Review the Sticky Threads
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Review the Sticky Threads

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2003 Yamaha FJR

Review the Sticky Threads

Some of the Sticky Threads were started as far back as 2003 and some haven't had any changes for many years. How about a review of this old stuff. Even if it may have even a bit of relevance, much of it is just common knowledge and doesn't need to be carved in stone for us to scroll past every time we visit BCSB. It just accentuates the staleness of the forum.
    SS1000, SS2000, BB1500, BBG1500, TransCanada Quest, TransCanada Gold(2005), TransCanada Gold(2007)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Nobody cares, cause no one uses this forum anymore.

Bike
    2017 Scott Spark 720+
    Long Live TeeTee!

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    Nobody cares, cause no one uses this forum anymore.
    No one logs in and posts, but lots of site visitors. I just checked and there were 120 visitors, and 2 logged in users (lol).
    It's like a junior high school dance, everyone goes, but no one wants to be first on the dance floor.

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    Yea, that'd probably be all the people who got locked out by the password fiasco. It's not that they're just choosing to not log in and post....they can't. And no one like starting from scratch with a new forum "persona".

Ownership killed this forum.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2003 Yamaha FJR
    One of the worst problems is the careless and disrespectful hijacking of threads.
    SS1000, SS2000, BB1500, BBG1500, TransCanada Quest, TransCanada Gold(2005), TransCanada Gold(2007)

Quote Originally Posted by David Morrow View Post
    Some of the Sticky Threads were started as far back as 2003 and some haven't had any changes for many years. How about a review of this old stuff. Even if it may have even a bit of relevance, much of it is just common knowledge and doesn't need to be carved in stone for us to scroll past every time we visit BCSB. It just accentuates the staleness of the forum.
    Hey there,

Which threads are you speaking of specifically?
    I can bring this to the mod team and see if they have input as well.

Thank you,

Richard.

Registered Luser Array
    Bike
    2008 fat kaw
    fuck that. one of the worst problems was catering to whiners. see that resurrected thread from 2003 or whenever. bcsb was founded on disrespectful thread hijacking. all that helpful tech stuff and friendly ride organization was a sideshow at best.

anyway, ya sticky threads, deck chairs, titanic - Bloorp.

Bike
    '09 Ducati M696
    One of the worst problems is the careless and disrespectful hijacking of threads.
    Lol. Oh heavens, let's not post anything at all then, lest we upset the local sensitives.

Happiness is the corner Array Land Roving's Avatar
    Bike
    A couple Hondas, a Duc, an Aprilia, a Suzuki and a Yamaha walk into a bar...
    *insert tumbleweed here*

What locals?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Bike
    CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by the bartender View Post
    No one logs in and posts, but lots of site visitors. I just checked and there were 120 visitors, and 2 logged in users (lol).
    It's like a junior high school dance, everyone goes, but no one wants to be first on the dance floor.
    Those visitors numbers are almost always bots scanning the forum pages for data.
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

Bike
    CBR600RR
    "Bcsb was founded on disrespectful thread hijacking. all that helpful tech stuff and friendly ride organization was a sideshow at best." - sAdam

Truer words have not been spoken. This forum was best when there was some really good ass crackery going on.
    BCSB Crash Reconstruction Team Member

Hi-

Could you link some of these stickies that you are referring to so we can discuss them with the mods?

Dayle

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2002 LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by bandito View Post
    "Bcsb was founded on disrespectful thread hijacking. all that helpful tech stuff and friendly ride organization was a sideshow at best." - sAdam

Truer words have not been spoken. This forum was best when there was some really good ass crackery going on.
    It used to be a lot of fun on here. Then some newbies started showing up and decided that in order to contribute they had to take things in a different direction and a different level. The good old joking around became replaced by personal attacks to which the easily led members joined in, a true mob mentality.*

I can recall having a rip roaring mud slinging arguement with another prominent member. Unbeknownst to everyone else was that this chap and myself were PM'ing each other and laughing our butts off.

I have made friends with people who lived at the other corner of the province, ridden to their homes, met their families and spent the next week with them as we strafed the roads of eastern Washington. I still count them as friends.*

It would be nice to return to those days but it takes an effort by all. You can easily whine and cry about how this is place is dead since the new owners took over. Yup, it's changed. Nope, not in a good way. But there is still information to be had and to impart. Like my da used to say, "Work or whine, the choice is yours."

Bike
    ummm
    Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    Yea, that'd probably be all the people who got locked out by the password fiasco. It's not that they're just choosing to not log in and post....they can't. And no one like starting from scratch with a new forum "persona".

Ownership killed this forum.
    Can't say whether ownership killed this forum or not. I will say that the password fiasco did start the exodus, and then the bizzare technical fiasco of missing, re-appearing, then vanishing entries, and complete threads, made most feel it was a total waste of time to even bother typing anything. The blog entries of Gene and his wife travelling the world is a perfect example. He just gave up on BC Sportbikes, after complete entries disappeared. I don't blame him. There's been no explanation of what, or why it happened, whether we can expect more of it to happen, so most the old regulars just said fuck it.

I miss the old sparring with others too. The soul of this forum is dead.