Rider down...

Thread: Rider down...

Bike
    ZX10r

Rider down...

It was me this time. It was my own fault though. Taking the right from North road onto Lougheed, its a tight sharp turn... I was in the turn and for some stupid idiotic reason decided to twist on the throttle for some more fun... lost rear traction, backed off the throttle and yes I highsided for the first time. Thank god I was only doing 30-35 km/h. Its quite a feeling, its so different than a low side. You are just thrown from the bike, and the bike actually leaves your feild of vision as your sailing through the air. I landed on my left side and the back of my head hit squarely on the concrete. My whole body twisted and thats probably the most painful part. I was wearing a helmet (thank god for that), leather jacket, jeans, runners and gloves. However the leather jacket just rode up and the left side of my abs got rashed up, as did my right knee and right outer thigh. The jacket took the elbow and back hit which was good. My right ankle has a bit of rash, but held up well. These runners have awesome heel protection, so just scraped up on the outside. The bike thank god fared well. Frame sliders are awesome!!! they just shaved off, the oil cover got scraped but not to the point of leakage and the fairing got slightly scraped. Handlebar ends protected my levers and only the shifter got bent and driver side mirror busted. Bike was flooded after so I let it sit for 15 and then started her up coaxingly. Anyways, just wanted to say take care out there, I was lucky there were no cars around and it was such a low speed. Keep the grins on a track or deserted country areas.
    ps: if anyone has a shifter and/or driver side mirror for a 97 gsxr 600, shoot me a PM. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Honda & Suzuki
    I've done dumb things like that for no good reason, but not for many years. Pain hurts.

or in french,le steekmon! Array stickman's Avatar
    Bike
    2001 Triumph TT 600,1998 Kawasaki ZX6
    I'd get a new helmet if I were you!Good to hear you're alright.
    WMRC # 98

Registered User Array cyclestarter's Avatar
    Bike
    Blue Sport Tourer
    Congrats on surviving the fall ...

... i've read enough Rider down threads that have very unhappy endings.
    ~
    I love the sound of an idling bike early in the morning

Bike
    R1 and Husky
    Don't feel bad. I had a silly dump a few weeks ago too. I was pulling out of my spot in underground parking after washing my bike. The real wheel spun on the soapy water I just dumped out, and I did what must be the world's slowest highside (maybe 10 km/h). It scraped the fairings and mirror a little, bent a slider, and bent the shift lever. Doh! Then I snapped the lever off while trying to bend it back. DOH! The bike was back on the road after a couple days, but my pride took a little longer to recover.

mirror? try ebay http://search.ebay.ca/mirror-gsxr_W0...fsopZ1QQfsooZ1

PM me if u want teh 1997 GSXR manual to install your shifter. I got it on PDF

Bike
    ZX10r
    Thanks guys... I bent back my lever and noticed a hairline crack, but its back in the right position. I'll replace it when I find one. I am kinda wanting the mirror bad though. I'm so used to using it, I feel like a rebel without a cause riding single mirrored.
    I also realised the turn has those wide painted white lines which probably contributed to the easy slip up and quick regrip.

How many poser points? Array Spraxxx's Avatar
    Bike
    '03 R6
    Painted lines are pretty bad, wet painted lines are even worse
    Said best by Bob and Doug Mackenzie - HOSER!

cbrF381
    dude ur great for sharing it with us, good for everyone to know and I just learnt sth myself. I never thought a 600 could have so much torque to lose the rear end but then you learn sth new everyday. Try eBay, if u want I can get the stuff on ebay and you can pay me (if you dont have an account). I hear so much about frame sliders I should seriously get them installed on my baby. Hey also get some boots dude, it is much better in a case of a crash, specially a low side.

take care budd