1980's old school skateboards
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1980's old school skateboards

Fuh-coffee we will go Array carbonfibrerocket's Avatar
    Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R

1980's old school skateboards

So I was feeling nostalgic and dug out my old Monty Nolder skateboard from my high school days (1984 ish). Independent trucks, Powell Peralta Crossbones wheels, Bones bearings. Do I dare and take it for a skate? ATTGATT right? So anyhow, anyone out there with 80's skateboards hiding in there closets, post up pics, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Big shitty balls of shit, that's a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    I spent a lot of my time working, scraping together money to build my skateboards when I was kid.. for a long time they were my only mode of transportation. I loved that stuff, hanging at the bowl , Cal Streets, PT's skate shop, Thrasher and Transworld mags.
    I finally got my dream set up, a blue Roskopp #3 gull wing trucks and kryptonite wheels. .Then it got stolen and I quit cold turkey. sigh. I wish I still had it. I got back into boards years later with the "new" twin tip trick boards with little wheels, but soon moved onto other things again.

Last edited by Jaybo; 07-26-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    My roomate has a bit of a collection going...but the yoda/mullen deck is mine
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    wow, I had that old Firefly only in green. Never thought i'd see one of those again.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Registered User Array Dawson165's Avatar
    Bike
    2003 honda rc51
    lol, love the fire fly, my buddy got one of those things, I had the bigger one, I think it was made by dsc, then I got my first real board, the vision Gonzales, and thats all I rode from then on in, oh and a couple jason lee boards....lovin the old school pics...Cal streets, hahaha havent heard that name since expo 86 lol!! I bought a cal streets 'goo' watch from them hahaha, and my mullen t shirt....ahhhhhh the memories....

oldskool suzuki rules Array maggotbreath's Avatar
    Bike
    237 HP 86GSXR11 Turbo Streetfighter, 84 GS1150EFE, 73GT750 in pieces. XN85, GS250, GS450, BSA500X2, BSA650, XT350
    This thead FTW, couple 70's skates in that last pic, awesome. Stopped bowl riding when I hit 40, still got some of my old boards! Will try to post em up tonight if I haven't hit the bottle to hard. Anyone remember the Skateboard Palace?

Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    Those Tony Hawk and Steve Caballero decks, or any original Bones Brigades NOS decks are going for some serious coin now, even in thrashed condition. I've seen from $500 up to $1700 depending on condition. I had a Hosoi Hammerhead and a Gater deck with Gullwing trucks too. Sigh.

I had a McGill, Tracker trucks, Sims wheels, it got stolen. What a pissoff that was.

Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    Bike
    MONSTEROSITY
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonfibrerocket View Post
    Those Tony Hawk and Steve Caballero decks, or any original Bones Brigades NOS decks are going for some serious coin now, even in thrashed condition. I've seen from $500 up to $1700 depending on condition.
    Yea, my roomate's been at this for a while now, he's well aware of some of the prices. (http://www.artofskateboarding.com/ is great for this). He's a 'picker' tho, so he never pays retail!

Apparently, in mint condition, my 93' mullen yoda slick is anywhere from $1000-$1500!... and here I was.. just grinding the shit out of it!
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

Bike
    2001 zx-12r 2009 drz400sm 2003 Ktm 525sx 2007 yzf-r1
    I was looking into old skateboards and the new retro boards awhile back just out of curiosity.
    Like Carbonfiberocket says some of the old stuff is worth a few bucks especially those old bouncy aluminum decks ,duraflex or silver streak maybe?
    Personally I liked the concave decks.
    Infidels Rule!

Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    I've got DVD versions of Future Primitive and The Search for Animal Chin at home, but I just ordered this Bluray, Bones Brigade: Autobiography (that's been out for a frikkin' year now and I never looked for it). It looks awesome for anyone who followed the pioneers of skating.

Bike
    RC51 & Blackbird
    anybody here ever build a half-pipe in their backyard?

my buddy next and i (we had to be about 14 or so) put one in his yard with lots of "donated" lumber. when we were talking about building it it was all about sourcing the right transitions for the ramp. his neighbour had a couple of great danes and when we were on the ramp they would run back and forth along the fence line following us on the ramp.
    *** every move should be calculated ***

Quote Originally Posted by sAdam View Post
    Most everyone on here is worth a laugh or has a good insight at one time or another, even syncro.

license to chill Array frontside5's Avatar
    Bike
    R6, F4 stunter
    Vision Jinx - Marty Jimenez but fully covered in stickers.

Sims One Buck - Buck Smith

Set up with Indy trucks, Santa Cruz Slimeballs, Vision rails, german bearings, full sandpaper top. I remember putting a hole in my shoes on the side of my foot from all the ollieing - able to get over 2 decks stacked.

Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    This McGill is sah-weet. The reason it's sweet to me is because this is the one that got stolen....25 years old, never skated

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171080031874...84.m1438.l2649

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    Quote Originally Posted by DNAspark99 View Post
    I'd like that Hutch hanging from the ceiling.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

Bike
    08 GSX1300BK, 03 XR650R
    Last edited by carbonfibrerocket; 07-30-2013 at 09:19 AM.