So you're going to buy a motard ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So you're going to buy a motard ???

Driftin'
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thgear
    I got to admit there's nothing that accelerates like a big 2 stroke. There not for a new rider at all.
    Would a KTM 350EX/C be too much for a novice motard racer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Best of both world 2,4 stroke Honda
    HA HA HA, 4 REAL!

IT IS A BIG VIBE, U get use to holdin it loose. THen it aint so bad.
    your signature is not private.

Bike
    70cc 450cc
    I don't know about Bill's statement of 40 hours for a CRF450 rebuild; most people on thumpertalk say 100 hours on the piston and oil changes once a week if you're riding it every day. So ten minutes of your week is eaten up.
    Last edited by Kwota; 03-13-2006 at 11:55 PM.

Motard Central Array FastbyFerreira's Avatar
    Bike
    Motard Central

Exclamation Got motard stuff

[QUOTE=Driftin']Would a KTM 350EX/C be too much for a novice motard racer?

Do you allready have the motard stuff or are you looking for it ? I may be able to help you...
    I Cant Fix Stupid.

gonna start the repairs and upgrades soon, lots of work ahead!!
    anyone got a 17x4.5 rim for sale?? excel preferably

jimi2I
    hey what about the suzuki supermoto, what do you think?

Bike
    1987 Ninja 600R
    Tell me if my question is totally stupid... but i am really interested in getting a supermoto, however I want a bike i can make long trips and travel on, and possibly hit dirt roads and such. I am really looking into a KLR 650 for my purposes, carrying my camping gear and all that. My question is could I get the supermoto stuff for a KLR when i just want to bomb around the city or stick to paved roads? I never really thought of it until I saw the XR 650 on your list.

Thanks a lot.

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Bill, I have a question about the Huskys. I know that they come factory in SM format. However, I don't just want a SM for the summer, I also want a dirt machine for the non-track rainy winter weekends. So...based on that, can you dirt up a Husky? Would I want to do that? Or should I just get 2?

The problem is, the GF wants a dirtbike and SM too...so that would make 4 more bikes! I'm really really wanting one bad now!
    WMRC & PCMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    Burnaby Kawasaki

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

es ist orange und bellt Array barking pumpkin's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 KTM 540SM
    Forgot the '06 KTM 560 SMR....I want, I want, I want.

Bike
    2004 KTM 540SM
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDragon
    Bill, I have a question about the Huskys. I know that they come factory in SM format. However, I don't just want a SM for the summer, I also want a dirt machine for the non-track rainy winter weekends. So...based on that, can you dirt up a Husky? Would I want to do that? Or should I just get 2?

The problem is, the GF wants a dirtbike and SM too...so that would make 4 more bikes! I'm really really wanting one bad now!

04 KTM 525 exc came from the factory with Motard and dirt set ups as part of the package. It takes me maybe an hour to change over.

Bike
    FZ600
    After watching the SM races at the quay, i am thinking of buying a SM. they look like blast to ride on.

can anyone tell me if there is a huge difference between the Husky 450 and 510 besides the c.c's?

Bike
    2004 KTM 540SM
    Bill forgot to mention the Husabergs and maybe put in a kind word for the TM's.......I think Loyd would like that.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrock
    Tell me if my question is totally stupid.......I am really looking into a KLR 650 for my purposes, carrying my camping gear and all that. .....
    Late response but I just found this.

You can put 17's on a KLR but it won't be a decent Supermoto in the same way that a lighter bike is. It'll just be a KLR with 17's. The KLR is just too big and heavy to have the light and flickable feel of a moto. THe XR650 and DR650 would manage but even they are at the far end of the Motard spectrum in most folks' minds. The KLR is a great bike for plonking along and going pretty much anywhere but plonking and cruising is what it does the best. For grins and giggles you need something more compact and lighter.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoDragon

How good are you at dirt? I had the same idea to get rid of my DR350 and get a second set of wheels for the Husky. That lasted all of 3 milliseconds before I realized that the Husky would pound me down into the mud so far and fast that it would take at least a decade for the tree that grows out of my remains to see daylight. But if you have some serious Motocross background then you'd probably LOVE it.

A more mild bike like the DRZ would be able to do double duty but in that case get two of the dirt/street ones and get the SM wheels. If you start with the DRZ SM you can't go for dirt sized brakes since the fork uses a fixed length caliper mount rather than an adapter. So only two bikes with second set of wheels.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomgti
    After watching the SM races at the quay, i am thinking of buying a SM. they look like blast to ride on.

can anyone tell me if there is a huge difference between the Husky 450 and 510 besides the c.c's?
    Bill says the 450 actually spools up quicker than the 510. But I suspect that the engine is a touch more highly stressed to keep up with the 510's extra torque. Other than that they are the same bike.

And yes they are...... a blast to ride that is