SBW Rider Killed???
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SBW Rider Killed???

1st name basis with Death Array Ghost's Avatar
    I'm the one in front of you.... ZIPPERLIPS!!!
    Bike
    2014 BMW S1000RR in MF'n BLACK!!!

SBW Rider Killed???

I was just at the local shop and heard that someone was killed on the hwy#33 over the weekend. The rider was on a brand new R1, and collided with a pick-up truck.

That's all I know at this point!!! Does anyone else know if this person was at the rally or not???
    i'M a BcSb PaGe 11 RoCkStAr...
    '08 1098S in NERO, of CORSE!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    ... still not 100% confirmed yet, but it looks as though the rider was from Sask and was a part of SBW!!!
    Last edited by Ghost; 08-31-2004 at 11:44 PM.

ssblade
    i heard from guys that got back today that they saw an r1 smashed into oblivion going up anarchist's pass.

Bike
    Black F2, 01 GSXR 600 - Race
    This one went over a cliff.

ssblade
    "i saw it all......wheelie, endo, stoppie"

Kragan
    This accident happened downtown in Kelowna, at the intersection by the 7-11 on 34th. From the riders we were talking to, a truck pulled into the intersection and the bike T-boned the truck as he couldn't stop fast enough in the rain.
    We arrived at the 7-11 about 10 minutes after it happened. There was 1 ambulance that was just taking off with the rider, about 6 RCMP directing traffic as it happened right in the middle as well as taking statements, a fire truck and assorted fireman, and a few tow trucks.
    The R1 was absolutely destroyed, from a distance we couldn't tell what it was. The only way we could tell was when we spotted the R1 undertail exhaust.
    He was at the rally, sorry to hear that he didn't make it.

Flieger sind Sieger! Array
    Bike
    04 Supersquid 750
    We got to the Anarchist crash a little while after it happened. It's amazing the guy survived that one, as he lobbed it right over the guard rail.

waypastfast
    the guy on anerchist ended up with only a broken foot. Was talking with his buddies at Penticton Hospital on Sunday, Bib Bob who won the coasting race shattered his wrist and was in surgery on sunday night, and Glen from Vancouver with a red VFR went off the road at bail out bridge on Green mountain Road, He has 3 broken ribs, broken collarbone, and 2 inflamed discs in his back. Oh, and a totalled bike as well.

Bike
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by UnToldFox
    This one went over a cliff.

What a mess...wonder how fast he was going?

RIP rider...
    Roger
    Tmustang you are clear for take off

Bike
    2003 GSX-R 750
    We were out at SBW once again.

Some info you might want to know. We talked to a group of riders from Sask. In their group there was 8. Of the 8, 5 crashed (all on different corners) throughout the weekend. (note attached pic, yes there are 3 Honda's in the back of that truck!!!). They also told us that they know of 18 people that came out from Sask. From that 18, 12 crashed and 6 did not.

I heard about the guy that went over the cliff but unsure where it happened. Last I heard he was still in Osoyoo's hospital.

On Sat we were ripping up the hill (outside Osoyoos on #3) and near the top there was a newer Gixxer on the side of the road. Pretty destroyed.

The winner of the 'neutral race' is also from Calgary. I seen him come walking into SBW shortly after he left, and his jeans were toast.

Hope everything turned out for all the crashed riders. One of the girls in our group hit a seat cowl that a rider had lost (it was dark) and she went down. Tore some shit in her shoulder but she'll be alright. Very little damage to her bike (frame slider took it all). Only stator and shifter needs to be replaced. No scratches on the fairing, just a small one on the tail.

Good thing we always have a truck and trailor on the trip too.
    Attached Images  
    LIKE SKYDIVING... without the wimpy parachute finish.
    Ground Pilots - http://www.groundpilots.com
    Ground Pounderz - http://www.groundpounderz.org
    G - Spot Xtreme Racing - http://www.gsx-racing.com

kspare
    Ok Boys here's the FACTS.
    There were 3 groups of sask boys. I was part of the group of 8.
    We had one rider go down.
    Another gorup of 4 came out and two of them went down.
    Another group of three cam out and 1 of them went down. he was the guy with the Blue 04 R1.

He's not dead. he's perfectly fine. He sprained his leg and has a cane for a few weeks. Nothing wrong with him.

L8r

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by kspare
    Ok Boys here's the FACTS.
    There were 3 groups of sask boys. I was part of the group of 8.
    We had one rider go down.
    Another gorup of 4 came out and two of them went down.
    Another group of three cam out and 1 of them went down. he was the guy with the Blue 04 R1.

He's not dead. he's perfectly fine. He sprained his leg and has a cane for a few weeks. Nothing wrong with him.

L8r
    I don't think I've ever felt so good about getting the wrong information about something before!!! Sorry guys!!! Thanks for clearing that up kspare!!!

kspare
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    I don't think I've ever felt so good about getting the wrong information about something before!!! Sorry guys!!! Thanks for clearing that up kspare!!!

No problems, stupid rumors! Unless they drove their truck off a mountain road he's ok. Infact we were talking on the way home in banff.

turbokitty
    How the hell did so many go down?

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    Quote Originally Posted by turbokitty
    How the hell did so many go down?
    Large groups riding fast = (usually) somebody riding beyond his/her ability, often leading to a crash
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)