dangers of riding categorised - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: dangers of riding categorised

Registered User Array savagebovine's Avatar
    Bike
    '06 GSXR 750
    whoops. thx.

actually the first one i must have put in there b/c i had gotten a lot of hearsay that he was wheeliing. yoko(max's sister) is in a giant circle of friends. I personally dont know her well. I'll take it out though as it doesnt appear to be fact.

I think the second one still qualifies. he was wheeliing. it could easily have been a factor.
    Last edited by savagebovine; 01-27-2006 at 09:20 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

cbrF381
    30 thumbs up to u. nicely done man!!

Bike
    06 CRF450R sold XR650R :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafnip
    Good work, really makes you stop and think when seeing it like this.
    Really does make you stop and think. Good job on the round up of information. A good learning tool.
    RPM #26

Bike
    2006 BMW K1200S
    man you must have a lot of time on your hands...good research

Registered User Array BRN-2-RYD's Avatar
    Bike
    86 kawi Ninja 900
    Great job!
    its one thing to post about downed riders etc.
    I say this is a possitive step to improve rider awareness and safety out there. Way toi be proactive! I hope we can all learn from this

Registered User Array radmtrbkr's Avatar
    Bike
    Gravity Warp Drive
    good work, thank you.

Registered User Array Supergirl's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Kawasaki 600RR, Yamaha YZF 250
    Nice Job,

Thanks!
    Misti Hurst
    California Superbike School Coach
    Motorcycle Mojo Columnist
    Phoenix Sportbike Magazine Columnist

hotty4u
    hi im new on this site
    wats up

User And Abuser Array alternateimpact's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 CBR 600 F4i
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafnip
    Good work, really makes you stop and think when seeing it like this.
    Wow, hits even closer to home when a poster in this thread is part of of the thread.

what a year this was

Bike
    '06 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by hotty4u
    hi im new on this site
    wats up
    not really the most fitting spot for an introduction as not many people will see your post here. try making a new thread in the general sportbike chat area or open forum, and say a little something about yourself. ie. riding career, riding style, plans for courses, etc. and try using the search function before asking questions as people around here tend to be a little pissy.

Quote Originally Posted by alternate
    Wow, hits even closer to home when a poster in this thread is part of of the thread.

what a year this was
    indeed. It struck me too
    Last edited by savagebovine; 06-30-2006 at 01:55 PM.

addicted
    great post, hits home for sure

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    closed circut stunting is safer than anything i have done, dont argue..you cant stunt.... this is fish btw./

Bike
    '06 GSXR 750
    uh. did you read what i said in the stunting section?

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Yes
    Reposted from other tread......believe this applies...........

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, with the popularity of the sport increasing on a yearly basis, more and more people are entering it without the true understanding of what personal responsibility is involved with riding a motorcycle or what a motorcyclist is.
    First things and last things, no one wants to get into and accident! (an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance). Well if you ride with the above definition, please do not throw a leg over a seat and go riding. All motorcycle accidents are actually an incident - (an action likely to lead to grave consequences) - this may be (will be) argued but if you truly understand what has been said, then you have just greatly increased your life expectancy on a Motorcycle.
    If a mistake has been made by someone else that has infringed on your well being, learn from it and look for the same or similar circumstance next time and take the appropriate action to protect yourself. Again, if someone cuts you off, yes you can be mad and finger him or what have you! But the reality is he is in a vehicle and you are on a motorcycle. You lose! Make the decision for your foes. Don't let them control the situation if at all possible. And most times you have the choices to make or allow this this to happen. If you are a new Motorcyclist (or rider as you are truly just along for the ride if a newbie) learn everything you can from every moment of every ride. If you ride like this, you will be mentally tired after an hour ride from information overload.
    For seasoned motorcyclist, if you think you know it all, then its time to quit. Extreme statement, but the truth. Be complacent and it will bite you fast and hard.
    Listen to your sixth sense. Many a time I got ready for a ride and cancelled because SOMETHING just did not feel right. I was a little tired, I did not like the looks of the clouds, funny feeling in the back of my mind. Planned trip too long, whatever, if it feel wrong, there is a reason. (may be lame but...)
    When riding a motorcycle you truly have to be 100%. If not, the consequences can truly be extreme.
    I am not preaching. This is years of experiences of incidents that I have boiled down into a few paragraphs that have lots of pain, sweat, and sadly tears in them.
    We all die way too soon as it is, why make it a short journey when truly we are just trying to take the long way home - safely!

Bike
    Honda & Suzuki
    Yeah Free from Pluto,
    It's dead right.