Another rider down
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another rider down

gss

Another rider down

On Royal Oak in Burnaby going up the hill towards Kingsway. I think I saw a rider sitting on the sidewalk. He looked alert. Lot's of Ambulance, police and Fire. The bike looked to be a silver Zx-6r. Hope your all right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    dirt pig
    oh jebus...hope the rider is ok

No bike for now... Array Betamax's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda Civic
    jebus, it's an epidemic this week.

I know it happens every year, but seems like a big cluster of accidents this week.

Ride safe folks...I know from my own experience that skills are still rusty this time of year.

ride it like you stole it Array Halfer's Avatar
    Bike
    Goof4
    i almost got plowed last nite making a turn at the same intersection by a tow truck that left its signal on

Registered User Array Commuter Boy's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfer
    i almost got plowed last nite making a turn at the same intersection by a tow truck that left its signal on
    Taxi cabs, truck drivers, cops, couriers, anyone who drives for a living.....I
    don't trust worth shit. They change lanes, pull u-turns on a dime, and stop
    randomly. And they're always either slow as molasses, or in a bloody hurry,
    sometimes at the flick of a switch.

If I see any of them around me, they get a wide frickin berth. I should know, I
    used to be a delivery driver.

Bike
    in the works
    wow what a start to the year, hope the rider is alright and that everyone rides safe......

Bike
    I'm kind of glad i'm not riding yet...There was a bike sandwhiched down by the sumas border earlier this week in Abbotsford... I can't wait to get out there...but I can wait!

Bring on the sun Array Bandit_Ryder's Avatar
    Bike
    Yes
    Take a course...it's worth it. Even though I don't like you...I don't want to see any more of this. Take the course man.

Hope the rider is okay...
    R.I.P. Danimal

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit_Ryder
    Take a course...it's worth it. Even though I don't like you...I don't want to see any more of this. Take the course man.

AWWWW EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE YOU CAN STILL SEE A HINT OF LOVE ON bcsb

Bike
    2000 KAW.ZRX1100
    sounds like the riders ok. good to here.
    Im so glad i got a loud pipe,every once an
    a while i got to wake them(everyone) up.

Bike
    02 BMW F650cs
    I saw the rider later on Friday - he was pretty much fine (a little bruising and stiffness), amazingly enough, but the bike's toast. Apparently, left-turner did the old look at bike, not see bike, turn in front of bike thing and left him little choice but to superman over the vehicle.
    Woman and machine
    Each completing the other
    Thought becomes action

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit_Ryder

I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I read this post...

"Why cant we be friends, why cant weee be friends"

That's my boyfriend!

That was my boyfriend's crash! It was a GXR1000 but I can understand the confusion considering the condition the bike was in. He's alright, having some troubles working but will be alright. The truck turned left blindly (the trucker was given a ticket by the police) and stopped in his lane giving him no where to go , my b/f did a nosie right into the truck (wrote the truck off) and flew over the hood. He's pretty lucky considering how bad his bike was, they phoned yesterday to ask for the odometer reading, apparently it was in too many pieces to figure out - they wrote off his bike. We're both going to continue to ride and no the lessons wouldn't have helped him out in this situation, he had scanned, covered the brake and then proceeded safely. He's going to be writing a letter to Joe Rocket, those jackets are amazing, everywhere he kinda hurt was in a padded area and could have been a lot worse, they really do their research!

kneedragger047
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenniki
    That was my boyfriend's crash! It was a GXR1000 but I can understand the confusion considering the condition the bike was in. He's alright, having some troubles working but will be alright. The truck turned left blindly (the trucker was given a ticket by the police) and stopped in his lane giving him no where to go , my b/f did a nosie right into the truck (wrote the truck off) and flew over the hood. He's pretty lucky considering how bad his bike was, they phoned yesterday to ask for the odometer reading, apparently it was in too many pieces to figure out - they wrote off his bike. We're both going to continue to ride and no the lessons wouldn't have helped him out in this situation, he had scanned, covered the brake and then proceeded safely. He's going to be writing a letter to Joe Rocket, those jackets are amazing, everywhere he kinda hurt was in a padded area and could have been a lot worse, they really do their research!

Glad to hear he survived with minimial damage....

Registered User Array cyclestarter's Avatar
    Bike
    Blue Sport Tourer
    My take...

... is that more riders are on the streets earlier because of the good weather. However, this early in the year, the sun gets low in the sky early still, and MAY is motorcycle month, April is not so there is no concious reminder of us 2-wheeled riders.

Ride Safe Everyone!
    ~
    I love the sound of an idling bike early in the morning