Rider Down on Rupert and 1st
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rider Down on Rupert and 1st

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2000 GSX-R600

Rider Down on Rupert and 1st

I saw 2 bikes pulled over and a car on Rupert and 1st. I pulled over near them to see what happened, my first thought was that a car had cut the rider off, but that wasnt it, his friend told me he was going a bit fast on the turn and he kinda panicked and lost control and he dropped his bike. The rider is ok but sustained a deep gash in his right knee and he said he felt pains in his right arm and his left thumb was broken or dislocated. I hope he recovers fast and ride safe everyone!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Ouch well at least everyone is OK I guess. This is why I keep it civil these days.
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Bike
    Big and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by PUREVIL
    Ouch well at least everyone is OK I guess. This is why I keep it civil these days.
    And so you don't get any bugs on your bike!! You may have to break out the quick detailer.
    Flowbie- Mellowing with age...

Stolen from Atom:
    Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

Bike
    NONE--soon maybe
    J ALWAYS has quick detailer.... he aint the king fer no reason
    R.I.P. Dan and Cody

Forever in my mind, forever in my thoughts, forever in my heart

KO7
    If it's the sweeping right-turn from the highway onto Rupert and 1st, then I know how easy it is to get carried away there.

Used to work at PNE and after the day shift, there would always be a few of us PNE riders "having just a bit of fun" on that turn. Anyways, hope the rider is doing okay and learns from his mistake.

Registered User Array warp9racing's Avatar
    Bike
    07 zx6r
    yeah that was my buddy.
    I was coming back from s2s, took that exit, saw the sirens and lights, saw a bike down and thought to myself "oh shit". then i recognized my buddies bike and thought "double shit". So I pulled over at the chevron to make sure he was ok. They're both fine, the rider that went down just has some rash and possibly a broken thumb.

Speedy recovery to your friend jeff!
    07 Monster Kawaski zx6r -"Dorothy"

Akra-PCIII-CW-CA-KR-Puig-Galfer-Vortex-HID-AMA Monster SS Rep-jumper-pazzo-Bstones-techspec-attack-gpr-drive systems

Berik-Shark-Astars-Sidi-Icon-Teknic-UnderAmour

Bike
    K5 GSX-R600
    Guh... is that the corner with the nasty manhole cover, like 2 inches deep?
    Last edited by cuski; 06-23-2005 at 12:40 AM.

Bike
    Z
    J ALWAYS has quick detailer.... he aint the king fer no reason
    what!! your back in the game!? i havent heard from you in a long time you dirty chilie mofo!
    -gurp

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    LAF No more quick detailer cuz I dont have to wear a backpack. Bike leaves for the States tomorrow.... See you in August! Gurp you better hook me up with some shorties, ya know wat I mean?
    Last edited by PUREVIL; 06-23-2005 at 01:45 AM.
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

? Array
    Bike
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by warp9racing
    yeah that was my buddy.
    I was coming back from s2s, took that exit, saw the sirens and lights, saw a bike down and thought to myself "oh shit". then i recognized my buddies bike and thought "double shit". So I pulled over at the chevron to make sure he was ok. They're both fine, the rider that went down just has some rash and possibly a broken thumb.

Speedy recovery to your friend jeff!
    thx for sticking around! ride safe everyone.. watch ur following distances and ride at speeds ur comfy with!! live and learn.. heal up sooooooon rich.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    2004 r6
    thnx guys it was me.....

lucky for me...fracture left thumb.... stitches on rite leg.... and missing a chunk of meat on my rite elbow..

hurts like hell but im ok....

poor bike tho...hope its just cosmetic dmg...

Bike
    S
    I know that exit too. Use it all the time when I go home from work. The first turn at high speed is not a problem but the second turm is pretty tight. Glad you're alright.

Bike
    Holy fuck... "missing a chunk of meat" were you wearing gear?

Hope you get well soon, what exactly happened????
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

Bike
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by PUREVIL
    Holy fuck... "missing a chunk of meat" were you wearing gear?

Hope you get well soon, what exactly happened????
    I'm guessing he was too focused on the first turn and then noticed another sharper, almost right angle, turn and that made him divert all his attention on the curve and didn't noticed the intersection till the last couple of seconds. Slammed on the brakes, and broke out?

That was what kinda happened to me but I managed.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by coolio
    I'm guessing he was too focused on the first turn and then noticed another sharper, almost right angle, turn and that made him divert all his attention on the curve and didn't noticed the intersection till the last couple of seconds. Slammed on the brakes, and broke out?

That was what kinda happened to me but I managed.
    A lil target fixation/panic? I not sure where this turn is exactly, is this the one coming off the 1st Ave Exit south bound number 1? By the Chevron?
    Mayor Of "Poserville"