dangers of riding categorised - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: dangers of riding categorised

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Awesome work. It's very tedious to search, then cut and paste all those links. Thanks!!
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Team Zookie: 1977 GS400, 1980 GS750E, 2004 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    Nit-picky suggestion: Make the description the text of the clicky. I dunno how to do it, but someone can tell you.

1st name basis with Death Array Ghost's Avatar
    I'm the one in front of you.... ZIPPERLIPS!!!
    Bike
    2014 BMW S1000RR in MF'n BLACK!!!
    Well done, bovine!!!
    i'M a BcSb PaGe 11 RoCkStAr...
    '08 1098S in NERO, of CORSE!!!

Registered User Array savagebovine's Avatar
    Bike
    '06 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44
    Nit-picky suggestion: Make the description the text of the clicky. I dunno how to do it, but someone can tell you.
    considered it, but the descriptions are too generic and similar. I think its ok like this. thx for the input.

edit: as a side note, this is not an exhaustive list. i only did a search of "rider" in the titles and used those rider down threads. there are most certainly more. if you happen upon one, let me know.

Bike
    None right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by savagebovine
    considered it, but the descriptions are too generic and similar. I think its ok like this. thx for the input.
    Perhaps as an alternative, you could change the link at the beginning to something like this:

[35792] Idiot goes down in corner.
    or
    [2004-06-28] Idiot goes down in corner.
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Bike
    '06 GSXR 750
    i like it.

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    very well done!!! I like the way it puts things together. I think you should also sticky a link to this in the noob section as well.
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    Kawasaki Land Rover and a liter-twin and another one
    Great work. Thank you for taking the time to put something like this together.

I'd like to add one factor, which will be difficult to categorize but which is at the top of my own personal list of 'dangers of riding': Inattention.

I've never gone down because of it, but I've been in situations where I know that I came close because my head wasn't in it and I know others that have had accidents because of it.

Again, great thread and I agree that it should be present in the newbie forum as well.

Bjorn

Good work brother! As I was reading your post, one thing came to mind about riding.That is I always pretend that all the other drivers on the road are trying to hit me (half the time they probably are) Never put your life in someone elses hands,because they usually have a big mac or smoke in them anyway!

chainlynx
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee
    I recommend that we "Sticky" this post
    Definitely ... great detail and references. Everyone should read this.

Bike
    Prev. FJ600/Current Raptor 660
    Great work. Thank you for taking the time to put something like this together.

I'd like to add one factor, which will be difficult to categorize but which is at the top of my own personal list of 'dangers of riding': Inattention.
    Firstly way to go on putting so much time and effort into your thread searching SavageBovine, well done. See a need and meet it. You've done well, and it was a good read thanks.

Hehe...the inattention thing. Anyone rear ended anyone checking out the girls on the sidewalk? I've had one close one like that. (Would have been a very slow speed if it happened) I think miniskirts and the like should be outlawed anywhere bikers can ride....or maybe there is a riders course that teaches skills such as keeping your eyes off them! I need help!

Bike
    '06 GSXR 750
    Very good point Jeckyll. You're right about inattention being a large factor. Actually category #4 started being labelled more closely to that, but i found that that title suggests more rider error than the kind of examples i was finding. there are a couple situations under there that seem to suggest the comple fault of the 3rd party. If attention were higher for those circumstances who knows if they could've been avoided. As you say, it's just a little too hard to say whether the accident is due to inattention.

I've included a short script to note the importance of being hyperaware.
    Last edited by savagebovine; 05-24-2005 at 03:12 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    n/a

Awesome job!!

I have posted this thread on the BCCOM forum, what an awesome job!!

Adele Tompkins
    BCCOM

Bike
    GSXR 750 '08
    I have never read such a well put together thread on any site and will be sharing this with my fellow riders back in Ontario. Great work!

Johnny Mo
    Hungry people don't stay hungry for long
    www.2wheeljunkie.com

i dont see how the first 2 "stunting" have anything to do with stunting.