Rider down @ UBC

Thread: Rider down @ UBC

Get to da choppah! Array k_vist's Avatar
    Bike
    2010 Ducati Hypermotard Evo SP

Rider down @ UBC

Just driving home, saw this outside Rose Garden Parkade about 20 min ago...

Pickup truck stopped at cross-walk, bike wedged under the back end. Reddish-maroon colour (custom paint), looked mid 90-ish but I didnt get a good look. Police and ambulance were on scene, rider looked fine (was sitting on the curb, talking).

Was this anyone on here? Are you ok?

My guess is the truck stopped for a pedestrian and the bike low sided and slid into the truck. I'm curious as to whether it was an intentional low side (knew he wasn't going to stop in time, so dumped it) or an accidental one (locked the rear-wheel and bailed).

Sucks to see a bike down so early in the season. Hope you're allright, man.
    "Working on a motorcycle, working well, caring, is to become part of a process, to achieve an inner peace of mind. The motorcycle is primarily a mental phenomenon."

- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert M. Pirsig

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    super standard
    Ooohhh shitty. There is so much sand out at UBC, that i'll be he just grabbed a lil too much front brake and washed out. Either that or he was checking out some sexy thang(warm weather brings out the skimpy outfits) and jus ran into the back of the truck (who was also checking out the same girl)

Registered User Array Miteorite's Avatar
    Bike
    g|xx3r
    shitty

hope s/he's ok

Bike
    It's was a guy, I know that much
    "Working on a motorcycle, working well, caring, is to become part of a process, to achieve an inner peace of mind. The motorcycle is primarily a mental phenomenon."

chainlynx
    That sucks. A lot of riders used to hit that stretch of North West Marine pretty fast until they put in the 3 way stop near wreck beach. In the summer there are a lot of kids running around on shrooms and dope at night so its a tricky spot (great corners though). This time of year there are lots of wet spots in the tree shadows ... I wonder if the rider just came up on the truck a little fast ... hit the wet ... and voila.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.

Cool

Sunny day. Guy on bike. Pretty lady on sidewalk. Bike under truck. Guy now on curb (next to sidewalk...).

It's clear to me that this unfortunate incident was NOT the rider's fault, NOT the truck driver's fault. It was the pretty lady's fault. I rest my case.

*Hope the rider's okay. Bikes can be fixed. Bin there, done that.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Maroon, mid-90's bike? Sounds like a Katana. Hope the dude is OK and he get's his eyes checked.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by chainlynx
    That sucks. A lot of riders used to hit that stretch of North West Marine pretty fast until they put in the 3 way stop near wreck beach. In the summer there are a lot of kids running around on shrooms and dope at night so its a tricky spot (great corners though). This time of year there are lots of wet spots in the tree shadows ... I wonder if the rider just came up on the truck a little fast ... hit the wet ... and voila.

Well, it was mid afternoon, and sunny. So wetness was not a factor. Also, this was on the straight bit, right in front of Rose Garden where the cross-walk is between the parkade and the Anthropology/Sociology Building, so no turns to worry about...

No bike for now... Array Betamax's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda Civic
    It's begun.

Bike
    '04 GSXR 600
    Quote Originally Posted by Betamax
    It's begun.
    I think it began over a month ago.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
    -Emiliano Zapata

Devil's Advocate Array RoadBlur's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki XV 2182
    What, it stopped?
    -=Graduate: Dragon Driving School=-

Raise your pitch forks in the air, shake 'em like ya just don't care!

Its always a race Array Sandman's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 CBR 600
    Hope the rider is ok!!

Ride safe everyone!!
    JS

PrinceGIXXER
    Well lets hope that this dude get a new bike and maybe even the chick he was looking at

chainlynx
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipTkt
    Sunny day. Guy on bike. Pretty lady on sidewalk. Bike under truck. Guy now on curb (next to sidewalk...).

It's clear to me that this unfortunate incident was NOT the rider's fault, NOT the truck driver's fault. It was the pretty lady's fault. I rest my case.

*Hope the rider's okay. Bikes can be fixed. Bin there, done that.
    Yes ... doubtless she was wearing a short skirt and a thong ... or god forbid no thong ... and what was the rider to do? Not look? How could he miss such a sun-lit ass on a beautiful day? The summer can be deadly ...