array Bluepill's Avatar
    Bike
    beater piece of shit
    There's no c.c. limit in Taiwan after it's in WTO (2 or 3 yrs ago i can't remember)

I am from Taiwan so i know it! But bikes there are fricken expensive!!
    a brand new 600RR costs $600K dollars....which equals $24000 cdn!
    and each yr you have to pay lots of $$$ on licence plate fee.....more expensive than a regular car anywayz!

in the philippines, i got no idea~........but i think they should have a lot of different bikes! i heard it's cheap to rent bikes there as well @[email protected] donno~
    but yeah.......my friend who lives there in the philippines before told me that you can definitely BRIBE the COPS!!....maybe it's a good thing?!~.....ahhahaha

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    Bike
    99 R6
    i just came back from a short trip from manila, philippines.
    people from teenagers to elders all ride with no gear nor license. It's freakin' hot there.
    everyone rolls around with honda Cb 250 and old bikes. if a cop pulls u over, i am sure he is asking for money. be aware.
    be super careful with a nice bike, someone will bound to steal it.
    there's no such things as traffic regulations. bikers ride on sidewalks, cut betwen cars. There's no such thing as lanes. in a 3 lane street, u will often see 6 cars trying to go and motorcycles trying to cut in.
    just be super careful.
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

cycleplus
    im the best person to talk talk i lived there for 3yrs and rode with a few clubs and the bikes are alot better out there. alot of japs and italian bikes as in top end.

bonafide hedonist Array baboon's ass's Avatar
    Bike
    06 k6, 08 cbr1000rr
    please don't ride in the philippines unless your in one of the smaller islands. riding in manila is close to suicide. all the buses run on diesel so all the fumes will go straight into your lungs. most riders there wear some type of mask against the fumes. there are hardly any open roads in there. it's a constant gridlock in the city. if she likes to weave in bumper to bumper traffic then go right ahead. i got pulled over once when we were in Bohol and all I showed him was my BCDL, he was a country side cop they're usually a bit nicer than city ones. he let me go and didn't ask for money. ride the cabs insteads they're super cheap!

WHOOOOSSHHHHHH... Array
    Bike
    95 Ninja ZX600C
    Quote Originally Posted by cycleplus
    im the best person to talk talk i lived there for 3yrs and rode with a few clubs and the bikes are alot better out there. alot of japs and italian bikes as in top end.
    are we talking about the same country here?!? top end japs and italian bikes?!? you've got to be kidding me!

keneda21
    The lanes on the highway they do not follow. Strictly aggressive riding (driving). Be very careful!

Registered User Array KawasakiCutekid's Avatar
    Bike
    OH YEAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by CB450
    are we talking about the same country here?!? top end japs and italian bikes?!? you've got to be kidding me!
    That's because he rolls with the rich ppl!
    BCSB # 908

u can ride ANYTHING and EVERYTHING over there...as other ppl posted already...and u can always bribe the PO-PO there if u get into trouble..its harsh corrupt like that...02 R6 and memo are in the phils rite now...they told me that riding there is pretty hectic and dangerous...as for ur gf...i would tell her to get a 250 or somthing small to boot around in and it'll be easier to manuever...good luck

Ride It Like You Stole It Array
    Bike
    1997 Suzuki GSXR
    Like said earlier no limit in the phillippines if she does get pulled over bribe the cops, cuz money talks down there. Yeah tell her to make sure to watch out for them crazy asian drivers cause they're all over the place and dont really care if they hit you or not. Take my personal experience me being filipino. but she'll have fun down there regardless. cheers