Dirtriding area database - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dirtriding area database

damn broken leg!!!!!!! Array gixxer_76's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 KX250 Ripper!!!!
    That's a great link. It doesn't do much for the single track seekers but is very helpful for a logging road adventure. A big bike or a quad would be great for that. One note: beware of oncoming traffic! That's been the cause of many severe crashes. Have fun!
    Just like a twig, your leg will snap if you smash it into a wall with a 400 Lb bike @ 100+ Km/h. So just don't do it!

http://www.saveonwheelrepair.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

damn broken leg!!!!!!! Array gixxer_76's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 KX250 Ripper!!!!
    So speaking of riding areas:

All riding areas start from a logging area. But with so many logging areas in BC, how do some turn into trail networks? Is it simply a guy that lives in the area and is a hardcore passionate about the sport? What about when there are multiple areas in the same region? How exactly does said hardcore fellow choose which to start work on?

The visionaries that have created our great riding networks have my ultimate gratitude. My buddy and I spend much of last winter making one trail. It turned out to be a pretty hardcore trail that needed many changes to withstand wear and errosion. My hats off to the guys that do this regularly!
    Last edited by gixxer_76; 09-18-2008 at 07:12 PM.
    Just like a twig, your leg will snap if you smash it into a wall with a 400 Lb bike @ 100+ Km/h. So just don't do it!

http://www.saveonwheelrepair.com

Registered User Array katanarama's Avatar
    Bike
    Ancient History.
    Quote Originally Posted by legal alien View Post
    Happy hunting and if anyone wants a bit of company on the trails up there, drop me a pm.

Picking up my dual sported XR650 early next week.

Who is up for some logging road adventures with a noob?

5. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

lets get this thread back up and runnin.

I plan on doing some (limited) forest road exploring on a KLR650. Problem will likely be that everything is snowed in at this time of year, no?

Bike
    o4 yammy R6, 05 r6 stunt bike, 03 yz 250 (2 stroke)
    i just got my yz 250 2 stroke, i live in maple ridge, looking for people to dirt bike with!!

ive been on street for years, im not new to dirt just not a pro. if your down to ride, hit me up!!

Bike
    2003 CR250
    For a close by ride I go up Eagle ridge, 20min from PoCo including loading the CR. Go on a Sunday, the Quarry is accessable and easily the best "local" ride.
    Take Johnson from Lougheed and don't stop.

Training Wheels Array
    Bike
    You won't. What you can do is check the field a few days (A week would be better.) before you need a pilot. There are always guys/gals hanging around that will fly just to get the time in their book. (Maybe a few bucks.) The problem is you get what you pay for. Most of the pilots with certs are already on retainer, like a lawyer. They won't risk the cash cow for a quick milk run. The good thing is, if you find a good PT pilot, you can try to get him/her on a small retainer with ADVANCE notice. You ain't gonna get them out of bed with small dough. Good luck.

Registered User Array fartypants's Avatar
    Bike
    85 RZ350R, 2008 WR 250F
    I know the GKMA has an awesome map of the Duffy lake ( Kamloops) area but I can't find a link to it on their website. They also have a good portion of th etrails up there marked kind of like ski runs ( black diamond etc). It's a great place to ride and teh GKMA runs the campground. Good fishing to boot!!

http://www.gkma.ca/OffRoad/PlacesToRide.asp

Bike
    06 636
    Hey guys looking for some noobs to ride with pm me if you like I am free usually days only. Been riding dirt for a few months and have been quite a few places so I do know what I'm doing.

Cheers!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2009 DRZ-400SM
    Is Eagle Mountain still open to riders? Looking for some beginner friendly trails as close as possible to downtown Van.

Registered User Array stinkyfast's Avatar
    Bike
    CT70
    I think the closest place to Van is Mcnutt, maple ridge. It can be McNasty but you can also go there and ride more friendly trails. I took a buddy there last year, first dirt bike and first ride. He called me an asshole but thanks me for it now.

Ridin hard n dirty Array Mr.Sushi ya ha's Avatar
    Bike
    bunch "o" bikes
    I just got back from riding at #8 road. Big Sandy area. Has changed lots. Big deep puddles. There was a truck in over its roof. Took 3 trucks to get it out. Good entertainment for the day.
    Remembering Bill Mclean.
    Having had a colonoscopy......I have now seen where the sun don't shine......(Me)
    Cancer Sucks!!!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2009 DRZ-400SM
    I actually went out there for my inaugural dirt ride this morning, no crashes yet, but did realize that I forgot my trailer ramp out there once I got back home. I was riding solo this morning, but saw several bikes and quads out there when I went back to pick it up.

What area were you riding? I was at the end of Blundell and didn't see any puddles out there.

My wife and I picked our dirt bikes today, looking to break them (hopefully not us) in tomorrow.

Do you guys recommend Richmond, or head out to Chilliwack as per the Cattermole post?

We just wanted somewhere open to fart around and get used to the bikes, a wide open field to rip around at this point would be ideal